New Hypermax block legal? March 26, 2009 01:55AM
Does anyone know if the new Hypermax block is legal for NTPA 2009. Also what is the part number and can you get one at a Navistar dealer ??

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 26, 2009 03:42AM
Yes, last I heard it’s a done deal and the OEM licensing is complete and the part numbers are legitimate. Since all the proper paperwork is in place it will be legal in NTPA in 2009.

I believe you can only get a Hypermax block from a CaseIH dealer. (It’s only an IH replacement motor, and Navistar is not CaseIH) Navistar engines are a whole different issue and are only legal in select Agco tractors (since Agco was the only manufacture to ever offer a Navistar engine as a stock engine option). I know there are IH guy’s running Navistar blocks, but I personally don’t see how that’s a legal combination. I understand the lineage and the buyout and mergers, but once a Case bought IH any engines cast after that transaction by Navistar should not be allowed in an IH.

As for the part number, I did a search on this page and found this: P/N is 87299950 is a replacement for engine block casting number 1814042C1

As a side note, the search feature on this page is a very handy tool. I often see the same questions asked time after time, and a quick search will usually answer the question. For those who haven’t noticed, the search box is in the upper right-hand corner just below the "Links" (not trying to lecture anyone, just trying to be helpful!)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 26, 2009 06:09AM
Thanks Jake

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 27, 2009 04:16AM
The Hypermax block is legal but currently are sold out. Hyper will not have any more for 3-4 months according to Jerry L a week ago.

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 27, 2009 04:31AM
Is this block something that Hyper himself is casting or is CaseIH doing the casting for him.?

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 27, 2009 04:36AM
Well I guess Esdon is not the ONLY one wanting to run the new block by the way it was made to sound on here. The list must of started way before this year. Not wanting to start another block thread here, issue over and done now. Lets go PULLING!

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 27, 2009 05:25AM
So I'm sitting here at my computer at the CaseIH dealer and just tried both of those part numbers and the program didn't come up with anything. So is this one of the super secret numbers that you have to call into case for or is it just a typo?

Re: New Hypermax block legal? March 27, 2009 06:13AM
My partner is a service manager at a CIH store and ran 87299950. It came back as a block, no price, check the locator for availability.

He then put in to Assist (a system that helps with parts and service issues case by case) with that part number and it came back to contanct Hypermax Engineering with their phone number. It's in the system.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009