Truck or dozer intake June 20, 2014 12:07AM
Im building a for a 466 ci 3x3 turbo p-pump 3000rpms class just wondering which intake be best rruck or dozer

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 20, 2014 12:08AM
Truck

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 21, 2014 12:59AM
By all means run what ever you want truck or dozer OH wait a minute hears a thought why not the manifold it came with !!!! What ever happened to the statement in the rule books of most every pulling club that it was supposed to be Ag manifolds again you run a red one you can do what you want and the deeres are no better with there marine intakes show me where any of these manifolds are on a tractor from the factory. Good luck yours truly Bill

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 24, 2014 12:48AM
Why don't you just cry about it, they are OEM parts and there is nothing wrong with using them. It's the same as Fords using trucks block and heads and the Minnie Moles using water pump engines. If you want to cry about stock parts only, you need to take your crying butt back to the little sandbox and play in the pure stock antique class.

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 24, 2014 12:07PM
I have a better idea why don't you figure out how to make your piece if sh.. oh I mean fine tractor run with ag application parts instead of thinking of ways to cheat!!!!
Bill

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 24, 2014 12:46PM
They will beat you and you will still cry

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 24, 2014 01:23PM
Really? He never said what class he was running or what the rules are, so how can you call it cheating? I haven't seen many 66 series farm tractors with a 466 with a 3x3 and a p-pump either, so maybe you can change the manifolds too. The guy asked an honest question, if you can't help, go away. Nobody wants to listen to you whine like a little girl. Oh by the way, I would say truck manifold.

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 24, 2014 01:41PM
It really dosent matter I know of Guys that have changed the tractors they have and only run them on the farm I know of guys running 360 bus motors on a 560 and also know of a guy that put the engine out of a 7720 combine in a 4020 gas tractor. Both of the examples are used on the farm, never been on a pulling track. I dont think a puller wanting to improve his tractor with a better manifold as cheating. I do see some crying on this thread but no cheating

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 25, 2014 06:40AM
you have to be kidding, complaining about intakes, the intake on his setup he described wouldnt make 10-20hp differance either way.... the dozer one is just alot stronger if you are going to put alot boost to it. 3 by 3 at 3000 rpms the truck one would hold up fine and be the way to go... and most rules on intakes say oem replacement..and the tractor,truck, and dozer all have IH part numbers

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 24, 2014 02:01PM
My tractor intake off dt436 has a whole lot bigger inlet than the truck did. Not unless you are talking about a different intake than I have.

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 25, 2014 02:45AM
Wow, I can't believe the guy on here getting all butt sore about truck or dozer manifolds. They are all OEM manifolds.

It's not like the guy said he bought a wipeout or hyper intake manifold.

He's trying some things that are OEM and more than likely aren't prohibited in
his rules. If it's a problem, which it's not, the organization needs

Give me a break!

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 25, 2014 03:08AM
If it was stock class i wouldn't of asked. Im thinking of joining south cental tractor in wis or pi motorsports in wis. It hot farm class n u can run water

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 25, 2014 05:27AM
Well, in all reality in our existing pulling world, there is no such thing as a stock class. So don't let the "Farm Stock" class name fool you.

People can call the class that, but there's been work to the pump, injectors, etc...Making it not a stock class. It is what it is.

I went to a pull several weeks ago and they had a "farm stock" class. Never seen a "farm stock" tractor blow smoke 40 foot in the air.

So if a class has rules in existence, they need to be specific with everything to make it black and white. Most rules say OEM style manifold. They don't specify just tractor manifold. Make it crystal clear if it's that big of a deal.

Re: Truck or dozer intake June 25, 2014 04:49PM
You're totally fine running either manifold in those two clubs. Which is better, I couldn't tell you. We haven't had the opportunity to try either setup on the dyno, however, most are running the dozer in there. I personally like it for durability and it is a bolted connection, just build your pipes and it isn't going anywhere, no tie downs, no hoses to deal with, just put it on and forget about it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM