iowa state fair August 13, 2014 01:52PM
Any results? thanks

Re: iowa state fair August 13, 2014 04:04PM
Sorry was busy there but I think 142 hooks. Was a good show, track, and weather. Over at 9:30 and really no Breakage to speak of. All classes had good numbers and Pull went like Clockwork.

Re: iowa state fair August 13, 2014 04:30PM
Should of been over by 7, a lot of screwing around by Outlaws and some of the pullers...

Re: iowa state fair August 13, 2014 06:28PM
LSS - Hayley's Comet
USS - Red Ink
MOD - Runnin On Empty
SF - Dream On

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 04:53AM
Who won Prostock tractor class?

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 10:27AM
The powers that be of the Iowa State Fair said they wanted the show to last till 9. We finished up around 8 last year and they said that was to short. So everyone was just following orders.

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 09:28AM
RYAN68
Should of been over by 7, a lot of screwing around by Outlaws and some of the pullers...
Im not sure what the deal was with the hour long intermission.

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 11:54PM
Years ago they use to run 2 sessions with the first one starting at about 10 or 11 in the morning and finishing about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then about 6:00 they would have the evening session till 10 or 11 at night. You had to buy a different ticket for each session or could buy a ticket for both and save a little money. One year it rained and they could not start the pull till about 2 in the afternoon and ran straight through except for about an hour to stop and rework track as it gets too hard after a while of pulling. Every since that year they have done it this way and I like this setup a lot better as now as you have to only buy 1 ticket which is less than the 2 tickets before and get to see all the pulling in 7 hours with a one hour break instead of 7 hours of pulling spread out over 12 hours. Pull gets better every year and had the big screen last year for the first time and this year had 3 big screens. I thought pull went at a pretty good pace as you just had time to watch the previous hook reruns on big screen and then another was going done the track on the other side. A big crowd and everyone enjoyed the pull. Good job by Outlaws and the Iowa State Fair for another great pull.

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 05:14AM
Cody Shay on board sobotka 4020 won . Mason Hansen 2nd

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 06:49AM
Congrats to Richard Clack and Redline winning the 4wd class.

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 09:22AM
llp- in a hurry to get things done
p4x4- bad habit
lss- hayleys comet
sf- dream on
mod- running on empty
dss- ???????
lps- no mercy
uss- red ink
2wd- notorious
diesel 4x4- mutt
4x4- redline
ps- jd 4020

Red ink with a picture perfect pass of 376.87. Awesome run!

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 09:46AM
Danny Marlow should of won the diesel truck class, he had his neck brace on, video evidence apparently, but Outlaw officials wouldn't reverse it..

I have video of all the classes except the 2wd trucks and Pro Stocks. 6.5hrs for 140 hooks with 2 sleds is way to long, and we had a 2 hour drive home yet. Still haven't figured out why guys don't have their stuff ready to go as soon as the sled is backed up, not just start getting ready making the fans wait an extra 5 minutes between hooks

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 10:23AM
RYAN68
Danny Marlow should of won the diesel truck class, he had his neck brace on, video evidence apparently, but Outlaw officials wouldn't reverse it..

I have video of all the classes except the 2wd trucks and Pro Stocks. 6.5hrs for 140 hooks with 2 sleds is way to long, and we had a 2 hour drive home yet. Still haven't figured out why guys don't have their stuff ready to go as soon as the sled is backed up, not just start getting ready making the fans wait an extra 5 minutes between hooks
Yeah, I thought about leaving a couple times.

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 11:38AM
They have had better shows in the past several pullers have had bad breakage many regulars missing the track was like usual hard its a race track and doesn't get worked on for the pull till 5 hours till showtime. Lots of stoppage didn't start on time must be the fair trying to sell more 6.00 beer stale peanuts and waterdown pop actually they were out of peanuts this year so no heartburn or the runs today might be a blessing they were out. Good job Paulson team on the mod win great hook and also Richard clark on his fwd win. Have fun at the fair.

Re: iowa state fair August 14, 2014 10:53PM
I am just glad it is not an NTPA pull anymore. There would have been half the hooks and they would have milked it out for the same amount of time. Some of the NTPA pulls I have been to this year in Iowa have sucked as far as tractors are concerned.

Re: iowa state fair August 15, 2014 12:18AM
I agree about the NTPA events this year. Look at the pull at the Clay County Fair in Spencer, IA. It was a great pull when Outlaws had it with all the different classes with lots of hooks and both sessions were different. Now with NTPA not many hooks and the same classes at both sessions and they will drag that pull out for ever just because they do not have many hooks. They bragg about having the biggest county fair in the nation, but the pull sucks now.

Re: iowa state fair August 15, 2014 01:04AM
This is what happens when they get a new director at the fair that knows nothing about pulling and NTPA sucks up to them at the Iowa Fair convention. They really had no choice as Outlaws does not want to come that far north for one event that late in the year anymore. After the fair jacked Outlaws around over the weather a couple of times and wanted to cancel pull when it sprinkled or was cold and Roberts would not do it they parted ways. Agree pull was a lot better then, but don't look for Outlaws to come back, they do not want that pull.

Re: iowa state fair VIDEOS August 15, 2014 02:26PM
Videos from the Iowa State Fair... Left right as the 2wd trucks and Pro Stocks were starting.. So sorry I didn't get those..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 02:27PM by RYAN68.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,709, Posts: 229,813, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro