Shramek June 07, 2014 01:36AM
Why was Shramek not a Hutch? Is not running the points circuit this year?

Re: Shramek June 07, 2014 01:59AM
Good question. I was looking at results this morning on ntpa.com and noticed the same thing. Not many guys running for points in any of the NTPA classes anymore. They need to start paying out better like PPL does!

Re: Shramek June 07, 2014 02:54AM
PPLs super stock diesel class doesn't pay so well though ....

Re: Shramek June 07, 2014 04:50AM
Team one
PPLs super stock diesel class doesn't pay so well though ....

How many DSS would be at Hutch 2014 if the other org had a DSS class, Sad ???

Re: Shramek June 07, 2014 05:17AM
We'll see tonight from Ellsworths results, I bet at least 10. maybe a dozen.

The DSS class and the GN circuit June 07, 2014 02:43PM
I don't want to speak for any specific pullers, but I do want to address some of the talk I heard last Fall and this Winter/Spring regarding the Diesel Super Stock class and the Grand National circuit.

A majority of the pullers in the class have complained to the NTPA that there are way too many hooks for the class. A top tier DSS is probably one of the higher maintenance vehicles and they are just pushing them so hard all the time and with so many hooks it doesn't leave any time for a life outside of driving a hauler and wrenching. Many of the pullers told the NTPA that they wanted less hooks. Did the NTPA listen? NO! Do they ever? I sure doesn't seem like it. The NTPA just kept booking the class on every free date to any promoter that asked for them.

Some pullers have argued (and it's a legitimate argument in my opinion) that if the class is in such high demand then the NTPA should be able to charge more for it… and payout better. It's simple supply and demand economics. Raise the rates for the class, weed-out the events that won't pay more and they will lose a few events and have some time to take a breath in the Summer. It's a win-win for the pullers in the DSS class and much better for the long term health of the class.

To all the competitors in the class, stand strong, stay home, put some serious pressure on the NTPA to finally listen. Stay home all summer and just make one or two events. Send the NTPA a serious message. The NTPA has a history of treating its own competitors as adversaries and maybe that's how the pullers need to treat the NTPA until they finally realize that an adversarial relationship is a really, really, really poor business model. Maybe, just maybe it will force the NTPA to work with the pullers instead of against them.

I'm not necessarily a fan of unions, but I am a fan of organized protest and if the DSS class needs to go on strike to wake up the NTPA then I'm all for it.

(Again, this isn't about Shramek specifically, just some talk I've heard about the class)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 07, 2014 03:29PM
That and the fact they have to always pull twice because not enough in the class so lets punish the ones that showed up with a pulloff. So double the hooks from the schedule.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 08, 2014 08:34AM
Jake and double it are dead on

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 08, 2014 11:58AM
I was surprised to hear that the DSS class is the most requested class on the NTPA circuit. I'm sure NTPA feels pressured to give the promoters what they want, but the way things are going with that class it won't be the most requested much longer. It really seems to have died out and it doesn't look like its hit bottom yet.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 08, 2014 03:49PM
I just cringe when I see the pulloff set up I know that some fans like it and the fans are what makes the pulling possible. I think that the pullers are driven out when they are spending all the money to do this. We were in a few spots where we had to come back and pull hot and never was it a situation where we had as good of a hook as we would havecold, and a couple times ended up loading a tractor that was burned down. Years agoe the pulloffs happened sometimes but nothing like you see now from the NTPA I think that in the long run it hurts the whole sport

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 08, 2014 11:51PM
There should be additional set payouts for vehicles involved in sled resets and vehicles that make the pulloff if there is one. This would be seperate than the winning payouts and it should be manditory accross the board for all pulling classes.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 01:33AM
There is extra money for a pulloff on the GN circuit, it is sponcored by Ag Protect 1. This is a Ron Barga II company.

S'no Farmer

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 08, 2014 10:30AM
Last year at Louisville, this was a topic of conversation among those pullers. At the time, they had 24 hooks lined up for the upcoming 2013 season, I believe, so double that up to 48 and you have a more accurate number for runs on a machine in a year, when you consider the runs made before a sled reset, test hooks at non-points pulls, etc.

It's a shame how the numbers have dwindled and I don't think I'm out of line saying that for the class (and the sport as a whole) needs sweeping changes in order to turn things around. Pullers spend way too much money on their machines and haulers, not to mention the lost time driving to so many far off events, to get paid such paltry purses.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 08, 2014 03:17PM
Two years ago at Jefferson City, Missouri, the first night Esdon was the test puller in the heavy super class. He went out to easy so they reset the sled, he came back to the end of the class and went out again and got in the pull off. In a short turnaround pull again, won the class but toasted the motor and was done for the second night. That was three hooks in one hour, in one night. I think they need to change the pull off.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 02:19AM
this is what the NTPA does, they run a class into the ground and then move on. They are doing it to the DSS and they WILL do it to the Light PS class. It's just a matter of time.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 02:47AM
Why doesn't ntpa make sure the sled is set tight enough right away? Tractors don't need to run 310-340 every stinkin night out! What's wrong with a winning pass of 292? Is it to help keep the small guy that goes 240 look respectable by lightening it up?

This whole 320 rule is a joke. 300 should be a full pull like it used to be. Set the dang sled tighter!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 05:06AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 02:21AM
I would say do pulloffs for BG and Tomah in the DSS and the float the rest.

Outlaws have floated it for years and Region is doing it. It works and pullers like hooking only once. Especially on a friday/sat hook venues, it keeps more iron on the track for both nights.

We choose to do around 15 passes a year. One because of time we can be away, and two, it's enough work to do that much.

I have no idea how those guys do 30+ hooks a year, my hats off to them but I couldn't devote that kind of time.

There is a fine line in pulling where it stops being fun and enjoyable. I can't blame guys for wanting to take some time away when needed.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 02:38AM
I agree with Adam!! Run floaters and Pull off at the big 2 events!! I love smoke more than anything, but if we break them one night with pulloffs we have less for night # two. NTPA NEEDS to realize that with NO PULLERS there is no show!!!! NTPA PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR PULLERS DONT KILL THEM!!!!!! or NTPA solution kill a class start another one no big deal!!! Thats BU@LSH!T LISTEN TO your people who MAKE THE ntpa go thats YOUR PULLERS!!!!

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 05:50AM
I think the Outlaw limits have really helped the Pro stock tractors, they put on one hell of a season last year with 10+ at the bigger event all running hard. The superstocks are doing good, not quite the high performance machines as NTPA or PPL but im sure the crowd would take 7 or 8 detuned SS than 3 or 4 high end ones.

Re: The DSS class and the GN circuit June 09, 2014 07:15AM
heres an idea. let guys throw out a hook. that way you can miss one without ruining your points run.

DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 03:32AM
Is the new BILLET BLOCK rule part of the problem? 3 precommited and they are all red. Do these tractors have a billet block and the others are boycotting the class because they disagree with the rule? The block was the last OEM part of a component tractor, now they are just mods.

Running 2 times should not be a problem when the 7 and 9 class was still around they may have to run 2 times in each class. Running up around 300 psi of boost is a little hard on things. If they all back it down a little the motor would live longer. I just hope this class doesn't die, this and mods are where pulling started from.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 04:08AM
I am surprised Roberts hasn't put boost limits on the Outlaw Diesel Super class. They all stepped up the horsepower the last 2 or 3 year and few are left running at the end of the season. Outlaw limits have worked in all the other class and they have lots of tractors, less breakdowns, many different winners and most all get paid good because the events have lots of tractors and the pulls draws lots of paying fans. I know Roberts caught a ton of grief from other associations and pullers over the years that didn't like the limits, but it sure has paid off for Outlaws.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 09:09AM
This tread is about the problems that the NTPA seems to be having with the DSS class in particular and their pre-commitment program overall. While pulloff's are a concern in the class, I believe that the bigger issue is the sheer number of hooks that the NTPA has in place for the class. To many miles, to many events and to little time for repairs, family and etc.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 09:13AM
The most exotic Motorsport on the planet is Formula One. The sport and vehicles are owned by some of the richest folks on the planet. They have a rule that everyone involved seemed to accept and that was they all have 5 engines, and they have to make do with those engines or they go home. That keeps some one with a big ego and small character from burning down an engine at every race. These guys can afford it, yet they realize there's no honor in bankrupting the other car owners.

Now before you all start foaming at the mouth, tractor pulling has become, in these classes on the National level, an attitude that I will build a tractor that only has one run in it and that has been a method of how those with deep pockets cull the herd. Pro Stock is going to be next. You don't see guys in NHRA PS burning up engines. But the TF guys are still doing it, yet the powers to be would like to tone it down if they could.

Pullers and these organizations need to get it in their head this sport is to draw spectators and these shows need to have vehicles that can preform, not be trailer queens. Put reasonable rules out there and learn to build an engine that will hold up. Hell anyone can build a 1 run motor, like pulling the pin anyone can do it.

And as far as Doug Roberts, he seems like the only sane guy left in tractor pulling. At least he has some vision, and the balls to try to make it reasonable. Any other beefs you may have with him are your problem. Pulling is being run by the inmates and someone has to put some sanity into it and stop coddling those with the biggest pockets.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 09:53AM
Why do you think the prostocks are on the verge of a meltdown ?? There were 20 at Franklin KY a couple weeks ago.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 10:58AM
Well mr opinion this shows just how much you are looking at the whole picture there are a few pullers that drove over 36000 miles last year and and was gone 45days not counting sundays hard to run a farm that way.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 12:40PM
smoker fan
Well mr opinion this shows just how much you are looking at the whole picture there are a few pullers that drove over 36000 miles last year and and was gone 45days not counting sundays hard to run a farm that way.

That's your problem. No one nor no law says you have to try to be a hero. If it's out of your league, go to your local fair and be happy you can do that. After all your a farmer, not a professional puller. You should be one that is begging for some sanity instead of playing your...... "I'm a farmer" card. Be part of the solution and not a whiner. I don't say that as a low blow, but farmers that think they are somehow the benefactors of pulling, and your wrong. Get your ego in check, ask your self if you are capable of doing both. Your decision to drive 36000 miles is your own doing. Some people drive that much every year to work. And that's their problem. Ticket buyers don't care what you do.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 02:18PM
You sound like a great proponent for limiting national classes. Money will be spent to be competitive on the national circuit year after year. Your never going to legislate economy at the national level. You want economy pull local and be happy. If you can't do that then that's your problem. :-)

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 03:14PM
Your problem fanatic
You sound like a great proponent for limiting national classes. Money will be spent to be competitive on the national circuit year after year. Your never going to legislate economy at the national level. You want economy pull local and be happy. If you can't do that then that's your problem. :-)

If your referring to what I said, you should then become a professional and if you think winning on one hook because your equipment can't endure the competition, then bring a spare motor. They say Top Fuel is about 50,000.00 per pass. If you want to be in that league stop bitching in public about it and show us just how much of a champion you really are. You don't hear John Force getting on bulletin boards and pissing on anyone that has an opinion other than his. If pulling is that important sell your farm and hit the road. If you are in over your head then it's your problem. Pullers need to grow up and stop this non stop crying and whining. The world is full of limits. It's a waste of my money and time going to a pull that has classes that can't get down the track. A one hook pull winner is a joke. I don't care to even watch a class that can't keep their equipment running. Your no pro and should not be cluttering up the show unless you can perform. If it takes 3 hooks than I want to see them. These classes with today's sleds no longer need to be burning down an engine every pass. You are only kidding your self that the "FANS" want to see you go 200 ft and burn up.

There is no bench mark with pulling that a spectator can relate to, unlike drag racing. The right sled can go 300 ft with a garden tractor hooked to it. Once again if you want to keep burning up your cash or whoever's cash your burning please do it after the FP line. At some of these "national" pulls if they took away the booze, your reason to travel so far would be drastically hindered. Maybe you would go for a drag racing type system. You oil down the track you loose points, if you do it too often you pay. NOBODY likes it when they have to clean the track. A die hard drag fan gets pissed when it happens, because the rest of the show is crap.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 03:29PM
Wow you have it all figured out how did pulling ever get to this low with your wisdom bemonst us. Thank you oh great one! You limiting arrogant genius.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 06:39PM
Some people have different goals. I like tractor pulling because of that. Hans Boxler puts on the best show in the dss class. Because he runs his tune up on kill. I like seeing that. You never know whats going to happen. Is he going to kick a$$ or blow something up. Not picking on him just saying. If you don't like it go to a nas car race and watch taxi cabs go in a circle. In tractor pulling limits are set by checkbooks.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 11:33AM
The meltdown will be like last year when they get to Wheatland, MO and only 10 tractors left running and all green but one.

Re: DSS #s & GN June 09, 2014 01:06PM
really not that many were broke for wheatland. the ones that didn't go were not going to benefit out of going or alter there position in points and decided to not travel and start getting crops out. june july and august are for pulling most are farming in may and september

Re: to adam vaske June 09, 2014 11:01AM
i live in northwest iowa and go to most outlaw pulls and a few ntpa i hope you can make it to rock valley and wisner this summer i love your new machine and its always a fun class to watch because you and demers and goodwin and ullmer and messinger make it a very competitive class and alot of fun to watch hope to see you this summer

Shramek's June 09, 2014 02:15PM
This was posted on The Young Blood Pulling Team Facebook page Sunday

Yesterday at 1:41pm ·
I just wanted to take this time to thank all our fans/family for their support over the last few years as we achieved many of our goals in the pulling world. I wanted to let you know that we did not pre-commit for this summer and squash any speculations but still plan on seeing us this summer.

This was a family decision. We have a day or two of planting but more importantly Braden is now 16 and is ready to get into the drivers seat. We have chosen some local hooks as well as hoping to get him driving in Tomah, chapel hill and bowling green to name a few. We also have a daughter moving after this summer along with another wanting to show her horse more.

Braden's fist hook is in Mexico,Mo Saturday night. I'm really excited to see him start his pulling season. We will keep you updated as always.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 02:16PM by Pf/2.6.

Re: to adam vaske June 09, 2014 02:31PM
Tomah, Wadena, Rockwell, RV, Hinton, Sibley, Monticello, Dubuque, Sac City and Fort Dodge is the plan through end of July.

Hope the tractor cooperates and we get the full schedule in. We are pretty blessed to have some good friends, fans, and competition in both Outlaw and NTPA.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: to adam vaske June 10, 2014 12:44AM
Just like in any motor sport,any sport for that matter,MONEY TALKS,BU##*HIT WALKS.

Re: to adam vaske June 10, 2014 03:55PM
JOHN
Just like in any motor sport,any sport for that matter,MONEY TALKS,BU##*HIT WALKS.

And by the sounds of things you DSS boys don't have as deep of pockets as you think you do. It appears that most of them have hit the point of BS walks. If your heroes can't run the distance take 50 ft out of the track. When you see people sporting a 1/2 mil on up toy at a tractor pull and they are crying they cannot make more than one pass they show their true colors. That on kill nonsense is pure fantasy. A winner does not cry about the event, he does what has to be done to win. If you cannot keep up, you stay home. Someday the diesel folks will figure out that burning up parts is not cool.

I thought you were talking about a National Championship. They were never meant to be for local or regional competitors. Sorry. If you want the big title you play the game.

TOO much Tail waggin the Dog. No other "Motorsport" that you mentioned lets the competitors run the show.

Re: to adam vaske June 10, 2014 04:03PM
It doesn't have as much to do with money as it does time, if they didn't have the money they wouldn't be pulling at all, but you can't make time it takes time to keep dss tractors running just as much as it does money and how do you make money without time??

Re: to adam vaske June 10, 2014 05:18PM
People have to get on here and be an a$$hole? I think Bryan taking time out to get his son started driving is great. But what do I know? Oh yeah i'm not a keyboard puller.

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 02:07AM
I remember once upon a time I was at the Indy Super Pull. A guy named Keick or something close to that had a Ford 8000 that had won the NTPA 7000 LBs SS points for the previous year. Ed Johnson said that he had run the whole previous summer without as much as pulling off a valve cover. I don't think any puller in any class can do that any more. We all push our engines and drive line parts way to hard to be able to do this...times have changed.

I was at an event a couple of years ago and an engine builder came over and was looking at my engines, he pointed out several things that I could do to get more power from my engines. I pointed out to him that I needed longevity more than I needed more power. With a long summer we all seem to push our stuff too hard and it gets hurt and we get tired. In the mod classes things have progressed over the years to where we have way better blowers, this tends to stress everything from the crankshaft to the chassis. We get used to the power and no-one wants to go backwards so the number of vehicles seem to dwindle as less and less people are willing or able to keep up the pace in time or money.

I think winning a points title may seem less impressive now than it was back when there would be 25 or 30 pullers running for points in each class but I think that the caliber of the pulling vehicles is way tougher than it may have been back in those days. Winning a points title may be just as hard now in the heavy SS class with 4 very good tractors as it was back then with 25.

S'no Farmer

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 02:28AM
You know, people talk about the "any block rule", what about back in the day when "smoke guys" said we will park our equipment if the alky guys run in the SS class? Is it time to revisit this situation now that both classes have about died on the national circuit???? JW

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 05:30AM
Guys lets not forget it was the first hook of the season , more will come and I guess if there still isn't enough build one ! Everyone is concerned where all the competitors are in the dss class and disappointed , I like dss class better than anything and the more the merrier but you don't just pull these things out of your corn crib and hook them to the sled they haven't gone anywhere and I haven't seen any for sale, they will show up somewhere.

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 09:45AM
Team one
Guys lets not forget it was the first hook of the season , more will come and I guess if there still isn't enough build one ! Everyone is concerned where all the competitors are in the dss class and disappointed , I like dss class better than anything and the more the merrier but you don't just pull these things out of your corn crib and hook them to the sled they haven't gone anywhere and I haven't seen any for sale, they will show up somewhere.

You make a hell of a good point. These "National Championship Events" are about selling tickets, not a reward for a farmer that has an ego problem. If any "MOTORSPORT" had NATIONAL competitors that only showed up when it suited them, you'd be on the outside looking in. Can you imagine if JFR , Rousch, Kyle Busch, only showed up when they had time? Maybe the Thunderbirds, or the Blue Angles, will be at the air show you traveled 1000 mile to see.....if they have time. They had tyo shut Cedar Point down for 2 days because of a water main break just before they opened. People were pissed.

The issue here is not one puller but the fact that there are pullers that want to alter the events to accommodate their other obligations. If you want the title you have to earn it.It's all relative, to all Motorsports. Pullers want the glory on their terms......That's going to change. I'd be saving my bottle caps because in the future your going to play on someone else's terms. If you don't there will always be a brush pull to show of your million dollar investment.

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 10:07AM
These race teams you just alked about make money doing there sport, pulling is a hobby to most so until the pay increases be happy with what you get to see at an event not what you didn't! maybe if the promoters of these pulls said hey lets charge NASCAR prices to come see our pull and we will pay the competitors better prize money I bet there would be no one in the stands and a ton of vehicles! Damn keyboard pullers go AWAY! Be happy with what you get to to see and dont knock a guy who chooses to invest a lot of money into a tractor or truck to make pennies. WTF is so difficult for people to understand!

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 10:18AM
WAKE UP
These race teams you just alked about make money doing there sport, pulling is a hobby to most so until the pay increases be happy with what you get to see at an event not what you didn't! maybe if the promoters of these pulls said hey lets charge NASCAR prices to come see our pull and we will pay the competitors better prize money I bet there would be no one in the stands and a ton of vehicles! Damn keyboard pullers go AWAY! Be happy with what you get to to see and dont knock a guy who chooses to invest a lot of money into a tractor or truck to make pennies. WTF is so difficult for people to understand!

You pretty well said it all. You should stand out in front of the grounds at BG and hand fliers out to everyone before they but those cheap tickets. That way they will know just how the Farmer/Champion really fee;s about their sponsors. Whether you like it or not those low level fans are your sponsor, both on the track and in the fields.

Promotors June 11, 2014 11:05AM
Well no matter how you look at it they own the tractors so they choose when and where and how often to run them, it is the promotors job to get people to bring their tractors out, yes it's a hobby but a little prize money never hurt anyone and I'm sure all organizations could pay a little more but you can only slice a pie so many times before it turns to @#$%&.

Re: to adam vaske June 11, 2014 03:17PM
Please remember Hutch and Ellsworth were on the same weekend this year and both had SSD class. The six "region" diesels that were at Ellsworth on any given night will compete with "grand national" tractors...... I'm not saying they will beat them but they are becoming more and more competitive every year. I would guarantee those 6 guys would have loved to go to hutch but elected to chase region points. Deggenhardt, Vaske, Schlabach, Henderson, Barfknect, Bleckenger were there and ran. Most of these guys were closer to Hutch than Ellsworth..... Peterson, Aments, Bockman, McGiffin, Becker and Williams will all probably be at Tomah as they were still farming, not ready, or afraid of our weather. Dahl and Miller did go to Hutch. Now that's 15 region tractors available plus 8-10 GN caliber tractors and you are looking at a class of 20. Will everyone run? I can't answer that....... My point is the numbers are there....... 2 events didn't do good for either show. They will be a week apart again next year.

FYI.........we also had great numbers of GN light supers run- Chizik, Lynn, Wettelson, Red Thunder..... Piessig waiting on parts. Give these people time! As a promoter it does frustrate the hell out of me that people are not ready when they know 6 months in advance we are having their class but there is NOTHING I can do about it and it does me no good to bitch and complain...... People can only do what they can do weather it is waiting on parts, time to put things together, money, or work. If these guys don't get a crop in the ground it's pretty hard to pay for a hobby. Just my 2 cents worth

Re: to adam vaske June 12, 2014 06:09AM

Hi,
Well, here goes...
To those comparing big time tractor pulling to things like NASCAR, just stop.
You're comparing apples to oranges.
How so?
Well, Rick Hendrick doesn't have to be at his car dealerships every day and then go to the shop afterwards.
Jeff Gordon doesn't work a 10 hour shift at the widget factory and then head to the shop after supper.
Chad Knaus doesn't stock shelves at Walmart during the day and work on the race cars at night...
They are paid to be full time racers.
They make their living racing cars in NASCAR's top series.
Name me one tractor puller that makes a living doing nothing but pulling with the NTPA and or PPL.
Now, for the folks talking about "showing up and making the fans happy"...
First, when I go to a pull it's because I want to see some smoke, hear some noise, drink some beer, gawk at the pretty women, and have fun!
I'm a fan of the orange tractors, but if I go to Tomah and Young Blood isn't there, I'm not going to stamp my feet, cuss and swear, and get back in my car and leave...
I'm there for the whole show, not for one tractor or even for one class.
Secondly, as for the comments that it's "all about the fans", it's not.
I cringe everytime I hear someone say that.
It's not "all about the fans".
Yes, the fans and their money make things better (better venues, better purses, better shows, etc...), but pulling came first and then the fans discovered it.
Auto racing came first and then the fans discovered it.
Pullers are pullers and will be pulling somewhere, even if there's no one around to see it.
Racers are racers, and will be racing somewhere, even if there's no one around to see it.
"The fans" only matter to those trying to make money off of them when they gather to watch something interesting.
As soon as you put the fans first, you give up on the product and the product suffers.

Later .......

Re: to adam vaske June 12, 2014 08:06AM
I should just keep my .02 cents to myself but this is something I know all too much about and some of you guys pecking these keys don't really need be commenting on this situation! Have you thought before you have some knee jerk comment to throw out here, how hard it is to Pre Commit and run the GN or PPL circuit? Do you work on your Puller and hauler all week long getting ready, missing your kids ballgames and missing time with your wife, plus no pullers I know were born into wealth so oh by the way a good portion of our week is Farming or running our businesses to keep the bills paid! Its so easy to quickly say how easy it is to Pre-commit and run these tours, but all these guys are making huge sacrifices to do so! And it seem the NTPA brass especially could care less! Think before you comment give some respect to these guys, Shramek has hit it hard for many years as many others have he may just need a break, think about Esdohn Lehn how many years has he pounded the roads going to these shows, and the Petros, Bauers, Longs, Sullivans many many more, guys wake up its not easy its hard!

Re: to adam vaske June 12, 2014 10:45AM
Little Wood Duck

Hi,
Well, here goes...
To those comparing big time tractor pulling to things like NASCAR, just stop.
You're comparing apples to oranges.
How so?
Well, Rick Hendrick doesn't have to be at his car dealerships every day and then go to the shop afterwards.
Jeff Gordon doesn't work a 10 hour shift at the widget factory and then head to the shop after supper.
Chad Knaus doesn't stock shelves at Walmart during the day and work on the race cars at night...
They are paid to be full time racers.
They make their living racing cars in NASCAR's top series.
Name me one tractor puller that makes a living doing nothing but pulling with the NTPA and or PPL.
Now, for the folks talking about "showing up and making the fans happy"...
First, when I go to a pull it's because I want to see some smoke, hear some noise, drink some beer, gawk at the pretty women, and have fun!
I'm a fan of the orange tractors, but if I go to Tomah and Young Blood isn't there, I'm not going to stamp my feet, cuss and swear, and get back in my car and leave...
I'm there for the whole show, not for one tractor or even for one class.
Secondly, as for the comments that it's "all about the fans", it's not.
I cringe everytime I hear someone say that.
It's not "all about the fans".
Yes, the fans and their money make things better (better venues, better purses, better shows, etc...), but pulling came first and then the fans discovered it.
Auto racing came first and then the fans discovered it.
Pullers are pullers and will be pulling somewhere, even if there's no one around to see it.
Racers are racers, and will be racing somewhere, even if there's no one around to see it.
"The fans" only matter to those trying to make money off of them when they gather to watch something interesting.
As soon as you put the fans first, you give up on the product and the product suffers.

Later .......

And you don't see those you mentioned showing up at every local race and strutting around like a rooster. The discussion left one puller and went to running a "PRO" circuit. If you don't think or believe these events are not about the fans, you need to have a long talk with Forrest Lucas. Easier yet would be your local fair board. They can and will explain the simple fact that if they don't have fans you could just as well go pulling in your front yard. Not one pull, these days is for the benefit of anyone but the fan and the promoter. Farmers are so out of touch with realty that some of you believe it's because of an act of God that you are being blessed so you can be a tractor puller.

And those of you that are not commit'ed to a pro circuit and want to go to a horse show or a ball game instead of being a "PRO" should run local and be happy. You can't seem to understand that "PRO" means sacrifice. A sponsor is also after the fans and not giving you money so you can play when it suits you. Pullers are their own worst enemy when it comes to sponsorship, for them and the organizations. If pulling never evolves it will be because of the pullers attitudes, not bashing those that expect a "PRO" to act like one. What would Danica do if she sat out every race because she had cramps? .

Brush pulls are for people that want to have fun.

Re: to adam vaske June 12, 2014 12:48PM
Pulling was 10x better in the 80s it mite have been less hp but nobody new it .The llss classes putS on a better show than ss now

Re: Shramek June 14, 2014 05:11AM
we limited pro guys are trying to get this class up and going but NTPA is standing around draging their feet while PPL took the bull by the horns and made it a awsome class!!!!!! once again NTPA dint listen to the pullers and good pullers are leaving to go to groups that listen to them. just remember no pullers no show!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro