NTPA sf rule changes August 25, 2014 12:17PM
So what are the chances that we get our slotted 3x3 for next year??!! Is bio in or out??

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 25, 2014 12:41PM
I think the rule should be 3 inch inlet with 1/8 inch protrusion,.250 single slot cover, unlimited exhaust. Bio fuel in.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 25, 2014 01:33PM
So we are gonna all spend $10k and the ones on top will be right back on top? Makes real good sense.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 06:48AM
Why
So we are gonna all spend $10k and the ones on top will be right back on top? Makes real good sense.

10k what is wrong with all of ya! 10k wtf!! $500 for the cover and $500 for the cooler!
So every1 is fine with spending big $on heads cams pumps turbos saftey equip dynos cranks rods pistons billet this billet that!
For a grand we could do some little things that might help a guy out that doesnt have 5.75 billet crank or that doesnt have this or that or the guys that have an oversized head or undersized! Open your eyes people its the cheapest parts to make power that a guy could change! I dont have alot of money to spend but im for it change is a good thing!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 07:17AM
So the guys that cant afford to buy good parts are the only people allowed to use slotted covers and coolers? No! You spend $1k on pump and innercooler, I'll spend 5 times as much and be even farther ahead of you. And now I am making 200hp more, do the fans in the stands notice 200hp? No, but they are going to see that you are another 20 feet back! F'n Key boarders

to billy bob August 29, 2014 03:16PM
I agree with you however you will never see the intercooled 466 tractors hook with that class unless there was a rule change that allowed it!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 25, 2014 03:15PM
Heard they are going to dump SF all together.
All have to change to LImited or light pro stock.
Also a NO WHINERS rule to be added for 2015.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 25, 2014 04:23PM
You guys just think the numbers are low now. Wait till all the super farms have to go lim pro. There will be tractors sitting in sheds coast to coast with busted motors.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 26, 2014 01:07AM
Your limited pro low # issue must be a regional problem, out here there is no shortage of 4.1's to have a show. It also seems as though it hasn't been nearly as popular in ntpa as it has in outlaws or PPL.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 03, 2014 01:14PM
When will we know? Is their anywhere a guy can vote? I get my hopes up every year for a turbo rule change then a cooler would be like frosting

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 26, 2014 06:10PM
You better open your eyes!
Outlaws, PPL, and NTPA are ALL dictatorships!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 27, 2014 10:35AM
Ice Cold...... you make no logical sense, moving to slots and coolers literally changes nothing because everyone would of gained the same horsepower and thats not seperable performance wise, as in the crowd would not notice a difference. Superfarm is doing just fine, it would be better if ntpa adopted everyone running the same fuel and water and used a lab to know if people are cheating or not whethers is b100 or whatever, that would open up a whole different ball game where they would have to find horsepower mechanically. Also outlaw going to 3.35 turbo is kind of a pain because you have to have two different turbos now if you wanna go pull both ways, but can see their view of wanting to be ahead of the light limited prostocks

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 25, 2014 11:23PM
Ya, having them all move to Limited Pro would be great, there might actually be a class then! The 10 total tractors that left SF the last two years have been real successful spreading themselves around the different pulls that have taken Lim Pro. What a joke this class is, I think the most I have ever seen in the results has been about 10, and they average about 4-5 most of the time. Light Pro is not much better at times, but at least there has been as many as 35 at some pulls, so there are some decent numbers out there for it.

There is nothing wrong with SF at this time, the numbers are still there......no rule change is required.

These proposed changes just require more $$ to be spent, and never actually make anybody new get involved as a direct result.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 26, 2014 10:58AM
There are alot of lim pros in the country wit as many hooks to go with it. PPL, NTPA, ITPA, BADGER STATE, HSTPA, MID SOUTH, OUTLAW and more. Too many places to hook to show off how many are actually put there.
Not tryin to throw stones but light pro seems to be more of an ohio based class. I do enjoy watchin the class. But NTPA region II is bout the only true light pro class. Sure there is a few mix classes like OHIO STATE, IPL, AND BOB. But for the most part ohio or rele close.
Im sure if either class was grand national or champions tour you would see that there are many limited pros as light pros. The limited pro class is jus way more spread out.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 26, 2014 11:06AM
If they would move to coolers and slots wood open up a new world.
But the NTPA is a dictatorship it won't happen.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 27, 2014 12:44AM
How would moving to coolers and slots open up a new world?

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 06:58AM
bowtieighth
How would moving to coolers and slots open up a new world?
what you wouldnt notice 300hp and 600torq more under your ass! Lol
And this other guy the crowd wont notice are you crazzy!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 10:39AM
After everybody in the class spends the money, they'll reset the sled and you're still going to go about 300'. WOW! You must sell coolers and slots! Do you think the crowd can tell an extra 5 or even 10 mph of wheel speed?

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 11:37AM
bowtieighth
After everybody in the class spends the money, they'll reset the sled and you're still going to go about 300'. WOW! You must sell coolers and slots! Do you think the crowd can tell an extra 5 or even 10 mph of wheel speed?
sounds like your already running a hidden cooler or a slot! Now man hey that could be possible! Im not trying to piss people off id just rather see every1 open their eyes! The day the ntpa favors the just the under cube guys I will no longer pull! I ponied up spent the money! NOW I WOULD LET THE FORDS DEUTZ AND ALLIS IF IF their 466 or under run 3/4turbos for dif color

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 12:49PM
You just want to bash NTPA. Admit it.

You spent the money for what, so you could almost be a SS? I guess I don't understand the whole spend more money so I can keep up with the other guys and after I do it (and they do too) I'm still 15' behind them. If they'd just open it up to Methanol in the water, then you'd have it made. But wait, they're putting it in their's too! You're silly.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 31, 2014 04:46AM
CHIP 42 NTPA does have a 9500 pro farm class

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 01, 2014 10:06AM
The way I see it is that the guys sneaking a slotted cover here or their or running a cooler before or after the compressor! Or oh this guy that say ill spend five times as much and gonna be 20ft ahead still lol! I say for all you BIG ROLLERS rolling in to little hometown brush pulls I say BRING IT! Us little small guys are catching you's running all the MI southern steroids! The thing we all know is Um man man what's the name ohhhhh NITRO XD is in their fuel oh is that why their running b100?
Oh and hmmmmm oh yeah peroxide in their water!! This is why I go spend on big stroke long rods recast head from castners hart turbo jollif fuel pump columbus injectors secret tlc work done to run the b100 gms pistons and four roller cams later! I go to the dyno get told man its a tuf runner then go out and pull agaisnt MI magic 20ft a head piss off! Im really dnt wanna change but I will if we run coolers slots 3/4s less for them to cheat with i guess so do it ntpa just do it ive always been superfarm light lim pro is a great class and lim pro but for me just nice to watch for me say what you want but I know a guy that spends 30k a year just on repairs so no thanks! Yea I know in them class the rush and becoming a good driver my hats off to them but so its not for me! Them to classes bitch about sf about not farm from their class well what the heck their not far from light super or pro stock so mind ur own! Keep your whining out of are class we have enough we dont get in on ur topics! Maybe you dont think so but some guys work butts off to just afford sf tractors put are shoes on! I dont know who started this idea but I hope they do it!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 01, 2014 10:46AM
Take a look around in the stands what do you see fans yes not like it use to be but theirs guys out their that cant buy this or that or life just hasnt been easy and theyd like to build a tractor i've been their we all have been are kids someone elses someone out their is gonna build or buy their first tractor some will be superfarm profarm hotfarm some will always stay with that class some will climb the rope!
I say
540 down 3/4 with icebox cooler
640 down slot 3/3 with icebox cooler
ntpa super farm im telling ya my dyno shows that its tight it would be crazzy good for the class

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 03, 2014 02:40AM
The average spectator goes to one maybe two pulls a year. They know if it blows smoke it's a diesel and if it don't it's an alcohol. They will not be able to tell 10-15% gain in power in a super farm. I'm all for helping the class, but you have to think about it from all sides. That's the problem with competitors, they only want to see what they "THINK" is best for them! Keep changing rules and adding new classes and watch the numbers drop!!!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 03, 2014 04:25AM
Peter rabbit how is letting slotted turbos in the class gonna hurt numbers?
Fine don't let coolers in but whats the big deal with the slotted turbo?
I don't see your point I think it will better the class the small cube guys will love it because of the top end power that gives a 466 more of a shot doesnt it? The big cubes will run better to! From my research a 466 to a 540 will gain 15% more a 640 10% so how will it hurt numbers! Ordering a cover sounds better than last years 3/4 idea I agree

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 03, 2014 05:00AM
tweeter
Peter rabbit how is letting slotted turbos in the class gonna hurt numbers?
Fine don't let coolers in but whats the big deal with the slotted turbo?
I don't see your point I think it will better the class the small cube guys will love it because of the top end power that gives a 466 more of a shot doesnt it? The big cubes will run better to! From my research a 466 to a 540 will gain 15% more a 640 10% so how will it hurt numbers! Ordering a cover sounds better than last years 3/4 idea I agree
Everybody in the class spends $5K because of a rule change and everybody gains 80 HP. BTW, if you can't come up with 15+ dyno sheets on 466-540's and 15+ sheets on 640's with the only change being the slotted turbo, then it's only your OPINION. They reset the sled and everybody finishes in the same position and at the same distance. What was gained? You HAVE to be a turbo salesman! LOL!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 03, 2014 06:07AM

They reset the sled and everybody finishes in the same position and at the same distance. What was gained?

This statement needs to apply to all of pulling, not just the SF class!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 03, 2014 08:38AM
Hey bowtieight
what in the world are you so scarred of? I say ntpa shoulduv done it 5 years ago! Yes every club has its pros and cons! The ntpa think about what it stands for I will leave the ppl asap if it happens! Oh and try 100 to 150 hp with a slot dip @#$%&!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 04, 2014 04:11AM
Hey purple power dip $hit. We aren't arguing that slots and inner coolers make power. I just don't think you understand tractor pulling. It's not a poor man's game. There is a certain amount of money that must be spent in order to compete. And the guys on top have done their homework and spent their $ on good parts.

Re:get some votes September 03, 2014 05:10AM
A seed company do they sit idle and watch the other companys try new things and grow stronger pushing forward
Are rules havent changed in so long other than saftey this and that
My vote is yes on slotted turbos id like to run a icebox to but beggers cant be choosers slotts first it be nice to see super farm guys stick together why cant we put are ntpa superfarm back in the hunt with the ppl and outlaws! I think if even just the turbo rule would change it would end a lot of bickering well maybe not but I say let us run somthings that might be putting the sneaky ones out front 20ft! How many time do we go pull and think well maybe this guy has some kinda of a air cooler or running their water injection through frozzen coolant before the intake

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 08, 2014 11:59AM
So any idea when we will know when this rule will change or not?

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 05:03AM
Billy bob
their is not a true 3/4 out their so you must have a 510 cube motor! Keep the rules the same on the turbo why go buy a different turbo size and ares sell for less than nothing! Dnt knw about you but I cant aford to change sizes I have to sell mine for 1500 or so every other year to put towards a new turbo! Give us slots! No cooler! And everone thats small on cubes quiet bitching and spend some money! If you dnt have it then set a goal to work your way up to that point!!!! Now I agree with mesing around guy im not a ford guy but their is them guys that would love to build a ford! I would only hadicap them 466 3/4 or somthing for color! I no longer pull in the class I went to lim pro and I probably will be back in sf im tired of spending 50k a year! My small block 640 with out a billet crank would last me 90 hooks before I would check the crank you gotta have a good balanced setup!!!! Everyone just get along sf is the back bone of many associations! I do agree for some changes but everone just think about it!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 06:13AM
Well lly.... Actually I'm not 510! I'm 540 light pro! So the less super farm tractors out there means more hooks for you and me! Cause let's face it, if a promoter looks at the class numbers, he will not pick the super farm class. You need to do something to get more tractors, not just red and green. As for the 3x4 turbo, I help 2 guys one is 466 intercooled with a 3x4 and 540 with 3x4. So they do exist.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 03:09PM
Just curious why you're spending 50k a year on your limited pro

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 27, 2014 09:28AM
How bout they just take the turbine restriction off and keep it simple.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 09:08AM
Since limited pro and light pro started the super farm class numbers for hooks and number of pullers have been dropping off rather fast. If we want to keep this class then we need to simplify the class. Why not go to a good box turbo.. Billet wheel, ball bearings. Why not let some smaller cubed tractors pull in the same class, like the 466 intercooled or the 540 3x4 or the 510 3x3.5.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 11:19AM
BillyBob
Since limited pro and light pro started the super farm class numbers for hooks and number of pullers have been dropping off rather fast. If we want to keep this class then we need to simplify the class. Why not go to a good box turbo.. Billet wheel, ball bearings. Why not let some smaller cubed tractors pull in the same class, like the 466 intercooled or the 540 3x4 or the 510 3x3.5.
so the guys that spend less get what ever they want! Super farm is 640 and thats the way it will stay youll see

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 29, 2014 03:23PM
Spend less?.... Everyone spends a crap load of money. My point is if something doesn't change, not sure what. The super farm class will be dead!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 04, 2014 09:41AM
Hey watcher if you think i have not spent $ money on good parts and went all out that is the problem guys like you trying to make rules for your tractor! Im a little scarred about going with slots because the smaller cube motors have more of a shot because the motors will scream! But if you have great parts! Right! The guys that cobble motors together 466 540 and go after the big rpms it wont be long and they will be spending big$ to! What makes you so content?

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 07:10AM
Ntpa 9300sf is falling behind but not dead and wont be! How many sf tractors where at the farm show? Or bowling green? 50 and its dead! Billy bob if you think when super farm dies because its going to right oh my gosh! I guarantee limited pro 4.1 will gain more ground then your class light pro
for the guys that have the money! Then the ntpa 9500 hotfarm will gain more then your class for the guys tired of whiners!
I maybe wrong but im just getting even because ever one bitches and picks on sf guys hello not everyone can afford 10k fuel pump or 12k or 8k 10k turbo!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 31, 2014 12:56AM
Hey tweeter...the ntpa doesn't have a 9500 hot farm class. Plus, the nfms sf tractors are comprised of ntpa, ppl, outlaw, and state circuit tractors. Face it the limited pros and the light pros are growing classes. Living in ohio I have seen some light pro classes that have been stacked and I like it because you actually have to know how to drive the tractor so you won't just blow the tires off of it. It is a fun class to watch...plus you have color in it and they are all competitive. You see new and old red, green, orange, and blue. I am not hating on sf. I don't really know about new rules for ntpa sf.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 03:20PM
SmokinCAT
How bout they just take the turbine restriction off and keep it simple.

That would make too much sense. Then you could start with 1 common assembly and modify it instead of buying individual parts and putting together the bastard combination that involves witchcraft, black magic and fairy dust.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2014 03:23PM by sfd823.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 27, 2014 11:51AM
How about leaving it alone? Is that simple enough?

Here's your answer messing around August 29, 2014 12:53PM
K.I.S.S.
How about leaving it alone? Is that simple enough?
There used to be super stock and modified. I don't know that I'm smart enough to pull today. There would be 6-10 mods at most state pulls and they'd pull 2 or 3 or 4 times. Same with SS.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 02:07PM
Super farm came back up in numbers this year!
No box turbo what fun would it be if we all had the same box turbo!
I think slots would be nice im under cubed and tired of chasing after big torque motors! It will help the 640s but I believe itll help the smaller guys more

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 30, 2014 04:07PM
Go call our class reps and get the slot passed!!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 31, 2014 04:47AM
Chip 42 the ntpa DOES have a 9500 pro farm Class

Re: NTPA sf rule changes August 31, 2014 06:55AM
Are you talking about a ntpa member state org.? I don't recall any grand national or regional national hot or pro farm classes. But you are right if you are talking about united pullers of mn or some others run them aswell. I just don't think of them as ntpa...they are related to the ntpa but that is like my home state organization the ostpa with ppl. I do not consider an ostpa event a ppl event.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 01, 2014 07:54AM
Here is how moving to coolers and slots will open up a whole new world.
There is a 466 running bager super farm doing very well. do a little research.
oh here is the problem the guys who spent money on big motors are a little mad they getting beat be a small motor
what people dont want to believe is a 466 can cost as much as the large cube motor or cost less.
it would also make it so people can pull with any organization not stuck in one or have 2 different turbos to change out.
it will open up more places to pull and different competition to pull with or r some of you afraid of competition???
Leave the cube limit at 640 for the die hards

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 02, 2014 01:28PM
Yeah ice cold im a die hard im a little scarred of what a 466 or a 540 will do with slots and an intercooler because man they will screamers
im 640 spent a lot of money chasing torque it is possible for a 466 but now if ever one is aloud to run slots and coolers now its possible for a tight class
I will admit ntpa super farm is the doggiest super farm out their
for the second yr in a row guys wanna change the turbo rule I say less do it I hope the class reps see this topic and thinks about it harder than last year 3/4 idea I like the 3/3slot idea and cooler better
I feel like the turbo rule needs to be 1 rule for all cube in the class

T September 09, 2014 07:52AM
T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 04:27AM by Smokem.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 09, 2014 11:25AM
3 by anything would be good if they get rid of the small base rule too.

I seriously doubt you will get NTPA to go away from no slots. Those of you that want to get the rules unified between PLL and NTPA should start with PPL and get them to go 3.2 smooth bore so they can keep the power with a smooth bore. You might be able get NTPA to go for that.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 09, 2014 12:30PM
why is ntpa so against slotts

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 09, 2014 01:37PM
to easy to mod and hard to see if messed with.....should just go with the outlaw charger...out of the boxfor all pullers

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 09, 2014 01:54PM
You can modify and mess with the turbos!! You don't have to run a "box" turbo..

T September 09, 2014 04:39PM
T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 04:27AM by Smokem.

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 12, 2014 03:59AM
I would say they should take votes on the map ring proposed rule my vote is yes! People up set for what the same people upset about to much money being spent on the turbos now are the same guys that will spend big money on how many things to find 50hp maybe 70 so what the heck I believe turbos will become cheaper I believe hx60s will have more of a shot I believe this is what NTPA sf needs! Atleast its not a 3/4 then are turbos we all have now are worthless! It sure looks to me 7 out of 10 guys would vote yes!

Re: NTPA sf rule changes September 13, 2014 05:29AM
I think they should just let the whole damn bunch run a slotted cover n have the complaing be done with. The bottom line is everyone needs to have fun pulling but the real truth is the man in the sled behind you controls everything so it really don't matter how much money ye all wanna spend your only going as far as they want you to go.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,757, Posts: 229,914, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM