IH radiator getting hot May 29, 2014 01:23PM
I ha a IH 466 limited pro and I put a small aluminum radiator on it with an electric fan the radiator is 22in wide by 24in tall and 3in thick stock water pump, we ran it idling around some and then I held the brakes while trying to put a little bit of a load on it and the radiator got hot right away is there another way I should set up this system or is this normal. thanks

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 29, 2014 02:53PM
what is your temp gauge reading

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 29, 2014 02:55PM
If you don't have a good fan with a shroud around the outside and an air gap between the fan you can have problems. What is hot? blowing out radiator or temp on gauge?
if gauge temp, could be bad gauge. If blows out could be weak cap. If radiator has bubbles when cap is off looking into radiator, thats sign of leaking head gasket.If you have a thermostat in the engine that can be a problem. Just a few things to check.

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 30, 2014 12:07PM
230+ and pushing out water I have and automotive electric fan 16in I don't think its the head gasket once it cools down its fine ive had that problem before and no thermostat either

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 30, 2014 12:29PM
what is your injector pump timing? you may be running the engine with the wrong cc of fuel. making cylinder temp high. just a possibility.

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 31, 2014 04:56AM
im running the timing at 42 right now and the pump is around 900cc im think it needs turned down more

Re: IH radiator getting hot June 01, 2014 01:21AM
Is the top of your radiator mounted lower than the cylinder head? If it is, you need a way to allow the air to escape when filling with coolant. If not, your head and possibly part of your engine will have a huge air pocket that it can't get rid of. And if your head gasket leaks just a little combustion pressure into the water, it will cause this air pocket all over again. You really need a place to fill the system that is higher than the head and if the tractor has rake, it needs an air bleeder line from the back of the head to the fill point.

Re: IH radiator getting hot June 01, 2014 07:07AM
actually I think my radiator is a little lower than the head

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 30, 2014 02:50PM
Why don't you just run a dry block quit messing with water,been running dry for 6 years no problems .

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 30, 2014 04:45PM
put the thermostat back in the housing or plug the water pump bypass if you are still running the stock thermostat housing

Re: IH radiator getting hot May 31, 2014 04:57AM
im not running the stock housing anymore

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM