max fuel for a roosa master pump September 09, 2014 02:50PM
I have a John Deere 4320 and I bought a 45 head for it to replace the 37 that's currently on it. I am wondering what's themax amount of fuel that a person could get out of a john Deere rotary setup? Also is the 45 head the biggest one could get? I am sorry if these questions sound basic and old but I am new to pulling diesel tractors. I am moving up from a John Deere 70 gas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. John from MN.

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 09, 2014 03:13PM
450 roosa master will be at about 330 - 360 ccs max ... and yes there is a roosa master 550 head but i hear its very unreliable and will sieze up quickly

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 10, 2014 05:28AM
Do you or anyone else know where to find a 550 head?

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 10, 2014 11:51PM
mine has been on since 2007 with no problems

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 10, 2014 05:33AM
I build quite a few roosa 450 pumps for pullers. mine put out 450cc. I've ran a customer's 500 once and it was pretty disappointing. But, I don't just stick the head in the pump and expect 450cc. If you do just stick the head in the pump you now have, you will be lucky to get 300. I've fixed so many do-it-your-selfer's pumps it's not even funny.

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 10, 2014 01:36PM
How long did your 450 head last? I have been reading a lot of posts that say those pumps don't last long when youopen them up. How many rpms were you running when you got that much fuel. If I could get 450 cc from a 450 I would be as happy as tornado in a trailer park. Do you have your own diesel shop? And where are you located?

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 10, 2014 04:54PM
I have my own small pump shop, and I can't answer how long it lasted, since it's still running strong! After 4 years. I run 3000 rpm max. I have several out there running strong, and never had a seizure. I try to set them up for reliability. I have plowed and picked corn with mine at shows, no problem. I'm taking it on a tractor ride tomorrow, and then pulling it friday and sunday. I'm in northern IL.

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 16, 2014 12:19AM
Get a pump from injpumped. Strongest running,most dependable pump out there.

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 17, 2014 01:37PM
Hey injpumped can you email me some contact information for you? My boss is wanting to talk to you, we pull a 5020 and he's got some questions and probably some work for you as well.

Thanks,

Travis

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump September 18, 2014 11:15AM
send me a pm.

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump October 21, 2014 02:04PM
Injpumped,

your PM inbox is full I would like to talk to you about getting a 450 head roosa pump built for a perkins 354, among a couple other ideas. Send me a PM or email at Gearhead210@aol.com please

Thanks,

Richard

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump October 22, 2014 12:17AM
Injpumped,

i would also like to talk to you if you could send me a email andrewbeer16@gmail.com or PM me that would be great!

thanks,
Andrew

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump October 22, 2014 02:03AM
Cleaned out my inbox. Thanks for letting me know it was full. Easiest to just email me at ed64drag@gmail.com

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump October 26, 2014 02:23PM
We used Ed (injpumped) for several years without any trouble after some bad experiance with other "speciality pump shops". The 4 years we did we had 3 second place finishes in year end points and one year we finished first. I dont think we could have done any better with any I mean any other pump shop. Just for anyone wondering we were pulling LSS diesel with some tough running diesel tractors and some great running alcohol tractors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2014 03:30PM by Frantic crew.

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump October 27, 2014 03:42AM
1256, Who exactly are you referring to? You don't sound like anyone I've dealt with. Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Who was it?

Re: max fuel for a roosa master pump October 26, 2014 07:07AM
Just a word of advice... Make sure you sure you know your pump shop before you take just anyone's advice on here.
I just spent $400 and 2 weeks down to get my pump straightened back out with this so called pump man where I spent $800 to fix my problem and the tractor had
very poor performance even after countless calls basically telling me I didn't know what I was talking about.
A special thanks to Kenny at Wimers in PA...tractor runs like a top now... Can't wait to hook!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520