fuller 5 speed vs a SCS twin counter shaft gear box July 13, 2014 12:23PM
Any one know the weight diffrent between the two? Whats a good model fuller to look for? Well be going in a tube frame white/oliver

Re: fuller 5 speed vs a SCS twin counter shaft gear box July 13, 2014 01:51PM
Forget the fuller! There will only be one gear you can use.
At least with the SCS or profab, you can have at least two, three, or four gears close enough to actually use, and some tech support.
And you can actually get couplers for attaching to them reliably.

Re: fuller 5 speed vs a SCS twin counter shaft gear box July 13, 2014 03:17PM
In the mid 80's, the dinosaur 905 5 speed twin countershaft was updated to what is known as an 11605. It came in multiple ratios designated by the letters A through D following the model number. They are all very heavy, and made with the same old 905 case. Cast iron. They weigh twice what my profab weighs. The 11605 is also a fine pitched gear transmission. The fine teeth increased the torque rating from 900 to 1100 foot lbs. If you feel like it, take the time and do what I did. I went through the paces, studied all of the ratio variances of the 11605. You will be able to put together a tranny with gears on a 10 to 12% spread. I did all the homework, and then bought a profab. Let me know if I can be of any help. Neil Christensen.

Re: fuller 5 speed vs a SCS twin counter shaft gear box July 14, 2014 04:34AM
Atlas also has 5 to 3spd tranny also. for component or cast think they are little better price and better gear material in his.

Re: fuller 5 speed vs a SCS twin counter shaft gear box July 14, 2014 05:12AM
I agree. Karl does have his own twin countershaft. Better price than any other guarenteed. I would have went that route, but they were not available when I needed to buy, so I got a profab. I would buy a new one from Karl before I would spend the time finding an 11605 and ordering gears. Aftermarket trannys get ratios much closer than the fuller gears. Also- an Atlas would be cheaper, lighter and much easier to install in the long run. Just my .02.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009