Bleeding Air out of Helm Pump July 31, 2014 02:39PM
Trying to get all the pump and lines bled in but I'm having a difficult time doing it. Are there any tricks to doing it?

Here is a link to the helm pump that I have: Sea Star Standard Helm Pump

It's part number HH5272.

Thanks!

Re: Bleeding Air out of Helm Pump August 01, 2014 01:27AM
I have a hynautics system on my offshore powerboat, to bleed system: 40 turns to the ledt, then 40 turns to the right. No bs, those are the instructions for it.

Re: Bleeding Air out of Helm Pump August 01, 2014 01:39AM
I took my cylinder off and positioned it so lines ran uphill to pump , left cap off and turned back and forth till no more air came out

Re: Bleeding Air out of Helm Pump August 01, 2014 02:09AM
When I did mine a few years back, it came with a hose about 8 inches long that screwed into the fill hole. Then I cut open the bottom of one of the bottle of oil and attached it to the hose to make a "cheap" funnel. The trick was to keep a constant supply of oil into the system when filling. I also remember something about having to have the cylinder either all the way in or all the way out and pinned. Sorry can't remember which way it needed to be.

Re: Bleeding Air out of Helm Pump August 05, 2014 03:33PM
We finally got it bled in. We took the tires off to let the cylinder move all the way to either side. We kept the pump full of oil by keeping a small funnel in fill hole filled with oil. We cracked the lines at the cylinder to let any air get pushed out. After going left to right and back about 5 times it was bled in.

Thanks for all the help!

Re: Bleeding Air out of Helm Pump August 05, 2014 11:30PM
Does that system have a pressurized reserve tank? May be premature but does it work well?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM