Altered Farm class? May 15, 2014 01:15PM
Question for those who pull or have Altered Farm classes

What are your rules?
What weight classes?
Is it a fairly easy, fun, and cheap class to compete in?
What is your estimated Hp?

Our local hot stock class has gotten a little far from where it started. It's no longer the step above farm stock. So now there are guys who are in between classes and crying on both sides. I was thinking I'd like to introduce the class and possibly use mine as a guinea pig.

Any responses would be great. Thanks

Re: Altered Farm class? May 15, 2014 09:34PM
[www.southwestwipullers.com]

Modified Farm 8,500 lbs.-3,000 RPM Tractor Rules

1. 3,000 RPM max. All tractors will be checked at each pull

2. Safety Equipment

3. Wheelie bars

4. Tie bars

5. Safety blanket

6. Steel flywheel with slipper clutch

7. Factory clutch with blanket or scatter plate

8. Dead man throttle

9. Air shut off

10. Fuel shut off

11. Must have fenders

12. Roll bar or roll cage and wide front highly recommended

13. Cross bolts mounted in exhaust pipe – 2, 3/8 grade 8 bolts

14. Stock OEM manifolds

15. Cubic inch limited to 540 cubic inch

16. Limited to an A pump except under 400 cubic inch and comes stock can run P pump

17. Tire size limited to 18.4 – 38 no cut

18. May run a stock intercooler - no ice box

19. The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.605 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. MWE GROOVE MUST BE INSIDE NECK AREA WHERE INTAKE COVER IS MEASURED @2.6". The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel. No trick map grooves.

20. Weight limit will be 8,500 lbs.

21. Drivers must be at least 14 years of age with driving certificate and parental consent

22. May use water injection and water only

23. Diesel fuel only

24. All other general tractor pulling rules and common sense apply.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 12:42AM
We used to run into the same thing at our pulls, now we have a MPH and Distance board at the end of the track where every one can see blocks away, now we can do 6-8-12-MPH classes, or any speed class you want,Antique guys love it.Its the greatest thing since slice bread. I think this would be best to seperate your classes with a MPH class.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 01:36AM
I could run road gear with those rules. I think that's what there trying to stay away from.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 02:13AM
The altered farm class in northern Indiana are in the 8-900 hp range, at least 3 or 4 are anyway.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 04:37AM
What I'd like to see is a class like this

3k RPM
12-12.5k weight
All safety stuff to start with minus ski bars up front
Factory appearing pump so the IH guys can run 13mm pumps and no one cries
3lm or equivalent size turbo (maybe larger?)
Factory cubes is my thought (I'd like to keep the class open to big cube Case and White/Oliver's

My goal is to allow the hotter than farm guys have a place to pull without stepping up to the now expensive cookie cutter 466 hot farm class.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 04:56AM
Take a look at Illiana Pullers Association Farm Stock rules @ illianapullers.com.

Stock dimensioned factory pumps. 2.3 turbo. 2750 rpm across the board with saftey equipment is the general idea.

Alot of tractors in road gear. Don't know if there is video on youtube or not.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 02:59PM
Look at mmttpa 11,000 hot stock rules that sounds like a good class for all Colors

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 03:53PM
I'm all for as many brands as possible, but giving any color a potential 120 cube advantage slims the competition in a hurry. Want the evidence, look how many hooks they had in that class on any given night. This is not meant as a slight to anyone, just an observation from someone without a dog in the fight.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 17, 2014 12:03AM
I like the rules for illianas class. Seems like it should be fun and fairly easy

Re: Altered Farm class? May 16, 2014 03:00PM
Go to Facebook.com and type in Heidrick pulling team. Here's the link. [m.facebook.com] The ones listed Jenny's nightmare and ressurected reaper are illianapullers farm stock. This is the link for the rules for this class. [www.illianapullers.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2014 03:31PM by latenights5020puller.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 17, 2014 12:28AM
The MMTTPA's 11,000 Hot Stock class was designed so all colors should be able to compete. Not had the numbers in tractors the association would like to see but it is a new class and last year was it's first year. Hope that the numbers show up this year, if not may have to make changes in rules or replace it with something else.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 17, 2014 12:29PM
Just checked out the mmttpa rules. I like it. With some modification. It would work here for what I would like to see happen.

As for a speed limit......it is not a well liked idea around here. And honestly I'm not a fan either. Hope it doesn't come down to that

Re: Altered Farm class? May 17, 2014 12:48PM
Take a look at the "Too Hot to Farm" class with the Illini State Pullers. 12,500 lb, 3000 rpm, 470 cube, Box S360 turbo, up to 12mm A-Pump, factory style Rops and most other basic safety equipment.

It was a new class last year, and we had great numbers (10-19 tractors per event), and 16 pulls booked so far this year. Overall a big success so far, and looking forward to another great year.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 18, 2014 11:32AM
The to hot to farm sounds perfect. But the cube limit I don't like so much. Maybe a 505 limit?

Re: Altered Farm class? May 18, 2014 01:20AM
We run stock core fuel and an s362 sealed box turbo. The charger is around 750 bucks sealed by the supplier. With water injection we are running third gear at 12500.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 19, 2014 03:18PM
Check the Altered Stock & Hot Farm rules for IPL (Indiana Pulling League) at the www.indmpa.com website.
Each class works well and each puts on a really good show.
I think there's 6 to 10 any given night in Altered Stock and 8 to 12 in Hot Farm.
Engine size is 510 for each class, Turbo 3 x 3.5 for each class. Difference is pump, rpm, tires.
However, there is at least one Altered that also pulls Hot Farm very competitively since he can easily run the unlimited rpm's now.

Re: Altered Farm class? May 28, 2014 03:39PM
3000 rpm 11000lbs 540 cube a or p pump tie bars blanket factory roll bar or cage 3lm charger factory pivoting front axle in stock location of that tractor and rpm monitor plug that hooks to a box on sled . Seems to put on a good show not real expensive class but like all some do get carried away. This class is only a year old in our area and has 10 built and pulling now and there is a few more being built good class and good show

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520