Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 12:36AM
congratulations to Jason Hootman winning the Enderle. The Commander put it to the NTPA guys.

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 01:15AM
Couldn't happen to a better guy and a great tractor.

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 02:10AM
GREAT JOB JASON CONGRADULATIONS WELL DESERVED

Funny observation about WPI/NTPA September 14, 2014 01:22AM
First congrats to Hootman on the win! Second as a promoter I find it odd when WPI is the promoter they make sure all of the classes are filled, even if it means with PPL loyal competitors. I wish they would put the same amount of effort into our show. Funny how when they are promoter they make sure the classes are filled, which begs the question, should they be owning more of their events?

Re: Funny observation about WPI/NTPA September 14, 2014 07:51AM
I was told they went down the list of GN lss and Phillips couldn't make it and then they were down to GN license holder with the most appearances. Jason was the competitor next in line. It appears odd but just coincidence. Fair is fair. Congrats Jason!

And to your question, is comparing the Enderle to a regular points or summer event apples to apples as far as promoting goes?

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 07:58AM by AV.

AV September 14, 2014 09:55AM
If he were a GN License holder why isn't he listed as having collected any points on NTPA's website. I am not saying he isn't a nice guy, but I don't believe he belongs at an NTPA pull. I for one do not drink the Kool-Aid. Promoting and event is promoting an event. As promoters we have been lacking in numbers all year, yet at the end of the year event, which WPI happens to be the promoter, they make sure their classes are filled. If they were concerned about their promoters and their product they would do more to ensure puller participation at all events not just the end of year. There are NTPA pullers that have been loyal for years that in my opinion deserved to be there in front of a guy who has run a few events the past couple years. You had 3 regional champs, draw straws and invite them first. Loyalty has to mean something somewhere along the lines, or at least it used to. As usual, Dave forgets the regional events, he only likes them because they pay the GN pulling circuits year end points fund and there is a helluva lot more entry fee money for WPI to collect on the region than there is at the GN's. Congrats on your win Mr. Vaske!

Re: AV September 14, 2014 02:52PM
I see your point, and thanks.

Attendance is definitely something that could have been better this summer. Promoting a pull is not an easy task.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: AV September 14, 2014 10:49PM
as you can see by the points standings of the ppl champions tour this season 1 win on the circuit is hardly winning all the time if you watch the video from Louisville craig and Jason nailed the setup mr. korth may have missed the mark by a bit I believe its called doing your home work
Vehicle TS TS Mack Mack Free Henry PC PC Alt Indy Hills Hills Total
Blue Blazes 50 50 50 34 50 48 48 48 50 48 42 40 558
Big Temptation 44 46 36 48 44 50 50 38 46 50 44 44 540
The Commander 40 42 46 38 48 46 46 50 44 42 36 42 520
Monkey Mayhem 38 44 48 42 46 42 44 42 40 40 38 32 496
Little Temptation 36 40 42 40 42 44 32 44 34 38 46 46 484
Beauty & the Beast 48 36 38 36 40 36 38 36 42 36 34 36 456
Eatn' Dollars Alky Edition 30 30 40 44 34 34 36 40 38 44 40 34 444
Farmboy's Fantasy 32 34 0 32 38 38 34 34 48 32 32 38 392
Stormy 15 32 0 0 36 40 42 46 36 46 30 15 338
Armed and Dangerous Excessive Force 46 38 44 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 48 50 276
Considered Arm and Dangerous 42 48 15 46 0 0 0 0 0 0 50 48 249
Deeply Hooked 34 15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 49

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 05:48AM
Built!! Not Bought!!

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 07:43AM
Good job on the win but isn't the hemi style head from bamber motorsports? Are the hemi style legal yet?

May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 09:57AM
Maybe it is a funky head, might be why he wins so much. I think the guys has put elbow grease and time into his tractor, don't think the Hootman family has any reason to cheat.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 10:59AM
Nothing funky about the head. I have pic of powerplant in a recent Pro Pulling Magazine where we did a feature on the team. Congrats to Jason and his whole crew, Jason will be the first to say it's a team effort!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 11:04AM
As straight up of a family as you will ever meet. Great people. Jason's success comes from the fact that he never stops thinking and is always evaluating his runs and his set up. He lives tractor pulling and I think he's just built a better mousetrap.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 11:16AM
His accomplisents are wanted by many. Great job you have done well. I get a kick how everybody says he is such a good guy, lives and breaths pulling. The truth is only if it benefits him. I was at a pull ( state level ) a couple of weeks ago and it was what some people may say not the best track. Jason and his father both wouldn't unload and pull. I would have to say it only took a couple of years and he forgot were he came from. That's sounds to me it's a team effort. That is spelled with am I.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 01:26PM
The poor track you speek of was nothing but very sharp rocks under an inch of clay. Don't blame them for not unloading. Should have seen what it did to Henrys tires.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 01:58PM
ESP watcher...Freedom was a brand new track. The track surface had shards of shale in it. The decision was based on track conditions and saving their equipment, mainly tires! I spoke with a number of esp and pro farm pullers who all said the track conditions were subpar. Maybe you should have the facts before you throw stones. Mark nor Jason have forgotten where they came from, neither one of them were in the points chase so why risk your equipment? And yes...Jason does live tractor pulling, a lot of people seem a bit jealous of his accomplishments and his obvious abilities, both on the tractor and in the shop. He did build that tractor, not write a check, pick it up and drive it. It's strange when you build something with your own sweat how much value you place on it.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 16, 2014 01:50PM
He built the head? The tires/rims? The transmission? The clutch? Didn't know he was Sfi certified builder? The turbos? Omg I can keep going and going. He did the same as everyone just bolted parts together. Yes he did a great job bolting everything together but it still cost money and he had to write checks for it same as others. O wait he built the sheet metal and frame. Man that makes that tractor really fly down the track. And I don't think money is an issue tires cost less than the chrome on his hauler. It is actually a pretty sweet hauler worth more than the tractor.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 16, 2014 03:24PM
First, I've seen Jason's cylinder head when it first came from John Bamber and its legal, nothing weird going on there.

Second, the hood has been up plenty of times in the pits. Probably a little too much this summer if you ask Jason. Pretty much anytime that he makes the Pulloff he'll raise the hood. If he hurts a turbocharger (I.E. Tomah Wisconsin, then the hood might just be off for 7 or 8 hours). Is it off much at an ESP hook? No, because he works on it at home and comes prepared to pull and not to wrench, and if it does break at a local pull he will fix it at home in a roomy shop and not out in the dirt, a luxury you don't have when you're 14 hours from home. What do you think you're going to see when the hood is up? Do you think the PPL, NTPA, and ESP tech officials are idiots and they missed something? When the hood is up please take note of the fabrication work and the weld quality, heck snap a few pictures with your phone, you won't be the first.

Third, No Jason didn't build the block, the head, the turbos, fuel pump, oil pump, clutch can, etc… Oddly enough, he didn't forge chunks of steel and machine them into hexagons and drill and tap them either since you can buy nuts right from Fastenal these days. He did however build his own datalogger from a pocket watch, an old vcr a leather belt and duct tape, all using only a swiss army knife (actually Caig Hardie did almost all the wiring, including most of the Computech datalogger, that's not one of Jason's skills) If you want me to list the things he's built vs. the things he's bought then we'll have a very long list on the built side of the list. Here a small list though… he fabricates his own rear-end housing (with all the internal supports... if you even know what that means). Not many builders in this motorsport even attempt that, he designed and fabricated the entire chassis, including the roll cage, front axle, frame rails, engine cradle, weight brackets etc… (that's a ton of tube notching, fitting, and TIG welding). He fabricated the sheetmetal and fenders from scratch infront of and English wheel and planishing hammer (Ford 6000 with pan fenders isn't something you just stick in a brake and bend up). How many other builders in this sport do that? Two (at most), and be sure to ask Binderlite how easy it is to build one-off hoods and fenders like that because they are the only other company in this motorsport that has that skill. The intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo plumbing… yeah, that was him too. Oil pan, fuel tanks, oil tank, water tank, that was him too.

Jason will be the first to tell you he doesn't do everything, Chad has helped a ton, Craig Smith and Craig Hardie have helped a ton and Charlie Roberts does all the water jetting of the parts. Bryan Conner got Jason started with the fuel system and Jason has done the fine tuning. There are plenty of other names he'd list for you if you want.

Whether you like him or not he's probably one of the most well rounded builders in the sport. If you're going to say he just bolts things together than you're saying the same for Engler, Fullpull, Ace Chassis, Lemke, etc… so basically you're saying anyone can do it. If that's the case have at it and start a company, or feel free to show us all the wonderfull things you've fabricated yourself.

Forth, You don't think money is an issue? How much do you think UPS drivers make? The tires… they are used, a new set isn't in his budget so he's not in a position to ruin them for one hook. As for the hauler… I know exactly what it cost him and it wasn't near as expensive as you might think, and it wasn't new either. It's a nice hauler that makes it possible to take his wife and kids across country to make it a family affair, but I wouldn't want to make the payments.

The more you post the more you sound jealous and petty. I'm not sure if you've got a school girl crush on him or if you're just mad that he's good at some things that you aren't. Either way you look foolish and you insult every builder out there with your moronic remarks.

I'm sure Jason would be happy to defend himself on here but his typing skill are almost as bad as his electrical wiring skills.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 17, 2014 06:45AM
Jake, don't know why you bother... Always some that will put down anyone who do things they know they will never be able to achieve. Anyone who realy knows what it takes will appreciate it. Most fans appreciate it. They're the ones that matter. Big congrats to Jason!

pb

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 16, 2014 10:31PM
So well said Jake. It's sad to see that a small time guy on a limited budget works his tail off and builds a tractor that does well and he's labeled a cheater and has forgotten where he came from. The best part? Jason was laughing about all the haters on the phone yesterday. He must be doing something right if he's got so many keyboard pullers talking crap...

Re: May be why he never lifts the hood September 14, 2014 01:56PM
ESP watcher
I was at a pull ( state level ) a couple of weeks ago and it was what some people may say not the best track. Jason and his father both wouldn't unload and pull. I would have to say it only took a couple of years and he forgot were he came from.

This is the dumbest post I've seen in a while. If he forgot where he came from wouldn't he have just stayed home instead of going to Freedom? Why would he drive there with his hauler if he didn't plan on hooking? The track was garbage and you think he should hook just to make you happy? You think he's a big budget guy who can afford to destroy his tires for one local hook? He drives a delivery truck for a living and he's on a very limited budget and he can't afford to ruin things for your enjoyment.

He runs on less money and less boost than any other top competitor in the lss class and keeps beating the high dollar teams and there are alot of jealous pullers looking to figure out why they can get around him with 20-30 more lbs of boost.

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 11:20AM
Define 'hemi style head'. is it if the spark plugs are placed in the top center of the bore? is it the valve angle in relation to the cylinder bore centerline? is it the shape of the combustion chamber? or does it have to have all those things to be considered 'hemi style'? please clarify for us.

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 02:00PM
Maybe they changed it, but the NTPA LSS rule was parallel valves and within a couple of degrees of the bore axis (I can't remember the exact number). That eliminates anything resembling the Hemi or BBC valve layout, but says nothing about the plug location.

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 14, 2014 05:04PM
It's a frickin Bamber head. Perfectly legal anywhere. The reason the hood rarely gets opened is because mr blazes swarms it. $800 1st place doesn't go too far against a set of tires. Mite wanna google what they cost since you have prolly never stroked a check for a set, ESP Watcher

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 15, 2014 07:32AM
to OMG

1 st I think at the state level is only around $600-650 to win

2 nd I have bought new tires and wheels (old style 10 ply & new style 2000 HP's ) hope that gives you a clue how long I have been in this sport not just keyboard puller. pullers don't hook to make people happy. they hook because they love the sport and the fans. Most pullers put those things first. after all the fans are why the pullers are their. so I would say hurray for the purchased tractors for trying to put on a show. oh yeah don't give me the budget line. anyone that is running that caliber isn't on much of a budget. but as I said before great job on what he has done (Jason) hope he can keep up the great job.

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 16, 2014 12:19AM
Im sorry. Did i miss the point here? Why are you talking @#$%& about Hootman? Has he done something wrong other than play to win when he could?

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 15, 2014 10:54AM
Just on ppl champions tour blazes finished in front of the commander 10 times with an average of 28 feet. Commander finished in front of blazes only 3 times with a average of 22 feet. So why would he want to look under your hood? Seems if you had nothing to hide you wouldn't be paranoid !

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 15, 2014 11:24AM
if he lifts the hood what will you see? can you see the angle of the valves with the hood up? how can you see through the valve cover or the head????? WOW that's amazing eye sight if you can!!!!!!!!! must be those x-ray glasses you bought as a kid!!!

try and get a look under the hood of Chizeks tractors and see how that goes or any of Josh and Terrys motors for that matter. does that mean they are cheating?? and all their customers are too???

pretty sure the commander hood was lifted at louisville after his pass to cool it down incase there was a pull off! didnt your x-ray glasses reach that far? seen him take the side panels off plenty of times before a pull off to do cool down. jealous much?

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 15, 2014 12:04PM
FYI ALL Five ltss at the Enderle pulled with PPL four of the five hold a ppl champions license so don't single out Jason Hootman he supported ntpa when he could. In fact he supported the NTPA grand national more than I did. Congrats to Jason!

Re: Jason Hootman wins the Enderle September 17, 2014 12:05AM
Did not see the new hauler, but the one he started the season was nothing fancy!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520