Highland Pull August 23, 2014 03:29AM
I dont want to start any arguments, but the pull was outrageous, i have never been to a pull that was so unorganized. we were told that our classes were coming up soon... 2hrs later they were still adding classes, unorganized. they also didnt know what classes were coming up if the class was right in front of them! Im just stressing my frustrations with this pull. It was the first time we had been there and we wont be back until there is some serious changes. Let me know how your experiences were.
Thanks

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 03:50AM
I agree a 100% what a joke

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 04:14AM
It was a badgerland pull what did you expect You should of went to Hubcity very well organized great job track crew and Guy

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 05:27AM
thanks jelous, i will remember to go to hubcity for next year. Im glad that i wasnt the only person that thought the pull was a joke.

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 07:58AM
It was the FIRST time they had a pull there. How do you do it at your pull mjm540???

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 09:01AM
i dont have my own pull, but ive been to enough to know a decently organized hook. Have they had the highland pull before? just a different location or what? I did hear that they had more classes than what they were planing, but they still should have had the classes they new they had a lot more organized. then after they got the classes done that they had scheduled, then do the late add on classes. my main frustration was that we were going to be the next class time and time again, 2 hrs later we still hadnt pulled. i know that they cant always help it and that its part of the sport, but if i pay for fuel in my truck and my tractors entry fee.... i want to be able to pull with ease and have a good time just like anyone else. Also, i would have had their antique clubs pull the next day at noon, most people come to see the too hot classes for the smoke and speed.
Thanks

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 12:10PM
Bad 4430 how do u run your pull??? Highland was a joke and u know it.

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 12:36PM
mjm. the first year for every pull is tough. they make classes so that everyone that comes can pull. obviously you don't pull, otherwise you would know this. im sure next year will be a lot better and if you don't agree, maybe you should run it then.

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 03:01PM
To mjm540 to the kid who is not very smart to run a turbo tractor in a na class. Maybe if u could pull in the right class the first time maybe u wouldn't have to wait.

Re: Highland Pull August 24, 2014 02:01AM
to 1466 puller, i pulled in the 9000lb farm stock. they didnt have a rule sheet and didnt tell me it was a na class. I didnt say anything on the sign up sheet about a non turbo class.
To 2290 puller, i didnt know it was their first year out the gate. so with that being said.... they should take this discussion and use it as constructive criticism.
Im sorry if i pissed any one off, but these are my thoughts.
Thanks

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 03:40PM
Ok first of all every pull got started somewhere, and they weren't perfect the first year. They can take a look back and look at the changes they can make. Putting on a pull takes a lot of time and effort weeks before the pull and during it. It takes a ton of help running the pull. When Hillsboro got started having pulls it wasn't perfect and the best but look at it now. It is very frustrating trying to accommodate for pullers that show up. Guys wanna show up 2-3 hours before the pull then an hour into the pull they expect their class to hook. It doesn't work like that. We been going to viola for a lot of years and every year they are still pulling at 1 in the morning, I don't see anybody bashing that pull. If everybody wants to bash these places that put a pull on or are trying to get a pull going and the promoters throw in the towel that is 1 less hook your gonna get then you can sit and look at your tractor wishing you had a hook that wasn't 2 hours away. They (Chad and Dave) spent a lot of their own time getting sponsor money to offer a good payback so instead of bashing them if you see them tell them thanks and offer your help or ideas to help the pull out, if it wasn't for them we (tractor pullers) wouldn't have any pulls to go to.

Re: Highland Pull August 23, 2014 09:02PM
It was a great pull there will be issues first time the highland rodeo im member badgerland sanity pullers don't be bashing our club we had over 100 hooks vs only 6 to ten tractors showed up july 12 iron anchor pullers and we are in for 2014

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009