NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm June 25, 2014 04:58PM
On July 3rd The Nebraska Bush Pullers Inc. are holding a sanctioned event at the 118th annual Diller Picnic on the south end of town. This event is having 6 classes, Super Farm, Light Super Stock, Modifieds, 4.1 Limited pros, Unlimited Super Stock, and Diesel Pickups. This pull will have a meal for the pullers from 5:00 to 6:30?, and also has EXTRA PURSE MONEY. Hope to see you there! Thanks Darin

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm June 27, 2014 04:20PM
Rain great for crops in my area, unfortunate for some pulls. As of right now weather looks good for next Thursday night, hope it stays that way, will post if something changes. Thanks Darin

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm June 29, 2014 03:26AM
Thanks for the update Darin!! Looking forward to Thursday in Diller!!

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 01, 2014 04:01PM
Forecast looks fantastic! High near 80 with light wind, haven't seen one like that for a while. Hope to see you there. Thanks Darin

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 02:47AM
I would like to give a big THANK YOU to everybody that helped with the pull last night from track prep too set up too all the pullers who came for a great show. Also thanks to all that came to watch the pull, that's why we do it. Thank you! Darin

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 06:37AM
Thanks for everything Darin. You had one of the best tracks I have ever pulled on.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 06, 2014 03:04AM
Didn't the superfarm rules get voted on at the meeting, and then changed afterwards?

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 07:04AM
I enjoyed the pull last night also. Saw a lot of old friends and enjoyed the show. My kids enjoyed talking with the pullers, getting pictures and of course the book. The Nebraska Bush Pullers are a classy group of guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 07:07AM by justaspectator.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 11:41AM
From my stand point I was disapointed with the pull. There was 3 of us that got off work late and went to Diller because we didn't have time to get to the Outlaw pull in David City. You can pat yourself on the back and each other on here about how good the track was and seeing old friends and anything else, but only 24 total hooks is terrible. I think only 3 super farms, 5 light supers, 3 diesel pickups and 6 unlimited supers and some of them were class jumpers. Biggest class was about 7 of the little mods. Some of our group made it up to David City and said there were over 50 Outlaw hooks and the big screen not to mention the other tractor classes that started earlier in the day. Just my two cents worth, but next year I know we are going north to David City, even if late will get more to watch.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 12:29PM
With each event having 6 classes there is no comparision between outlaws and Nebraska bush. Outlaws had twice the vehicles plus big screen. Highlight of bush pull was the two temptation tractors that won by 70 feet over the 3rd place tractor. Only 1 of the 3 super farm tractors ran and won by 150 feet. Of 5 light supers only 3 ran. Just 3 trucks total. Best class they had was mod class with 7. Bush needs to look hard about their future and make up with outlaws or no promoter is going to book them. Very disappointed in pull.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 12:58PM
NO 4.1 LIMITED PROS, repeat NO 4.1 LIMITED PROS!!!!. Both the bush website and whoever started this thread advertised them and that is my favorite class that bush has and there were 0. TOTAL OF 24 HOOKS IN 6 CLASSES FOR AN AVERAGE OF 4. Pretty sad what has become of Nebraska Bush. My last pull with bush, to many other good associations to go watch than what I saw yesterday.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 03:35PM
what did david city charge to get in.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 02:26AM
How many light supers did outlaws have this weekend?

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 02:35AM
Only a handful of light supers. and a handful of Unlimited Supers.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 29, 2014 01:20PM
Do you no the light super sock rules for Ne Bush Pullers

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 29, 2014 03:48PM
If you want the rules for the light supers, look at NBPI on the links page, see the rules or give President Po a call. Thanks Darin

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 01:26AM
Not a big surprise. Bush pulls struggle to get numbers when they are (1) on the same day as Outlaw hooks, (Cool in the southern Neb, and third, during the work week. This pull had all three. This is based on history from following pulling results and going to pulls. Plus, there just aren't as many superfarms as there used to be and there have never been a lot of USS or LPS tractors. Both organizations are relying on basically hot farm tractors or light limited pros to boost numbers of vehicles.

This is nothing new. There used to be class jumping in the Outlaws-- pro stocks would jump in with super stocks and superfarms with pro stocks. The Bush pullers used to have everyone hook twice. I think the Bush pulls are better now, it's just that historically, they've always had lower numbers on some nights. Other times, there pulls are as good as anybody and I've been everywhere.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 02:33AM
This shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. Diller has never had the best turnout. Even when they didn't run on top of an outlaw hook.

David City was $10 to get in.

TOP GUN was in the results for Super Farm, but thats a Limited Pro. So I don't know what the deal was there.

Agree with Pllnfn, Bush is hit or miss. They do have quite a few pulls during the week that I don't think helps them.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 05:03PM
I personally would like to thank everyone involved with the tractor pull in Diller last night.
Darin, Diller Picnic Committee, Pullers, Staff, Volunteers, and all others involved, we would
like to say thank you so much for the extra money, facilities, meal, and hospitality from everyone!!

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 05:01AM
Here is something that haters of both sides need to understand but mostly outlaws. NOT ALL THESE LITTLE TOWNS CAN AFFORD TO HAVE OUTLAWS COME TO TOWN AND EXPENSE THEM TO DEATH. Plus IF nebr bush wasn't around outlaws could not absorb 20 or so more pulling events . So there is actually room for both organizations no matter what the haters say. Yes there are guys that pull both groups ..... It happens. Bad deal when they are booked for the same day because that hurts the SPECTATOR and that's why there are these events. Nobody has the perfect show to suit EVERYONE. Like it was said .... Life is full of disappointments . Guys will pull where and who with they want It is a free country (for now anyway) There are a few bush tractors that haven't made it out yet for various reason I hear. That kinda bites because they will add to the show but it's their deal. Hope to see all out soon and hammer down fellas!!

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 06:56AM
From a promoters stand point and we have had both outlaws and bush, the promoters and fans both want vehicles. Period!!! When you have that many classes and not many in the class like bush has had the last few years you end up paying a lot of purse for not very many vehicles. We can take less outlaw classes that have more vehicles and that pays more places and the pull cost less than bush and the fans and our sponsors are happy because we have more vehicles and quite frankly a lot better pull. These little fairs and promoters are figuring that out and that is why more are going with outlaws. A while back on this forum was a Outlaw letter posted by someone where outlaws was trying to work with bush and together they would have made it great for the promoters, sponsors and fans in Nebraska. It is a shame that for whatever reason that Outlaws and bush is not together because what bush is doing now is not working. In reality bush only has about 12 events left now that has the basic 6 classes, plus I think they have added some kind of 3000 class for filler, and Outlaws schedule is full and cant take on anymore events , but if someone could post that letter again you would see how outlaws is not wanting the pulls, but instead working with bush and not running the same classes against each other on the same weekend.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 03:13PM
Yet another outlaw puller has start crap again.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 04, 2014 04:49PM
So how is it outlaws fault that the bush pull sucked.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 02:33AM
I don't see anywhere on this post, that Nebraska Bush Pullers blamed the outlaws for the low numbers of tractors. I stand by my comment that I had a good time and so did my children. I stand by my statement that the Bush Pullers are classy guys. Thats my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Life is full of disappointments.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 05, 2014 07:24AM
First of all i would like to thank the Diller picnic board. You had an excellent track and the hospitality. Was greatly appreciated. I get sick of seeing this trash talking on the internet by nameless finger pointers. I am happy that the show in David City was a sucsess. Good luck to everyone this year no matter who you pull with. Brian Fuhr.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 06, 2014 02:12AM
Ok, I've had about enough of the bullsh-t. I hope you know if you don't thank everyone involved in an event like this they won't be back to help or sponsor it or come back. In a small town of 260 people, it's not easy. Because a puller says they liked the pull or track, I doubt they are saying it just to be nice, they were there and done it! Having 2 pulls on the same nite doesn't help anybody. What bothers me is that during a pull there are people still coming in the gate half way through the pull and then can bitch how bad it was. Get your ducks in a row or come too a pull when you can be on time. What we need in Ne Bush is have pullers come to the pulls. We have made rules to start classes and put in rules in Super Farm and Limited Pro at meetings by voting on them and don't have many pullers backing up there have to be rules. If there is a problem with something, call a class rep. or the president and lets deal with it. We have a great org. that has had a great history in the pulling world and plan to keep that going. Thanks Darin

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 06, 2014 02:06PM
You know it is bad when they show up half way through the pull as that means they only saw 10 to 12 hooks and then you wonder why they are mad that they paid admission for that. A pull in the middle of a work week has a lot of spectators showing up late. What gets me is all these pullers and promoters have left bush because bush is no longer working with and running the same rules as outlaws. The bush pullers (mainly ex bush pullers now) wanted to run with both associations but have no say in it at the meetings. Everyone knows that and yet a few officers of the bush association either do not like outlaws or roberts and want to do otherwise and now you see the outcome. With outlaws having to many pulls and turning down a lot of pulls, bush could have a lot more pulls at better places, better money, better turn out of vehicles working with outlaws, but no a few bush officers like that ppl money, that only the few get and are running the association in the ground.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 06, 2014 04:07PM
Post your name if you've got all the answers. Probably got lots of ideas and no tractor. Most outlaw supporters in nebraska mouths run way better than their iron.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 06, 2014 04:05PM
Please chose your words carefully. It's easy to get worked up when defending your hometown turf.

As I read you latest comments, hoping you are more frustrated with fellow pullers that didn't show instead of some spectators that were over charged and underdelivered. This isn't or shouldn't be about the spectators as you and the Bush group were very lucky with the amount of people that showed up, which were very supportive during the pull. You shouldn't be alarmed with the number of spectators that read this board on a regular basis.

Couple of other thoughts here:
1. Town of 260 has nothing to do with this as you again were over blessed with supporters/sponsors.
2. Call the turnout of pullers for what it is, and be estatic a couple of major names showed up because it's close to home and they run PPL.
3. Step back and re-evaluate the goals and future of the organization
4. I know the announcer is a friend of board members, but unfortunately, there are several (most) spectators that know more than he does.
5. Great times with Family and Friends --- this is debatable as we brought both and could have had just as much fun in the shop talking and sharing a few beverages without the cover charge.
6. What is the PPL western series ?? Was this part of that ?? Who from PPL decides that and are there expected results that must be met ?

Typically, we are unable to attend this event due to wheat harvest ---so this was our first and potentially last trip to this specific event.

Realize it's relatively easy to be negative so, some reflections on the positives:
1. Awesome, and probably perfect weather
2. Very nice facility (parking, seating & track)
3. Friendly staff and good food
4. Home in time for news and weather

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 07, 2014 04:44AM
It was a great pull , they moved through it quickly with a perfect track , an excellent group of professional pullers pulled their , plus a test run by a championship tour unlimited super stock we do not get to normally see run in this part of the country that alone was worth the price of admission , the food was great and the weather was perfect , parking was no problem , it was the perfect show good power and we were able to get home at a decent time

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 07, 2014 09:13AM
I don't know why people have to be so dramatic. I think it would be a mistake to stop going to a pull just because there isn't a great turnout of vehicles. Good gosh, Nebraska Tractor Pullers, Outlaws, Nebraska Power Pullers, Bush, Region 5 NTPA... who doesn't have trouble with lower numbers at pulls sometimes?

Personally, I believe that watching the Haugs pull their tractors once down the track is worth the price of admission right there. Same thing watching Novinger. Granted, that's just my opinion. There are some big name pullers who aren't out yet. Things will get better, but if people expect Bush to have 50 hooks or more... that's only going to happen at certain pulls. Wayne, West Point, maybe a few others.

As for the earlier comments on the Bush announcer, I had to laugh about that. If they're talking about Pillard, he's a great story teller but he doesn't keep up to date on anything.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 07, 2014 09:33AM
Sugar coat it any way you want, but the pull sucked!!! If you think you got your moneys worth seeing the 2 cases pull come to Wisner and you will get to see them plus about 150 more vehicles for less than twice the admission.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 07, 2014 01:17PM
Wow Wisner is it? It's the crown jewel? It's all that's happening with outlaws? Yep you have been drinkin the koolaid haven't you lol you act like every little town HAS to put on a show like Wisner for you to be happy I would hate to see what that bill really is at the end of Wisner You know ..... The money that goes into Doug's pocket and NOT back to the guys who have money invested in that whole production. I personally know several people who bought "stocks" into that show expecting a payback and it will NEVER happen . Plus the jumbo tron you seem to love so much was financed by those guys in Wisner as well. Good luck getting that money back. And I wonder if all the pullers that were owed prize money got all they were entitled to? By the way ...... Saying Bush is the odd man out with rules you couldn't be further from the truth. Outlaws have the rules that match NO ONE ELSE. That's how he keeps his kids in his sandbox. Have another glass of koolaid bud Doug will keep stirring it for ya

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 08, 2014 01:31AM
I don't attend the Wisner pull anymore. I don't care for the ticket price, but yes, like I said, each organization has pulls that are better attended than others.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 08, 2014 02:29AM
You pay $10 for 24 hooks on 1 track at Diller but wont pay $20 for 150 hooks on 2 tracks at Wisner. Wow!!!! Too each there own.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 08, 2014 06:23AM
I believe the price in Diller was $7.00.

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 08, 2014 07:14AM
As a few others have mentioned, I would like to also personally thank everyone involved with the tractor pull in Diller. Track was in good shape, extra money was great, facilities and pit area weren't a problem at all. The meal was nice as well. Hope to pull there again next year! Jesse

Re: NE Bush Pullers, Diller, NE July 3rd @ 7:00pm July 29, 2014 01:57PM
If anymore wants to debate over Bush and Outlaws I created a thread for you to do so.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009