model 100 injection pump issue July 02, 2014 03:14PM
I have a 1993 dt360 in my 666. It has a 3lm special turbo with a 2.5 compressor wheel. The "A" pump was removed for a 10mm model 100. It was supposedly off of a 5288, but running the numbers on it, it comes back as being from a 4586 type of tractor. Either way- it fires right up and runs great for a while. Shortly there after- it will do different things. Blow noticable white smoke at idle, studder and die under fast acceleration, etc. The pump is timed at 19* btdc, and is fed with only one inline filter and the factory supply pump. The filter is not pressurized, as I ran my line from the tank through the filter base and into the supply pump. From the pump, I went directly to the head of the pump. I dont recall if I used a primary or a secondary filter. Do you guys think that I am starving my pump by gravity feeding it?

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 02, 2014 03:59PM
Yes..run line from tank to transfer pump then back to filter the out of filter to head with oem rubber line

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 02, 2014 09:09PM
I left the same injectors in the dt-360 when I converted it over from the factory A pump to rotary. Should I have them set at a lower cracking pressure as well? Perhaps I should build a new bracket and go back to the factory plumbing of the fuel feed system. Dont like the idea of feeding the supply pump unfiltered fuel.

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 12:36AM
I am not sure on injectors but i think there fine. I wouldnt be suprised if there are bosses in the bock for original base

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 01:08AM
There arent bosses for the tractor bases. I built the one bracket and only used one filter. I guess I'm a minimalist. Do my symptoms sound like fuel starvation to you? Sure seems like it to me. Any thoughts on head pressure? Importance of return line?

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 01:09AM
I really doubt your model 100 is off a 4586(DVT800), maybe a 4386. Anyhow, most all the pumps are the same hard parts, with some spring and shim differences on stock apps. I can never understand why guys think they need to re-invent the wheel when plumbing. For a 10mm, and even most 13's, the stock plumbing will work pretty well. And your injectors should be at the same opening pressure as would ones for an m100 pump, 3700 ish. The 360 probably has the smallest holes though. Use 466 injectors, or work your injectors over.

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 01:37AM
I pulled these injectors out, and the numbers and markings were identical to the set in my 468. Would they still be sized differently. I believe you to be correct about the 4386. My error working off of memory.

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 01:56AM
numbers on the body may be the same, but a letter code up by the return will be stamped in, this will indicate specific tip, and application. All the 300-400 series injectors are basically the same body, although early ones say american bosch, or united technologies, where later like yours should say stanadyne. Stanadyne bought the ambac nozzle factory in italy years ago. They still label parts for both companies though.

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 02:01AM
Thanks Injpumped. Good info. The letters were the same on both sets as well. Stanadyne make, and all identical. My tractor was originally a gas, so the pump plumbing has beed done with bits and pieces around the shop. What do you recommend for head pressure? The small hole in the return fitting is just fine?

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 03:00AM
stock return orifice is fine. stock tp pressures run in the 60-80 psi range. should be plenty. the main importance is maintaining pressure. This indicated adequate volume.

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 03, 2014 03:50PM
I am running a 13mm Model 100 pump on my 312ci 666. I did eliminate the stock lift pump and am using a FASS 12v to supply 60psi to the head.. has worked great for me going on 9 years now.

Re: model 100 injection pump issue July 05, 2014 12:55AM
You need to increase the fuel line id for sure, as in 2 , :1/2 inch lines feeding the pump so it always has adaquate supply, the 450 Rossa on my 180 has this and runs xcellent

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009