questions for builders June 17, 2014 01:29PM
what is the best way to get my parts from you guys? Should I call every day and complain? It seems The squeaky wheels are getting the grease. This is a serious question. Waiting 2years for parts is ridiculous. What does it take to get my stuff to the front of the lime?

Re: questions for builders June 17, 2014 03:12PM
If ur One guy tryings s to get parts from big name parts builders good luck with the exception of hypermax. What parts r you looking
for? May be able to help you out.

Re: questions for builders June 17, 2014 03:20PM
if its been that long good luck. hope he dont have your money too. sounds like they have to much buiness .what kind of parts are they working on.

Re: questions for builders June 17, 2014 04:04PM
Are you building a complete tractor, or a motor ? Are just having parts built ? What time frame did they give you ? Some builders are busy. Some will take your money knowing they will never provide. Some will take your money and give less then you paid for. Hell buy a tractor then have the guy back out on you and keep your money. Point in story is do research on who you have dealings with. It will pay off in the long run. Find someone you trust and stay with them. Cheaper is not better.

Re: questions for builders June 18, 2014 02:04AM
im in the same boat. although its rolling on 10 months that the builder said would be done in 3 weeks.... the problem with the guy im getting parts from is i have got my frame from him in the past and so have hundreds of other pullers. this time i just dont know what the deal is. maybe just to bsy?

Re: questions for builders June 18, 2014 02:20AM
It is just an engine kit for a 640 cid john deere super farm motor. Plus some machining, block boring, camshaft etc. .. It is a serious question I want the builders to answer. I am learning that the "price of nice" is not working here. I feel that if I am rude the builder may not do a good job. So what is the best way to handle this? Yes it is a popular builder with a big name. I want to know from a builders point of view how I should handle this. I will not say the builders name because I want to maintain a good relationship with them.

Re: questions for builders June 18, 2014 04:18AM
You need to remember that tractor pulling is a sport for the super wealthy. Every move the super wealthy make is to put the little guy down and out so they can have it all. Unfortunately every engine builder, co op, implement dealer, grain bin dealers have to abide by their rules. So you get caught in the mix of getting left behind and if they don't have anything to do they might get your stuff done. Don't expect to outdo the rich guy because he has spent the money so we have to let him win or he then looks like the dumb ass. Oh Lord, we can't let that happen.

Re: questions for builders June 18, 2014 04:24AM
It really doesn't matter what another builder thinks. You entered into an agreement with this builder.

You and the other party have to decide if you can continue as is or can part ways in a civil manner and move on.

If you feel the agreement you entered with that party is not being held up on their end convey that message to them.

Find out your options with them and move forward either with a new deadline or see if you can part ways.

If they are a big and busy builder I am sure they will not have an issue to move forward elsewhere if you have a timeline that can't be met.

Best of luck.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro