Mound City Pull June 29, 2014 01:36PM
Great show had 113 hooks in just over 4.5 hours on Saturday
extreme bite track for tractors
Wounderful place to pull

Re: Mound City Pull June 29, 2014 02:08PM
It was a great pull with a lot of QUALITY IRON there. Thanks to the Mound City group for all the hard work putting this show on!!

Re: Mound City Pull June 29, 2014 03:28PM
Chris and the guys from the mound city rural fire department and everyone that was involved in put thing this pull together did amazing! This pull has came so far in only 4 years! I know this is going to continue to grow. And to all the outlaw boys that were thinking the western series was going to be a big flop. There were 26 4.1s I know for sure a ton of the 85 limited pros and another great group of 2.6 trucks and we're just getting started in our first year. Keep up the great work over there in mound city! Can't wait for next year already

Re: Mound City Pull June 29, 2014 04:03PM
You were doing a good spill about the pull in Mound City, then you had to bring Outlaws into it. Having one pull in the heart of pulling country on I-29 does not make a Western series a huge success.

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 01:47AM
outlaw puller
You were doing a good spill about the pull in Mound City, then you had to bring Outlaws into it. Having one pull in the heart of pulling country on I-29 does not make a Western series a huge success.
Excuse me, that was #2. Fayette was a big success also.

Re: Mound City Pull June 29, 2014 04:25PM
You know I go to several pulls around the country and none of them are ppl pulls for one simple reason, I'm sure they are great shows with great equipment but the people that come on here and spout off about his great it is and trash talk other organizations and the pullers that compete in them just turns me off, if it's any indication of the type of people I'll find at a ppl pull I'll stay home, a sport without sportsmanship and class is not a sport at all.

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 05:28AM
Team one
You know I go to several pulls around the country and none of them are ppl pulls for one simple reason, I'm sure they are great shows with great equipment but the people that come on here and spout off about his great it is and trash talk other organizations and the pullers that compete in them just turns me off, if it's any indication of the type of people I'll find at a ppl pull I'll stay home, a sport without sportsmanship and class is not a sport at all.

You know, I used to like attending outlaw pulls until Mr. Roberts went and made up rules in the 4.1 class that banned us for really no good reason. Honestly its up to you to choose which associations to follow but the people I've found with the PPL are the best bunch of people I've ever met.

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 07:31AM
How can you be Outlawed when you never hooked with them before the rule was put in place.

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 12:09PM
outlaw puller
How can you be Outlawed when you never hooked with them before the rule was put in place.

You tell me.. Stupid right?

Re: Mound City Pull June 29, 2014 03:29PM
Who won the Western Series LSS class and who was there?

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 01:06AM
I heard paid attendance was over 5000. True?

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 01:09AM
I guess I failed to see the trash talking but it isn't any different than what you see from fans of ntpa, outlaws, etc. You've just chosen your side of the fence. I've met some great people in all of the orgs, most of which are as good a person as you would ever want to meet. So don't blanket label anybody you don't know and thank your stars your fellow fans don't have the same opinion as you

STOP.....It's not a competition between associations June 30, 2014 02:31AM
As pullers, fans, promoters, we are all in this together. Stop with the competition between associations or pulls, this is about promoting the sport we love and need to get it back to the glory days of huge crowds like the 80's. We need more fans in the stands, so we can get more sponsors and get a better payback to the pullers that put on the show. I know the short sided thinking of the bashing between clubs will never stop, but it should. You pump up a good pull so when people hear about it next year, they have a better chance of going. I pull Badger State cause it's close to home, but we would travel to more pulls if the rules were identical. It is a lot of fun, quit fighting and start working together. There are enough good pullers out there to fill the associations.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: STOP.....It's not a competition between associations June 30, 2014 06:03AM
EXACTLY JASON! I think the one biggest issues between all the different assocs in pulling, especially in the local levels is they cannot get togther and get some basic rules "Canned" so if a person wants to run multiple assoc events their tractor/truck can meet rules that allow them to freely float between them and compete. I think its absoutley dumb that the guy trying to run in the "Less exspensive" classes cant find more pulls because one assoc says stock cubes and 3in turbo and 3000rpm and the next says 600 cubes, water ok, no rpm but consideres it a same class etc. Why cant these guys all sit down and hammer out basic canned rules at least for the classes of "Hot Farm/Hobby Farm/Improved farm/Super Farm"and Diesel Trucks" and so on. Whats the problem with a canned set of 466 cubes, 3 in turbo (even if it has to be a "Boxed" turbo), no water, 3000 rpm, no speed limit. But have it be the same at all the assocs give it a name "Improved Farm" or "Hobby Farm" or whatever and go forward. All these small assoc with slight differences in rules from one to the next only make it harder for the local guy on a limited budget to ue able to find hooks. And its frustrating to have a local pull and have an assoc your not part of put it on and you cant compete becaase your rules are different and your not allowed unless you jump up a class or two.

Overall it is about getting people in the stands and tractors at the show. I know locally there are 2-3 small assocs running events in Northeast and East Central Wis and none of them have rules that would allow a guy to float between assoc classes and be competitive in the exact same pull class. To me thats just stupid and short sighted. We used to run a WTPA and Badger State Pro-Stock in the mid 80s to early 90s, we routinely had to enter SS classes because that event didnt offer a ProStock event, but if you wanted to get a hook that was the only way to get it. Nowadays theres plenty of events, multiple assocs but the money is totally out of hand now. So keeping the lower level local guys interested the best way it can happen is if the small assocs sit togther and do whats best for the BIG PICTURE, pulling....To me it starts with a set of strictly canned rules for classes that allow pullers to freely mix assoc affliation events they can easily attend and comepete at and for those looking to get a lot of hooks they can travel far and wide and not worry about a different set of rules someplace new they go to.

I know theres more to it than this but it has to start someplace......Just my .02 cents.

BigRed712

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 11:56AM
I don't mean to blanket label anyone, the trash talking between ppl and other organizations started long ago and it's too bad it happens as I said I'm sure they are great events with great equipment and great people but there are certain comments and people that leave a bad taste for ppl, I'm not sure it's good publicity for anyone but what do you do? I'm sure all organizations have strong and weak points but we should be focusing on the good things as Jason said, we are lucky to see any pulling at all so enjoy it and watch what you want to watch just remember everyone is working hard to make these shows happen.

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 03:51AM
The Mound City fire department and the pull committee did a great job! The attendance on Friday was a great crowd and on Saturday was way more than I expected. I figured there was over 4500 on Saturday night alone and about 2500 on Friday. This is merely an estimate from the announcers stand. It was a great show both nights. I really am impressed with the improvements that they made in the pit areas and the parking for the fans. I can see some great improvements coming for next year.
They had 17 10pro on both nights, 20 mod 4x4 both nights, 26 4.1 limited pros on Saturday, 5 light super, 13 2.6 diesel pickups (both nights), 11 8500 (Friday) 13 8500 (sat), 10 mods, 3 open combo class. The crowd got to see some great competition both nights as all classes were very tight in how they finished. Thanks also needs to be sent out to the ladies for serving the pullers meal on Saturday and to the guys who were cooking the pork steaks. It was all good. Thanks again and will see you next year. Chris Kurpgeweit

Results? June 30, 2014 05:27AM
I was just curious what the complete results were in the 4.1 and 8500? I cant seem to find them on PPL's website. All I can find is the Champions tour results, unless I'm just missing them?

Re: Results? June 30, 2014 05:40AM
Rodney Crum was there. They should be on Powerandnoisephoto.com. Bryan Lively was there too so he might have some results up too. Rich Johnson on Shagnasty took the win in the 8500 class Saturday night and Doug Ruth on Ruthless won the 4.1 class. Friday results in the 8500 I don't have. I think Chiefs Hooker won but don't quote me on that.

Re: Results? June 30, 2014 05:48AM
I know Rodney Crum has them at www.powerandnoisephoto.com

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Results? June 30, 2014 07:31AM
Thanks Guys!

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 01:11PM
I've always wondered how much $ the top 3 in each class get at a pull like this?? Pro Stocks, 4.1 lim pro, and 466 lim pro

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 02:41PM
Excuse me outlaw puller, I seem to recall a couple months back several outlaw groupies mouthing the crap out of the western series. Turnouts and results don't lie. Mr Lucas and the Pro Pulling League, keep up the great work.

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 02:56PM
I was able to make it Saturday but unable to attend Friday
Who won the 2.6 diesel class Friday night?

Re: Mound City Pull June 30, 2014 10:22PM
The Hill brothers won 2.6 Friday night. All of the results from both nighs are on the link above.

Re: Mound City Pull July 01, 2014 12:15AM
Thanks. Are the Hill Brothers new to the sport?
Haven't really seen them at any pulls

Re: Mound City Pull July 01, 2014 03:11AM
Depends what is considered new I guess. They have been in KY a couple times this year, won at least one night at Platte City last year, and have been to quite a few pulls this summer already. Last year they pulled a green dodge that looks much like the grey one they have been pulling this year.

Re: Mound City Pull July 01, 2014 04:53AM
They've been pullin 2.6 for about a year an half. They got 2 2.6 trucks and a 466 P pump tractor the Toonerville Express that they all run together. Good guys

Re: Mound City Pull July 01, 2014 10:42AM
I wish we would have thought about jumping in the 8000 pound class they only had 3 entries and they pay 10 places that could have been some good fuel money that was not paid out.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,757, Posts: 229,914, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM