What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 05:27AM
I was just wondering what some of you have given up to keep pullin' tractors. My wife of 15 years recently divorced me. Needless to say, she blames my ol' buddy John. John Deere, that is! She blames the tractor and I say, she's crazy. 10 years ago I started pulling. I guess you could say that back then, she thought my tractor was sexy! Now I am 35 and I am just wondering if there are any happily married pullers? Are there women out there that understand us? And if so, where the hell are they?

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 06:46AM
I have been married for 12 years. Pulled modified tractors on a limited schedule most years. Got the ultimatum to quit pulling, or else, a couple of times, but I haven't quit pulling, and she's still here! It really is too bad there aren't more women that appreciate pullin'.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 07:40AM
My fiancee told me that if I keep pullig it has to be one of those smoke throwing roll caged things. Direct quote! God I love her. When the budget allows the hot farm will have to be one of those smoke throwing roll caged things. Sorry to hear about your luck though. I am sure you will find somebody new. Maybe switching from John Deere would help?? sorry just a low blow I couldn't ressist.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 08:02AM
My wife is the one that got me into pulling

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 08:07AM
My wife pushed me to get ours done. And now her brother is building one, going to be a "family affair".

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 09:14AM
Met my second wife at pulls.
Sure fire way to know they like and understand pulling. Also, her sister is married to a puller so that helps too!!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 09:32AM
women and pulling tractors can be a volitale mix. some hate it, some love it and can be very supportive. my first wife loved it when i won then rewarded me when we got home. she did'nt enjoy nearly as much when i got 3rd or 4th. what can i say, ya can't win all of them. we eventually got divorced, but for different reasons. the woman i have now loves every aspect of pulling. i just love walking back out to the shop after supper to see her polishing the aluminum wheels on a hot summer night wearing her tight little cut off shorts and white tube top. mmmmmmmmmmmmm let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 09:44AM
im just a loyal fan and tractor pulling has come to many arguements. how come u have to drive all the way there and why do have to go to every pull. lol she should count her lucky stars that my budget doesnt allow me to pull. but i did puropose to her at a tractor pull so she should know better than to argue about pulling Grinning i keep telling her pull it hard and pull it long.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 25, 2009 05:25AM
Not necessarily HP my wife and I met at a pull and our first date was the next pull, but as soon as she said "I DO" all I have heard is "how much of a waste of money that damn tractor is" so ya never know.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 25, 2009 04:03PM
Bummer !!!!!
Sorry to hear that.
It sure burns up the money, but it is sure fun, and you make tons of really good friends.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 10:04AM
Yea but they are still up there from Bremer. Ya can't fix that at all.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 10:56AM
agreed, that is a day to day battle for me.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 10:32AM
Love the stories were the wife/girl friend says its the tractor or me and the guy takes the tractor, shows how much she was worth in the relationship. I know, because I have been there. been pulling for years, meet gal, she likes the fun and then after awhile, she no like so much, see yaaaaaaaaa baby. When the woman wants to drive the bus as Dale E. jr said in a interview not to long ago, it was time to let-her-go.........

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 10:41AM
Tractor pulling, snowmobiling, and hunting is why I will die sad and lonely. I do love my dog. Anything else you need you can rent.

Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 24, 2009 12:02PM
I am the wife of a die hard tractor puller... When we first met and started dating the only way that I could see my now husband was to go with him.. This made for some very long days, nights and weekends. He pulled an antique Oliver 88 and if anyone has gone and I am sure you all have, they are the longest pulls in the world to sit through and video tape, escpecially when you really do not know what the heck is going on... LOL.. Well as time passes I grew to love the sport.. Like I said if I wanted to see him I had to live with the long nights in the garage and the loud noise and the constant tractor talk. The first year that we were married, I had our son on the 12th of August and if anyone who knows tractor pulling you know that that is right before Bowling Green.. Anyway, two days later it was time for me and our son to come home from that hospital and my husband was home long enough to "kick" us out of the car and pack his bag for Bowling Green. I guess he must of thought that if he can leave only two days after having a son, then I was a keeper.. Well now it is 16 years later and our son has been pulling since he was 8. (Which he was at his first tractor pull when he was 8 days old)... He loves it and does very well with it.. He is a born natural... I guess I am sort-of out numbered in our house when it comes to the tractor... But you know what I love them and if that is what they love to do then I stand behind them 150%... I know that my husband is not at the bar all the time and my son is not running the streets... Just a little side note... I have only missed 2 years of Bowling Green in the 16 years that we have been married and I love it.. I can not wait for the next year to come along. I am more excited than they are I think... Anyway, for the poor fellows that their wives and girlfriends do not like tractor pulling... GET RID OF THEM.... There are women out there like myself, you just have to look long and hard... My husband was just lucky to have found me!!!!! LOL!!!!

Re: Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 24, 2009 12:17PM
My wife had puller b4 I knew her parents from tractor pulling b4 I evan met her. We got married last June on a farm I invited a bunch of friends built a track we evan hauled 30 loads of clay in from 35 miles away to buid it. (had to get it off a job we were on Lucky meSmiling) hired a sled and had a tractor pull where we got married the morning of our wedding. I rode my tractor to the ceremony. Then her dad drove her up on his Oliver 2255 to me HAHAHA she had to ride away with me on a FORD!!Grinning

Re: Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 24, 2009 12:31PM
That is totally AWESOME!!!! Good for you and her and good luck in the future.. You know what they say... "A couple that pulls together, stays together"!!!!! Congratulations!!! Thumbs Up Smiling

Re: Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 24, 2009 01:48PM
hey patches, do you have a good looking 24year old single sister?
Between farming, pulling, fishing, Duck hunting, trucking have found one with
similar interests.

Re: Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 24, 2009 03:26PM
All my ex wives didnt care if i went to the pulls. It was my girlfriends they didnt like.

Re: Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 25, 2009 05:14AM
Youll have that from time to time!!!!

Re: Wife's viewpoint of a die hard puller!!!!! March 25, 2009 06:21AM
Sorry no sister.... But you know that for a relationship to work there has to be some compromises... You have to find a girl that likes the things you do, but in the end you also have to do things that she likes, even if you don't always like them... This is how I have been married for 16 years..

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 24, 2009 08:45PM
That's the best thing I heard all day!!!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 25, 2009 01:11AM
I had the same problem with my ex. She went on her merry way then I met someone at a pull. Long story short...... Im gettin married in June and my ex is already married. To another guy who pulls tractors! So go figure. If its right..... they stay..... if not..... they leave. Life goes on! Live and be happy! Life is short!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 25, 2009 03:22PM
i wouldn't give up anything, just forget the woman!!! thats my response !!!!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 01:10AM
Now that is advice that can be usedEye Popping

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 01:33AM
My Dad met my Mom through Tractor Pulling and there were married for 31 years until he passed two years ago. The reason for their success was that she liked the tractors and used to pull a long time ago in the powder puff divisions on the old 806. Dad was the wrench man and my moms brother was the driver. They made it work but someone also gave him the advice of let her do what makes her happy as well which was horses. So between the tractor pulling and horse showing they would meet in the middle and it worked! You just have to find the right woman that understands the aspects of pulling. As result of the two I am the daughter who loves tractor pulling and wish I could have my own!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 04:15AM
I'm one of the lucky ones;she loves the pulling to the point that she drives her own blown 2WD truck. When it comes to spending money on the pullers she sometimes wants to spend more than I do :-). We have five pullers and not enough time to hook all of them...a good problem to have alhough we were able to make it to about 70 events last summer...life is good! As far as what I would give up...I pretty much let her buy what ever keeps her happy out side of the pulling world and that means I cant go hog wild with new parts when ever I want!

S'no Farmer

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 04:56AM
It is a rare woman that likes the hobbies of their husband,yes at first they might like the fun and excitement of it all but after the ink hits the paper and they get the ring on their finger it becomes a different story to many times so hang onto the ones that really love this sport and even better if they to pull themselves,as for the other 99.9% of women in this world that are jealous of the tractor throw them out you will be better off with a good dog they will always wag their tail and support you,which leads me to the next thing if they don't like animals and are afraid of bugs and dust and jealous of the dog,throw their asses out cause no matter how great they look sooner or later you are goona have problems with em.Written by a 52 year old tractor puller that has been their and some things just ain't wort puttin up with,second wife been married 30 years and still pulling,the best day of my life was the day I received divorce papers from that first hellcat.Life is to short for that kind of misery.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 06:33AM
I agree with those of you that think you should be happy with your life. And if you love to pull............ then pull! Woman or no woman! There are lots of women out there who are just looking for a good man. Someone that is decent and kind. So you men need to find a woman that supports you in all aspects of your life. And do the same for your women. There is truly someone for everyone! You just have to find them.

I like to think of myself as a pretty good "catch". So where are you single pullers at? Any in Kentucky? Any in their 40's? I am also divorced because of diferences in interests. I attend many pulling events and have found that even though the pullers are all very friendly, they are a bit shy!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 06:57AM
Here is a phone number for a fellow i know,single close to 40 a puller,at least tease him heee but seriously it is 816 596 1620 he also farms and building a new tractor.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 07:36AM
HEY REAL WOMEN GIVE BILL A CALL 612 490 5206 HE NICE LITTLE SHY LIVES IN MN SINGLE HARD WORKING

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 07:48AM
That's a great idea! Pullin woman, you need to call Wilbur... He's a good guy, lookin for the love of his life. Loves trador pullin, and workin on em! Pretty smart guy, and knows how to make the piston fit the sleeve, and gap those rings if ya know what i mean! Winking We's just a bunch of trador pullers tryin to keep the mech-a-neck happy! So give em a hollar!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 08:32AM
Some of you single women out there should give Bill (Wilbur) a call. I've known for him for quite a while. He can be shy at first,but one of the nicest guys you'll meet. Bill also has a good sense of humor. He just hasn't had much luck in finding anyone who enjoys pulling.

Lots of single pullers in Mid Kentucky March 26, 2009 09:25AM
Well Real Woman, just so you know, there are lots of single pullers in the Nelson, Hardin, Larue, Barren, Hart, Metcalfe, Warren and Green County areas. I'm not sure what part of Kentucky you are from, but hang in there! It's all about to get kicked into high gear! Some of the guys do seem shy, but there buddies are always sure to do their best to hook the single ones up! Take the initiative yourself if you have to. Like they have said before, life is too short! And pulling tractors is so much more fun when you do it as a "team". My husband has been pullin' since he was 15. I really enjoy going with him and helping out when I can. Maybe you could look to some of the women at the pulls to point out the single men to you. Women sometimes have more of a knack for this kind of a thing than men. Oh well. good luck!

Re: Lots of single pullers in Mid Kentucky March 26, 2009 09:33AM
put a ''woman wanted'' ad on tractor,good way to meet them.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 10:07AM
When I saw the first error I just assumed it was a type-o but then I saw the second... So please fill all of us in. What is "Trador Pulling" and who is "Trador Pullers"?

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 26, 2009 10:09AM
Sorry I was replying to "little smoke stack big smoke pipe" This message board is so goofy.

Hey rare woman? March 26, 2009 02:29PM
I am 49 years old. Do I know you?

Re: Hey rare woman? March 26, 2009 06:01PM
SINGLE WHITE MALE IN NORTHERN ILLOINOIS, FARMER, PULLER, 44YRS.OLD, SEEKING ATTRACTIVE FEMALE 30 TO 40 YRS. OLD. IV'E BEEN CALLED A GOOD CATCH. CALL ME. 815 238 5064

Re: Hey rare woman? March 27, 2009 01:01AM
wooooo hooooo jakes got a dating service

Not A Bad Idea! March 27, 2009 03:04AM
Actually the dating service is not a bad idea! Let's do it! Here goes.....

Single White Female 39
Enjoys tractor and truck pulls
Not afraid of hard work
Have a good job that I love! (Monday-Friday)
Great cook........ no kidding
Married and divorced ONCE! Once was enough!

Looking for a good man.
A good SINGLE man
who also enjoys the pulls
and works hard.

I live in central Kentucky!

Now, who's next? LOL

Re: Not A Bad Idea! March 27, 2009 03:07AM
Central Ky guy here Georgetown actually probably seen you around before lol

Re: Not A Bad Idea! March 27, 2009 03:55AM
I'm sure you have! Are you single? lol

Re: Not A Bad Idea! March 27, 2009 08:25AM
single white male
western kentucky
good job
nice home and family
good cook.... somethings, not all
2 adult children
enjoy pulling tractors

looking for single white female
who also enjoys pulling
one that is not too needy or pushy

IH is my thing, but if JD is yours........ it's all good!

Re: Not A Bad Idea! March 27, 2009 10:19AM
GrinningGrinningGrinning

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 27, 2009 10:18AM
GrinningGrinningGrinning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2009 10:20AM by American Thunder fan.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 27, 2009 12:21PM
DONT GIVE UP ANYTHING CUZ I FIGURED IT OUT AND I QUOTE "WOMEN..... THEIR ALL FUCKIN NUTS!!!!!!!!"

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 27, 2009 12:54PM
Somewhat related, but I about had to give up the idea of pulling tractors when I had a battle w/ cancer about 5 years ago. Beat it, though, and I'm still building a puller, and hoping to run it, one handed. It won't be no superfarm or Diesel superstock, but I think I'll be happy w/ a 3000 RPM 1206 that I built myself.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 27, 2009 02:31PM
hang in there blackstack wish u many full pulls

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 27, 2009 02:44PM
My wife told me as soon as I started making more money than we would know what to do with then I could buy a tractor . So I guess I will never know the thrill of pulling a hot farm or hotter tractor.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 27, 2009 04:07PM
My theory is the women can leave you at anytime but your tractor is always there.Its love is unconditional

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 28, 2009 02:36AM
on the other hand there are men out there that can't see when they have something good right in front of them.
love them unconditionally, tractor and all. willing to give up their lives to be there for that man when needed.
some men go deaf from the tractor's power, others go blind. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 28, 2009 03:21AM
That is not quite all that funny....One thing I would give up or take back is the night that Younger JW lost the sight in his eye all because of pulling. He has adapted well, but I question whether these 26 years of the bonding time has been worth it sometimes. JW

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? March 28, 2009 03:39AM
sorry to hear about younger JW. pulling can be a very dangerous sport. it always worries me when there are young kids
right up against the fence, with not much between them and the amount horsepower rolling down the track.
i should be more careful with my choice of words.

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? April 01, 2009 10:21AM
Well, I am the ex-wife of a tractor puller. And I think that obviously a persons marriage is already in trouble if tractor pulling is a reason to divorce. I mean, maybe tractor pulling was just a small factor and there was a much bigger problem. I'm no therapist, but I believe that if your wife truly loved you like a woman should love her husband, she would not have left you because of pulling. Maybe I am wrong. Hopefully things start to look up for you. There are lots of good women out there! You should just keep your chin up and know that life is too short to be down about anything! Keep a smile on your face and let the smoke roll! Good luck!

Re: What would you give up to pull tractors? July 14, 2009 03:51PM
I just wanted to thank everyone that gave their thoughts and "words of wisdom" after I made this post. I did my very best to keep a positive attitude about the whole divorce thing. And now that I have been pulling for a few months this season, my head has cleared and I realize that things happen for a reason. Life is great! And so are John Deere tractors!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms