My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 06:40AM
I think its a show of disrespect to the puller to be charged at the gate for bringing the show .If it takes the pullers 10 bucks to make or break the budjet they shouldn't be having the pull .Whats peoples opinions that's mine rite or wrong its not the monnie its the princepal let go

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 06:45AM
Yep I'm with ya I have not went to one pull the last three years because they charge at the gate.

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 07:02AM
A fair board member who comes shakes your hand and tells you they apriciate you coming should have just handed you a dunce hat and said heres your sighn

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 12:39PM
Truck and Tractor pullers are lucky to have a place to pull .We just have them to fill our seven night event

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 12:45PM
Charge at gate , credit cost to entry fee

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 01:21PM
crankerer
Charge at gate , credit cost to entry fee

That is what they do where I pull. I wouldn't go if I had to pay both fees.

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 01:28PM
To Mr. Promoter, That was an arrogant statement don't you think. First of all if the pulls weren't making you money you would find a different filler. Secondly I would love to know exactly which events you promote so I can be sure to boycott any event your involved with. Here in Northeast Ohio I am within 2hrs of a pull almost every weekend all summer long and I don't need your event. Lastly if you think so little of pulling then why would you even be on pulling forum?

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 01:28PM
Promoter, please tell us where you are located and I will personally avoid putting you through the trouble of having me their. When we go to places with promoters that feel the way you do... it is usually quite evident.

We have many promoters that appreciate us, it always shows, and we very deeply appreciate them.

Bret

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 01:44PM
Bet they charged you to get in.Did they buy you lunch

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 18, 2014 12:24AM
To Promoter,

I have actually been to some pulls where they fed the pullers or gave out free food coupons to the pullers. I don't expect that, but it is much appreciated.

So you are not going to tell us who you are or where you are from? There was a time when many communities promoted different activities because it was good for the community. Any more, many promoters seem to think they need to make big money or it's not worth there time. I know things have become more expensive but then so has our sport.

Bret

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 02:05PM
If he were really a promoter he wouldent be stupid enough to post that

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 02:13PM
We've been over this many times, racetracks do it all the time.
Bet fairgrounds doesn't charge Reba to get in!

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 02:39PM
So far frantic crew is the only one on here with any sence because I am one of the pullers that wears the dunce hat and drives 200 miles to a pull and pays to get in. If anyone feels appreciated after that there needs to be some other hat

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 03:14PM
some towns really have a hard time making moneyon a local tractor pullif you look in the crowd and consider every tractor attending has one operator in one pic man that eliminates a large portion of the spectators sitting along the trackswith what it costs to pay for a sled at today's prices around here anyway there isn't much money made on a local pull. I don't think there is as much money in it as a lot of guys think.what if they had to pay for all of the equipment used to maintain the track? Lets face it, it is,by a perfect world, and we are not NASCAR.

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 17, 2014 10:43PM
I have been involved in different motorsports for 50+years and have been paid appearance money and have also had to pay just to get in gate.I also judge cattle shows and have been called on to help with some pulling tracks and other volunteer things and have been told by the gate person everyone has to pay to which I reply do you want my help or not which changes their way of thinking.The one thing that really costs is proper insurance and it is a must so I don't mind that but I always felt under appreciated at gate fees.The ISF seem to charge for everything I am surprised they don't have a restroom fee.A lot of people don't realize the vendors pay 17% daily off the to be there.I was at a very nice pull in Belmond and they did not charge exhibitors.I know it can cost over $300K to build a competeive open machine and most of the time $1000 is about normal to win if that so I guess money is not why people pull.

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 18, 2014 12:47AM
Around here everyone pays at the gate, and campers that come early are also visited when you go to register, gate fee for you and your crew (usually one or two) is deducted may not be the best system but it works

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 18, 2014 09:15AM
On a good night with 5 classes if you had 10 pullers per class that is 500 bucks in gate fees .If that amount will make or break the promoter the pull shouldn't take place anyway. But the real show of apriciation could make there show better the next year the 10 bucks is not the point the stab in the back is I no we don't pull for the monnie because we just spent 300 to make it to the gate so we can pay that 10 bucks with the show behind us .As members of clubs we need to add that in our fees

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 18, 2014 09:32AM
Cant stick together promoters will always take advatage as long as pullers let them, low pay out, charge to hook ect. promotors should get there fee on top of what pullers agree on to sell there class.Then pullers need to up hold there end and support and hold promoter accountable to promote (my) sport,not see what little they can get away with so they can put more money in there pocket. seems like they can always find some sucker that only worried about himself to pay exhibition to fullfil obligation. PULLERS JUST CANT GET OUT OF THERE OWN WAY

Re: My opinion of a puller paying to get in the gate August 18, 2014 10:35AM
I remember a place that always charged because you can't count em if you don't pay to get in

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009