LLSS ...looking to build one... June 26, 2014 03:46AM
I'm looking to build a LLSS. Either red or blue. Was looking to chat with someone about the class. I was thinking about Alky instead of diesel. I want to build it right the first time.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 26, 2014 04:04AM
Take a look on for sale. Covered In Red is for sale. From what I have seen it is one of the stronger running tractors in the KY groups and it has performed well indoors.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 26, 2014 05:59AM
I know Covered In Red is for sale. I even seen it run, runs great. I hate to bother the guy...

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 26, 2014 07:15AM
Best way to get info is to go right to the source. If they say this is a good tractor with a good reputation Im willing to bet the owner is also willing to talk with you if your serious about building or buying. He may even give you enough detail to sway you from building your own to buying or make you a deal you cant walk away from, save you a ton of headaches and you hit the ground running.

I used to be involved years ago and if I was to get back in again I'd be hard pressed to start from scratch if I could find a unit for sale that was built right and competitive. You can always add your own personal touches later and tweak to your desires. And its likely way less exspensive overall....

Just my .02cents.....*For the record I have no vested interest in the tractor for sale in anyway shape or form, just a lover of the sport who misses it very much.

BigRed712

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 26, 2014 01:39PM
Buy cheaper than build it yourself ask anyone. Takes a lot of time and always waiting on parts to be made.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 12:00AM
If you have any mechanical abilities at all and are not in a hurry to get to the track tomorrow, it is much cheaper to build than buy.

I means sure, if you have to have someone do all the work for you then you are much better off to just buy one, but if you can make some parts yourself an watch for deals on other parts, then you are going to be money ahead to just build it yourself. You will not be able to touch that tractor for less than probably 35,000-40,000 dollars, yet if you have any abilities at all and patience to watch for parts then you could build it for under 20,000, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you built it yourself.

Now I am also not saying that just anyone could build one for less than 20,000 and beat that tractor right away, but for half the money you could get there over time and learn more from it than just buying someone else's tractor. And if you need to win right away then you should just get your check book out and go to a pull and follow the winner to his trailer with a signed blank check.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 01:30AM
35,000 to 40,000 ,your funny,please don't insult Jeff,you apparently haven't looked very close at this tractor or the professional build that it is,and apparently have never built one,add about 20,000 to your 40,000 and you'll be close.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 01:43PM
Pretty don't tree a coon or pull a sled .My wife can go get a professional done make over and look hot until the make up wears off whats that tractor ever done looks good but aint ever beat nobody

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 28, 2014 04:57AM
Saw him put 18 ft on sipes once

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 02:31AM
I'm not in a hurry first off. I'm thinking of selling my light pro and go to a LLSS. So an Alky is the way to go?

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 01:06PM
What kind of light pro do you have?

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 01:20PM
What brand, engine , there are a few strong outdoors diesels but alky is usually the way to go. Call me if your looking to build alky. We run the Family Driven (270) 668-9288

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 02:03PM
Alky seems to be an easier, cheaper way to make good power. I am not convinced that a diesel won't work well tho. You'll have to have an inside track on some information and parts tho. The Covered in Red tractor would be a great purchase as the chassis is from a very successful Light SS and the motor makes very good power. I wouldn't advise you to go one way or another in this class as there so many combinations that haven't been tried yet and that could be developed. Nobody ever imagined the Super Farm class could have evolved to make the power it is, but those guys are really scratching to find more every year. I'm working on a combination that shouldn't draw much attention, but the spin I'm trying to put on it should get it a lot closer to the front (I'm hoping) than most might think. The main thing that drew me to this class is that so many guys are approaching the class this way and doing their own thing. Beyond that, its a drivers class and even if you don't have the most power, the best setup tractor and job of driving are usually going to win. Being on the 3 to 4 year plan takes dedication, but it'll be awfully rewarding getting to the track and finding out if I'm right. Also, if you go to many pulls, you'll find out the large majority of guys in this class are pretty easy to talk to and would be glad to offer help to get you on the track.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 11:54AM
Hey Really by the time take 3 to 4 years to build your cheaper tractor would be out dated.

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 12:40AM
Really is wrong the parts alone will cost more than what you can buy most tractors that are already together will cost

Re: LLSS ...looking to build one... June 27, 2014 02:16AM
Not to mention, a year mabey two, trying to get the thing to run. When you build it yourself, their not going to tell you everything, you trial and error alot of stuff.

The cost of building depends on whether you want to be in front or back of the pack! June 27, 2014 05:35AM
This seems to be one of the most popular growing classes. You can take a light trailer and truck and pull light class and make good hp. seems like fairs are buying up shows with these tractors in it, due to the lower purse, although they still pay decent. But doesnt matter never getting the money back, We have many combinations that will get you going, We have run pulling tractors for years and beat many of the money tractors. It's the total combination that makes the tractor.
For any help or parts call 570 637 1311 Floyd Isbell

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM