Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 04:08AM
Finishing up a hot farm 3LM DT466, and wanted some ideas on a boost gauge. I would like to monitor my boost pressure without having to keep my eyes fixed on the gauge as I go down the track. Therefore would like a setup with a recall function. I have found some online, but most only got to 30 psi or so. What are you guys who aren't running data loggers doing? Like for the gauge to go up 100psi.

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 04:21AM
It is kind of cheesy but works well. Take a cheap tire pressure gauge (the kind that the numbers slide from the bottom, without the spring return) take off the air chuck and attach it somewhere where the slide won't hit anything with a hose barb and a short piece of hose and a couple hose clamps. It's the cheapest most reliable way we have found on our supercharged engines.

Nick Paulson
Paulson Performance Machining
Ogden, Iowa
ppmengineering@live.com
(515) 491-4270
www.paulsonperformance.com
www.facebook.com/paulsonperformancemachining

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 04:21AM
Try The sensor connection, fair valley , or McMaster Carr. I use a the one from the sensor connection, needle gauge, no problems with it.

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 05:59AM
The not so cheap route is a go pro camera. The non HD is only $100. The HD crystal clear one that you can turn on with your phone is like $400. But this can show you everything. RPM, boost, temps, smoke, oil pressure and what is going on the track all at the same time. Things happen very fast on the track. You can see exactly what your are doing on the go pro. All the cool kids are doing it! lol Beer

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 06:38AM
Go online to McMaster Carr and search for max indicating pressure gauges. They are available in a wide variety of configurations. Only issue with these is it only tells you your max number, not when you achieved it though. They are somewhat helpful.

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 07:09AM
Autometer sells a kit to make your boost gauge a memory gauge. You can get it from jegs.

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 08:17AM
we use a compression test gauge thats splits off of our manifold that also runs our simspson water valve. simple

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 03, 2014 03:42PM
As mentioned before Autometer makes a check valve and release button setup that will record maximum pressure. Has worked great for me on 4 different tractors.

Re: Boost gauge with memory July 04, 2014 03:40AM
What i like best about the go pro is it records everything on the dash, what is happening on the on the track and you can see the smoke. Sometimes you can get a really big spike of boost when the motor loads and picks the front end. Even if you are making less power you can see big boost. Or if you have a high power setup and never hook up you will have low boost. Thats where the go pro really helps to dail in your motor. Just my thoughts. Beer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason