Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 04:26AM
The America's Pull committee wishes to thank the over 100 PPL pullers and the great fans that came to Henry last night. It was a great gathering with tough competition in all the classes. We regret that the Pro Stocks and Mod 4WD Trucks were rained out. PPL in our view did a great job. Congratulations to the Mini Rod Class on their inaugural pull with PPL! Fans loved them! We will lobby for the same 7 classes for 2015, it is a great mix for the fans. Next year, second Saturday night in July. Hope you can make it! Jerry Read

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 07:10AM
I would like to thank the committee for the great show it was some of the best pulling I have seen in a while The track crew did a perfect job they were quick and had a great pulling track for each puller. I was with some freinds and they all were impressed with the show. We would have loved to see the last 2 classes but I dont think anyone would have made a different call as to the weather. All I can say is thanks great job I will be back next year.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 10:48AM
I totally disagree on the track crew, I thought they where very slow and wasted at least 2 minutes extra on each hook, and what was the unhook guy doing video every hook when he should have been ready too unhook and keep the show moving. If the track crew had have taken off 1 minute per hook they would have gotten the show over before the rain. I watched one of the scrapper tractor guys run around half the night with the scrapper up. If you want to watch a good track crew go to Louisville or Gordyville. They never backup, watch all really fast and efficient track crews and they always move forward,,,never backwards. And don't give me " if you can do it better do it crap!

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 10:58AM
Not from my seat
I totally disagree on the track crew, I thought they where very slow and wasted at least 2 minutes extra on each hook, and what was the unhook guy doing video every hook when he should have been ready too unhook and keep the show moving. If the track crew had have taken off 1 minute per hook they would have gotten the show over before the rain. I watched one of the scrapper tractor guys run around half the night with the scrapper up. If you want to watch a good track crew go to Louisville or Gordyville. They never backup, watch all really fast and efficient track crews and they always move forward,,,never backwards. And don't give me " if you can do it better do it crap!
I totally disagree with you. You had the good fortune of watching some of the best hooks in pulling. These high horse machines are hard on a track. The track officials try to keep every pass as close as possible. PPL and Klint Tucker are the best at what they do in my humble opinion. The folks at Henry always have a great show.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 11:22AM
I have been at many shows over the years and the idea that the track is as close from puller to the next one of most important things and it looked damn good to me. Again I think it was a great job

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 12:54PM
I did not see any drag consistently off the ground, but maybe there was. Back filling holes before any tires run over the piled dirt and packing it keeps the track smoother after multiple passes. I know the Henry guys are all volunteers and many are first time operators or low on experience. They struggle to get people to run the equipment because of the occasional abuse they take from fans. Louisville and Gordyville are great indoor pulls in a controlled environment. You said not to question your ability or knowledge in your disparaging post. Being respectful back to you, contact the fair office at 309-364-2814 and offer to volunteer running a drag from about 4:00 in the afternoon until midnight at Henry's next event. You don't have to be a local resident to help out. If you want to volunteer directly to Mr. Read I am sure he would be pleased to hear from you.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 14, 2014 03:13AM
Run the crowd pleasing classes first. After you have people's $25 who cares who goes home early. 19 prostock tractors would have been a real treat ! Next year I will wait to see if the pull starts on time before I buy a ticket if there is pending weather. VERY GOOD on how decisions about the weather kept the crowd safe !

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 13, 2014 02:15PM
I too want to thank "Henry" for another great show. I greatly appreciated the weather communication on here from Jerry, which allowed us to properly plan and get our journey started. I fully understand honoring a person as I have numerous law enforcement and fire protection individuals in my family. With that being said, I believe it was close to 45 minutes after the start of the program before the first vehicle went down the track. Taking into consideration the impending weather coming in late that night, it would have been nice to see that portion of the show get started sooner. But I also know you cannot really do something like that without starting the show an hour sooner. Understood and I appreciate what the gentleman and his family have done for our country.

I felt the classes we got to see were great, very sorry the Pros did not get to go. I don't know about the slowness of the track crew because I feel they did a good job for each puller as referenced in the other posts. What I was disappointed with was the amount of time that was taken for the next vehicle to get to the sled after it was set at the start line. Far too many times, it was a minute or two after the track crew was done and the sled set for the puller, before the puller would even get fired up to get to the starting line. As quick as the track crew appeared to be working, the next pulling vehicle could have easily been fired up as the sled was going back to the start line. From my perspective, if that wasted time could have been cut out, we more than likely would have seen a full program. But once again, this is my perspective, I am a fan, have never been able to volunteer my time, and just like to see the show going not only for my sake, but also my young kids'.

My family and I loved the show we got to see, appreciated the minis but missed the unlimited mods, loved the LPS, LSS, USS, and Diesel trucks, and can't wait till next year already. Once again, thank you all very much who put this show on and make it happen for us fans.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 14, 2014 01:18AM
Its easy to pick apart something after the fact, wish weather hadn't came in and stopped one heck of a show, from the LSS class guys we LOVE Henry and hope you continue to include us as we continue to improve our class! Awesome track wonderful people, make the pullers feel special as well! Thanks Guys

BB

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 14, 2014 01:51AM
Stormy. All of the PPL pullers put on a great show. Our fans love your class! At this time we are going to lobby for the same 7 classes for next year. We like to help the new Silver Series classes get started. LPro Stock, DSS Trucks, you guys and now the Mini Rods. Our fans like variety and PPL has really delivered for us. When our fair knows next year's classes we will post it. Second Saturday in July, 2015. Thank you for the kind remarks. JR

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 14, 2014 08:44AM
Was wondering if anyone had the results/distances from Henry on Sunday afternoon/night I no this is a lil off topic but couldn't make it and I always enjoy watching the farm stock and hot farm stock tractors
Thanks

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 14, 2014 02:24PM
Last year they got posted on their website, www.marshallputnamfair.org. Don't know if they are up for this year yet.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 14, 2014 03:31PM
Thank You for a Quality Show. We travel to the Henry area each year from Wisconsin for a family reunion and always come to watch this Pull. We were disappointed that the Pro Stock class didn't finish as it was the main reason we came. As a fellow promoter of 17 years, I could see there were areas where you struggled. The pull was scheduled for 6pm. Could you advertise the program start time of 5:30pm another year to allow the Pull to start at the advertised time of 6pm? I understand weather conditions to the track play a part in making it ready so it will take longer and I fully understand help is hard to find. But, this is a big professional pull and other national and regional pulls start on time with only minor delays. It seemed the track workers worked one side and then the other and then back and forth. There were a few near misses of collisions. Could they work only their own track? The pullers travel long distances to come to these pulls and having a class not hook because of a late avoidable start was too bad.

The honoring of such a special man and the work he performed to save people that tragic day in New York was a must, especially with his connection to your local law officers, but could have been done a little differently so the Pull could have been started on time and completed. I am very glad to have had the privilege of seeing him honored. His courage lets us know there are still good people in this world in time of need. But, with the very high quality of tractors and pullers that you have entered, and the money they spend to be there, they come first and foremost.

I do agree that the length of time between hooks should have been avoided also. This could be fault of worker as well as puller, I don't know what happened here, but something to think about. I am very greatfull that you kept a close watch on the weather and told us to leave as you did. As I saw it that went very smoothly with no panic. I guess my opinions here are meant to help you to trouble-shoot for next year. Having each worker doing their job and knowing it is easier said than done, but I believe important to you. Good luck for next year, and we will be back. I do feel this year's event had unexpected delays but know if it happens often, could hurt your event.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 16, 2014 12:06AM
go to the ppl website

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 15, 2014 01:47PM
I was one of the fans that loved the show I thought the track crew did a great job and I was impresed with the effort. I was bothered by the delay at the start I know the officer being honered was important but thought it was longer than it should have been we (the group of people I was watching with) knew rain was coming saw it on radar. I think a early start would have been a good idea. I like many would have stayed as long as the pull was going but the classes we wanted to see the most were Light Super, Heavy Super, Pro Stock, and Limited Pro. I did like the diesel trucks but I go get beer when Minis and gas trucks pull. As Chris Little said trucks are for going to look at crops and getting beer.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 15, 2014 01:43PM
I agree with a few other posts. The Henry pull this year I feel was very disorganized. The opening ceremony took to long with the impending weather coming in and should have been shortened. Then I saw the track crew was putting more water into the track after they just took mud off the track which doesnt make much sense. I also saw the tractors taking to long to get to the skid in between pulls, could have at least had them started up and ready to go. I drove along distance to watch this pull which costed me lots of money for fuel and then the ticket and then food there at the fair. I am a die hard Prostock fan which is why I go to most all pulls to watch them. I could have gone to a closer pull to me in Jerseyville, IL which had Prostocks and watch there pull which is put on by the NTPA but chose to come to Henry because you were gonna have more. I agree with the earlier post, pull the fan favorites and then who cares who leaves, you got our $25 dollars. I sure hope you do something different next year so this does not happen again otherwise I am going to go to the closer pull and I will at least get to watch the Prostocks.

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 15, 2014 11:16PM
Loved the minis, if you went to the movies and set there for 55 min before the show started, you would either walk out or go find the manager. Track was way better than most of tracks now days. Regardless of rain, 1130 is too late to be pulling pro stocks, those dad's that brought there kids have to leave because they won't sit still or it's time to get them to bed. I have never heard anyone say, "we drove from 3hrs away and we are here to watch 4wd trucks", doesn't mean you don't have them, it means put them last....

Re: Thank you from Henry, IL. July 16, 2014 01:42AM
We travel two hours to attend the pull. After 10 years of attending Henry we attended the New Hampton pull last year and found it better organized. Intending to go to New Hampton again we looked at the radar and saw the obvious, it will be rained out, so we travelled to Henry. Same old story, starts an hour late and we get rained out preventing us from seeing the class we wanted the most. Looking at the stands and seeing empty seats that were not there when we first started attending I can see others have made the same decision. I understand if weather delays a track but I did not travel 2 hours and pay money to see a presentation.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009