Lorah's pulls in Pa. June 24, 2014 01:49PM
I see Lorah's pull is clamping down on the Enhanced class. Decker's 4440 out running everyone so they put him down on the results with a new column called exhibition . Now I guess next time Sherman will get the hit. Deckers is basically a pro farm any way isn't it? No body wants to be a hot stock!!! One would think they would rather run Hot stock and get some money vs. running exhibition and getting nothing. Didn't Dangler used to run hot stock?

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. June 24, 2014 11:11PM
Were you even there? Dale has two tractors, one in the enhanced class and the other in the hot class. He didn't even pull the hot tractor, loaded it back on the trailer. I suspect the track conditions had something to do with it. I saw one tractor after the next on the right track have issue keeping straight, the little hot stock Ford ended up sideways. Their lack of track preparation is showing in the attendance, I have yet to see them chisel plow the track and work it so the track is semi consistant. One track is a nice ride, but no hook, the other has some hook, but not the way you want it, little on the left, then on the right....

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. June 25, 2014 03:54AM
Lorahs has a great thing going, but what have they done for the puller to keep them coming back? Has the purse gotten any better? They should take lessons from Temple and DMP.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. June 26, 2014 08:40AM
Why didn't Dangler pull in the hot class with the hot tractor? There was only one in the class. I don't get some of these guys. They come to a pull and won't pull in the class they should be in which has a bigger purse. If a tractor has a cage, external fuel and or water pump of any kind etc. it is definitely not an enhanced tractor it is Hot. Yes there is a fine line but it can be enforced. If a tractor is beating everyone by 20' or more consistently that is Hot. This is the same issue at most all non sanctioned pulls. If there are rules then everyone should be made to abide by them- red, white, blue and green.
Lorah has a good thing going but they should have a non-pulling tech. check all tractors before the pull even starts. Put tractors in the right class or send them packing. Just my opinion.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 29, 2014 12:55PM
I'm have very little done to my tractor compared to others 404 cubes factory rebuild 7 years ago and a fuel pump its a good runner for what it is.anyone is welcome to tech it at any time I have nothing to hide.not even my name.I'll be there next Sunday, if I had a tractor that was putting 20 ft on every one I would step up a class I like to see inches separating not feet, and I Will spend some money when I have the time to do the work.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. June 25, 2014 12:53PM
Your right, the Lora's do have a good thing going.......so far........problem is somebody is going to get killed if they don't get that track straightened out! A few years ago we saw a case tractor flip over there, now almost a light ford. And many many more scary rides. We all love tractor pulling and going fast, but going fast outta control is no fun for anyone. I hope the Lorahs will read this thread and not get offended at all. I do not mean it in that way at all, but please let's tighten that track up before life or property gets damaged....thanks

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. June 27, 2014 01:18PM
anybody tell me if Snyder still has the ford tractor

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 22, 2014 01:19PM
no, Snyder doesn't have the ford. and the reason dangler didn't pull is because his T/A in the black stallion wasn't functioning properly. another thing, I was riding in the sled when that ford pulled, you wanna talk about a scary ride... lol. but they do need to do some more track maintenence

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 23, 2014 12:24AM
anybody know the whereabouts of the "Blue Mule" ford

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 26, 2014 08:20AM
Blue Mule is in new york

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 26, 2014 11:06PM
When did this happen? Was residing near Walnutport Pa. Saw it run this summer at Lorah's, believe it had a single turbo on it.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 23, 2014 01:02PM
Clearing things up, Decker was pulling in Enhanced with water injection, he was caught CHEATING!!!! Both of Danglers tractors meet rules, and have all safety equipment in place for each tractors respective pulls....white tractor is in enhanced, roll cage is for safety--doesn't make it faster....black tractor is in hot class. Both tractors meet requirements and safety guidelines for New Penn Jerseys rules also. It would be nice if Lorah's had a tech at their next pull to truly see how many people are actually over the 3000 rpm limit for farm stock and enhanced and go by the rules! I'm sure a lot of people would be signed up to pull in a class they shouldn't be in. I heard the reason the black one was loaded, was because the T/A was broken.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 29, 2014 02:38PM
1.Remember this is a brush pull.
2.I really like Lorah's and have pulled there a few times.
3.I have brush pulled for 25 years and have only been truly tech'ed 3x. Passed all 3.
4.I have pulled in New York state and Pa. and it seems about all the Pa. tracks I have pulled at have had a lot of issues.
5.I have been a part of some of those issues.
6.The problem I had was if I pulled at track A I might have gotten 1st place but at track B I might have been in the bottom 1/2 of the class and track C the same. Problem was I always had a 1st or 2nd at track A because my tractor hooked the best there. Instead of track A being happy I come and do well at their track their mad because I keep beating the local guy or their buddy or what ever. Bottom line is they don't really know pulling.
7.I have also been on the flip side trying to run a pull as fair as possible and have had people threaten me with pipe wrenches and other bodily harm.
8.Tech inspections will only work if you tech every single tractor. If you miss one you will wish you had not done any of them.
9.I have put a lot of time, effort and thought into how to make a brush pull a straight up fair pull for every single tractor and have come to the conclusion that unless you are God himself you can't.
10.My personal solution is to build a tractor that will fit every rule of a sanctioned pulling organization and or pull an open class.
We get so serious about a few bucks that won't even pay for the fuel to get to the pull and maybe a trophy and that's if your lucky.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 27, 2014 12:05PM
In have been pulling at lorahs for the last couple years they are great people we enjoy pulling there.we pull farm stock pace I prefer open speed limit so I pulled enhanced a couple times, but clearly a donation hook.they have done some work to the track it was hooking great for the last pull they had. Hot should be hot period white or black we need a low budget enhanced class I guess

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 28, 2014 07:39AM
I think u should spend more money because it looks like you are winning the farm stock class. Maybe your like decker and don't want to to step up to the next class(Brian). If they had a tech this stuff wouldn't be going on.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 27, 2014 04:08PM
Idnt have alot of $ to spead in a year on a tractor but BIG? How many guys run coolers in the ntpa uknw this hook here that hook their!
Theirs alot of brush pulls that follow ntpa superfarm rules that would be helped just speading $500 on a innercooler
and $500 a slotted cover stay with the damn 3/3 then but why not the cooler and the slotted cover???? Uknw in are association
when the big rollers come to town how in the heck do you knw their not already doing it! Oh them dumb ass clowns are never gonna check! And dont dont tell me the crowd wont see or be able to tell! You cant tell when a tractor gains 300hp come on people! I have a $60k sf but I open for change!!!!! 300hp for a grand are you guys nuts to not want this or wht! Probably a small cube guy crying if I was a small cube guy id be for it why not! WHY NOT IS THE?

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 29, 2014 01:27PM
My tractor is not what some might think 404 cubes not one more if any one has any questions I have nothing to hide.all I was saying is I like open speed limit when I get to an enhanced level that's where I'll be I'm not looking to start trouble just my opinions my tractor ids open to be teched any time

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 30, 2014 08:24AM
I enjoy goin to Lorahs pulls!!!!! They have a good thing goin on ther! need to up the payback a smidge it cost a lot in petro for a two hour jolt to get ther. BUT they are goin to lose it if they don't enforce what ther rules say.I personaly think they can solve a lot of BS by makin turbo and non turbo classes. Ive seen a lot Ms and majors hense NON-TURBO and all that other white meat lol beat 4010s and 20s in 7500 9000 and 9500 let the turbos pull turbo classes and naturaly aspirated pull naturaly aspirated 14.7 atmospheric pressure!

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. September 11, 2014 07:23AM
I was at the last pull on sunday. They NEED to enforce those rules more for the pace classes. I ran against 4 tractors that had 100+ horsepower and the one M had 200, which was originally Henry Evermans. Im running a pretty much stock tractor against them. The one minni mol was running 18.4r 38's in the 6500, which is bs. Im not trying to start stuff, but they need to start enforcing.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 30, 2014 01:57PM
That sounds like a great idea turbo and non. Pay backs too.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 31, 2014 12:15PM
Well from what i see turbo tractors run Enhanced or Hot stock, seldom do you see a turbo tractor at that weight running the pace or farm stock classes if they do its there poragative....most times at pace you will see a naturally aspirated tractor take the class...if you dont want to pull with turbocharged tractors just dont pull the class they are in. If you want to go fast put a turbo on and run enhanced or hot stock. I do agree on the payback but its based on a percentage of how many tractors enter the class. Honestly id rather they give out the 5 dollar trophy atleast then youve got a good dust collector, lets face facts here theres nothing about pulling thats a money making venture. 20 or 30 pay out to me is a slap in the face spend the 20 bucks and go with trophys and no payout. It is expensive dont get me wrong we all know that but really wheres the 20 30 bucks get u.....there just isnt the numbers in attendace to hand out 2 or 3 hundred dollar pay outs......just my 2 cents not looking to start a color war here

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 31, 2014 12:50PM
I'm always happy with a trophy my son puts them in his room we have a few. I have a turbo manifold and piping I'd love to put a turbo on but a few other places I pull don't allow non factory turbos I may do it anyhow. What would be a good turbo for 404cid Deere I have plenty off fuel.

Re: Lorah's pulls in Pa. August 31, 2014 02:29PM
Some people think pretty highly of one of those 3lms....some say hx55s i dont know id say give one a shot maybe......

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,770, Posts: 229,937, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009