Air Bags September 15, 2014 12:49PM
Anyone want to venture a guess how long it is until NTPA rescinds the airbag rule? I say by Monday Sept. 22 it will be deleted. I like the rest of the changes, but the air bags make no sense.

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:07PM
Because some are not as honest as others, meaning drop the bags to gain more hitch. I guess that means the silver bullet has to change his front end....

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:15PM
There isn't anybody out there dropping the air out of them. 1. dumping the air doesn't raise it that much and 2 it would be pretty obvious if a tractor finished its run and the front end was on the ground. Lets call this what it is. A bunch of Prostock guys crying that they might get beat by something they don't have. This rule should get repealed before they run off more loyal supporters.

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:19PM
The airbags affect hitch-height a lot less than you would think. They just take a lot of unnecessary stress off of the chassis. Keep running people off NTPA great business plan. What all tractors does this affect?
Phillips LSS
Lustik heavy super
Moss pro
Barbee LSS

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:43PM
Masterson 2pros

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:51PM
wow seven tractors out of a thousand that don't have it and don't wont it do the math yes thousand cause if let go it will bleed into all classes go NTPA

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:52PM
from pumped up to completely deflated our bags change the hitch 1/4 of an inch i am NOT saying we deflate them when we pull we just were curious and wanted to find out.

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:59PM
Some of the prostock guys have no idea what good this does for lighter tractors. take 4,000 pounds off your tractor and see why we have them on. We just put them on this year and the very first run they saved our ass when the motor quit when the tractor was on its wheelie bars

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 01:55PM
There's more tractors with air bags on the front end than you think. Both Masterson's pro stocks, Overmyer's Bad Company light pro and Boldry's Smoke Fever limited pro. I think Boersens may have them too and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. Seems to save on frame and front axle damage. I don't understand why you'd want to ban them. Its not like the guys that run them have an unfair advantage. Makes no sense to me.

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 02:25PM
Tell us why the NTPA deleated them from the 2WD trucks some years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 03:00PM
ADD Mark Peissig an Chris Pichler to the list.

Re: Air Bags September 15, 2014 03:29PM
..was Wilhite's Blue Blazes active in NTPA or just PPL? I believe he has them as well.

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 03:26AM
I have been told by very knowledge people that if you drop the front end skis on the ground you will raise the drawbar up 1/4 inch and no more than 1/2 inch. Not sure how much in inches you can deflate the front airbags, however you can not go lower than what your front skies allow.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 04:04AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 04:17AM
Install coilovers problem solved.

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 04:22AM
Sorry mark but your two tractors in wisconsin dont leave wisconsin so i guess WTPA lost two tractors. Darn

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 09:38AM
I guess you forgot about the 5 titles that our two tractors won huh? And for your information the reason we did not leave the state of Wisconsin is because we were getting the air bags put on along with 100 other different things for sorry for us not wanting to drive 1000 miles just to get our buts kicked!!

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 09:43AM
And Besides Pichlers will be gone then two, so without those three tractors in the WTPA the light super class will die.

Sorry to burst your bubble kid September 16, 2014 11:08AM
The light super class was there before your dad and Kevin and it will be there after they are gone. I can understand wanting to defend your dad not traveling due to waiting on parts. Pulling classes are cyclical, right now the lights are as strong as ever. Count how many top notch light supers are pulling on any given night between PPL, NTPA, Empire, Mid-Sourh etc. Plenty of iron to go around. All the ntpa member states have to do is vote to allow them at their state events. States have been coming up with their own deviation of rules. So go to WTPA and pass a variance of rules allowing them at state sanctioned events.

Re: Sorry to burst your bubble kid September 16, 2014 11:29AM
Really the light super is doing great huh? considering that 3 years ago there was 3 light supers in WTPA competition. so if my dad and kevin wouldnt have stayed home where would that class be now? and what you probably dont realize is that alot more tractors in the light super have air ride that what you think

Re-read Young Tim September 16, 2014 12:24PM
All you have to do is go to your state meeting, write a variant rule from the NTPA rule-book, present your case to the WTPA club. All you have to do is tell your state board all the pullers that will no longer be pulling and the rule will get changed. Ohio formerly NTPA sanctioned OSTPA used to write variant rules all the time. HSTPA didn't allow components for almost 10 years after NTPA did. Air bags are not an SFI rule so the states have and can vary the rule book to suit their own interests. You just can't vary from safety, you couldn't make a rule saying SFI clutches are not required. So their you have it young squire, the first step in your quest to have them relegalized by NTPA

No variance please... September 16, 2014 04:57PM
I think the airbag rule is a really bad decision. I've done the math on here before and I included a CAD drawing at one point and Bob Barbee has verified my past calculations, but I want to argue that even if you think they are an advantage there might be another side to that. It could be argued that they actually lose drawbar height more than they gain and just might be a drawbar disadvantage… here's how… a rigid front axle does not push the front upward as the weight gets transferred back and the rear tires load and the front comes off the ground. The axle is rigid and therefore it can't continue to push up. However and air ride front end will continue to actually PUSH upward and lower your hitch height until it reaches the end of its travel stroke and the wheels are off the ground. This all happens during the initial hole shot when you're first hooking the tires to the track. Watch any air ride front on youtube and you can actually see it happen. The frontend continues to extend and PUSH through its entire shock stroke. It could be argued that if used in a completely legal fashion there may be a very, very slight disadvantage regarding drawbar height with air bags, and if someone attempted to cheat with one it would be negated by the upward pushing of the front axle previously mentioned.

I do think they offer a safety advantage and I think they will slightly smooth a rough ride. But banning them is akin to banning pneumatic front tires, because you could accomplish the same thing with overinflated/tall front tires and simply dropping the air after you scale. To everyone with air bags, please keep them on and please vote with your feet and pull PPL. If the NTPA won't support logic on this issue then why should you support them?

If the work around is asking for a member state variance then what exactly with the purpose of the NTPA? Wasn't it originally founded to unify the rules from multiple fractured organizations? I know the state variance has happened for years but that doesn't make it right.

Loyalty is an interesting thing and it's a two way street, why be loyal to any organization who isn't loyal to your best interests.

Air bags aren't necessary to run, they aren't a performance advantage, and the don't detract from the show quality. They are a safety advantage and they are easier on equipment. Not one of those things is a reason to ban them.

As a side note, the NTPA LSS class is almost dead, having tractors like Blue Blazes, Stormy, Tennessee Tracks, Insanity, The Bomb, Red Thunder not come to some of your shows… well just cancel the LSS class next summer because it might be worse than it was this year! PPL ought to have a great season.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Lil long winded September 16, 2014 05:57PM
You can kick the dead horse of member state variance all you want, the truth is the states have always done their own thing because WPI has never taken control of their product. Why does NTPA exist, if they were so great there would be no competition. That's a whole different debate for a different day. Tell me this, where is NHRA's opposing sanctioning body? Heck for that matter where is monster trucks opposing sanctioning body? You really want to get down to the uniformity of rules debate? Spare me your utopian pulling ideals. The problem wasn't created over night and it won't go away over night either. Not until WPI has new leadership and the inmates stop running the asylum.

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 04:53AM
If the biggest worry is the drawbar height wouldn't you have the same issue with coil sprigs and maybe worse if a competitor moved weight off the nose of the tractor before drawbar inspection allowing the springs to extend mechanically and then move it back compressing them back down thus raising the hitch height . Nobody is going to let there air bags all the way down and then raise them up to lower there drawbar . The only way you can help drawbar is if the front end is higher and then you get it to go back down that is the reason you can't have a air compressor on the tractor so you can't raise them who cares how low they want to drop them when they are doing drawbars . The point is the hitch needs to be 20"when were done pulling check a few afterwards and I think this is not as big of issue as is getting made out to be

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 05:01AM
This should be known as the Brad Moss rule and help our builders friends we like rule !!!!!

Re: Air Bags when sitting on front skies raises drawbar no more than September 16, 2014 07:44AM

Rules, since they have been put into place (especially ridiculous ones) have been a source for pullers to work off of and be creative to gain an advantage.

If someone really wants to cheat 3/8 of an inch, just replace the airbags with hydraulic coil overs (NTPA legal). Took less than a day to find a way around a foolish rule.

Cheaters will always be cheaters. For the rest of us, let progression and technology advance our sport!!

Air Ride Front suspension. September 16, 2014 04:29AM
I'm simply going address the mechanics of the issue.

Due to the short distance (18") of the Hook point behind the pivot point ( rear axle centerline), the drawbar can only move .300 of an inch in height. Keep in mind this is from Maxed out air pressure with nose higher than a Puller would actually run his vehicle, to the ski bars on the ground (literally sitting in the dirt) lower than any Puller would actually run his vehicle, so to this point you actually have a window of approx. 3/16 (.188) of an inch that is useable to alter drawbar height! These are actual measurements of what the Tractors real world do, not my cad drawings which show approx. .450 total possible movement, which we are not achieving. These numbers have been verified at multiple locations on multiple vehicles by both head Tech officials of both organizations. And my input as a builder was not requested at the Urbana meetings. Also with coil over shocks in place, if a competitor sets drawbar with 300lbs on back of tractor then before running moves that weight to front of Puller, you just achieved the same effect this ruling is addressing!

Bob Barbee (Stormy) NTPA #1535,(Willy Makit) NTPA# 2920
Full Pull Motorsports

Re: Air Ride Front suspension. September 16, 2014 08:45AM
So let me get this straight, Blackbourn loses his front wheel at Sandwich and nearly hits the front end of a IH 660 and Ntpa decides that air bags just must not be a safety concern...I actually would have expected them to make them mandatory!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 12:07PM by benk.

Re: Air Ride Front suspension. September 16, 2014 08:56AM
bob,havent these been in use a few yrs now??

Re: Air Ride Front suspension. September 16, 2014 10:36AM
We did Young Buck in 2009! I have over 20 units in chassis and being installed since that date. Whats next no intercoolers? No Big Blocks? Big Blocks seem to be a performance advantage at the moment.

what the real reason they where outlawed September 16, 2014 12:53PM
If what I read on here is true and the hitch only moved 3/16 of an inch whats the real reason for the rule change. Not trying to start trouble just want to know the truth. What did the committee hear that will help us understand why.

Air Ride Front suspension September 16, 2014 05:24AM
Anybody ever heard of coilover? Would do the same job as air bags but somewhat take the possiblity of people using the bags to raise or lower the hitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 09:18AM by Jake Morgan.

Air Ride Front suspension September 16, 2014 06:01AM
Coilovers have adjustable spring perchs on them, so with the turn of a spanner wrench you can raise or lower the front no problem! Again moving the hitch 3/16 of an inch!

BB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 09:19AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 16, 2014 11:54AM
I'm no expert but if there afraid of hitch hight why not make those with air bags weigh in and have there draw checked with the air bags deflated then let them air up before they hook, that would eliminate all doubt to a hitch hight advantage through there run..seems like an easy fix without loosing any tractors..

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 16, 2014 12:22PM
Just use a wrench and move your hich. It wont take 10 minutes to ditch the airbags and weld in something solid AND QUIT CRYING

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 16, 2014 11:02AM
I have Jeff Hirt's old "Running Bare" chassis which has and older style of bags under it, had intentions of taking them out when we bought chassis from him but as we ran out of time getting ready for 2012  season we ended up leaving them, now since running them I am a believer that on a bad run when we have missed weight they are wonderful because when the front comes down it does not hit as hard and jump right back up ,had it happen once this year at a Hoosier state pull , with that being said I inflate them with air from trailer before event to 80 lbs and have a  quarter turn shut off valve to hold air no other way to bleed off, this is all under the hood up front,as far as hitch height that will vary a small amount but as it seems to me when tractor is hooked to sled that is weighting 50,000 lbs and a chain that runs at an angle to the ground hooked to an 8,000 lb tractor then there is going to be no way  as long as there is pull on the chain for there to be any advantage there. I am sure if all of us look at the bottom of our skis they have all been shined at some point, how high is that drawbar at that time? Especially when not all skis are same height. I think more concerning are the tractors going across scales with aluminum weights and real weights in tow vehicle some how they get mixed up after scales.anyway this is a lot for someone with no typing skills to write I'm not gonna say that we won't change our system but I also believe Hoosier state and region 2 can't stand to loose tractors if anyone believes this will gain tractors I think they would also believe pulling is profitable for the pullers and promoters. Thanks Morgan's for the place to have these discussions

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 16, 2014 05:09PM
Chris, thanks for the great post. Maybe we should make a list of guys who can't run with the NTPA unless they change or unless the rule changes (personally I'd encourage those pullers not to change and to just hook elsewhere)

Light Super (Most of those guys never get to run a 20" drawbar anyway)
Blue Blazes
Stormy
Tennessee Tracks
Insanity
The Bomb
Red Thunder

Pro Stock
River Rat
Tinker Toy
Greenline Express
Greenline Express II (heard a rumor that two new ones are ordered with air ride on them as well)
Green With Envy
Youngbuck

DSS
Afterburner

OSS
Silverbullet

Light Pro
Bad Company

Limited Pro
Smoke Fever
Fast and Furious 4.1 Edition aka Faster and More Furious

Super Farm
Fast and Furious Aired Up

If you can think of any others in any classes or being built please let me know and I'll add them to the list. The one thing I'm not seeing on this list are any tractors that are dominating the NTPA... odd.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 17, 2014 12:50AM
Tim Overmyer's new Sandhill Binder component chassis that's being built has an air ride front end and I'm pretty sure they planned on putting one on the Ag chassis eventually when it gets switched to a light pro from what I was told.

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 17, 2014 03:35AM
From PPL rule book under Chassis pg 9,

3-- Suspension systems with air must utilize a self-contained system with the following components: Maximum of three pneumatic lines or hoses and one pressure gauge mounted on suspensions manifold system. Electrical wires are prohibited.

This is looked at by tech guys at PPL, I have been asked before to see my system multiple times. This is how its policed. NTPA could have easily followed suit to something such as this to address the issue of onboard systems allowing changing of pressure.

Fact is the board was lied to by one of the directors about the ability of my system to alter Drawbar height, and emotions roaring the board made a decision, uninformed! NTPA is full of smart people, Larry Richwine is at the top of that list, I hope once everyone cools down and thinks it through, another rule is put into place to address the possibility of changing ride heights during competition, because as you can see from posts on here, this is also easily achievable with a coil over system. I am not telling anyone to not attend a NTPA event if this rule stands, I will come up with a system that is legal for time being until cooler heads prevail and air is welcome again. If I was a Prostock or SF Puller I would be far more concerned about everyone complying with the cubic inch limit of the classes then I would be about air rides, neither organization has any means of checking motors other than a Protest and tear down, and very few Pullers would consider such.

Also, I am a PPL Precommit competitor, but I also pull NTPA anytime I possibly can. I was at BG this year, and Hazel Green Alabama, and made 2 NTPA state hooks with Mid South this season. I support both organizations, and we need 2 strong top level org. I have stated what I hear from pullers as simple economical changes that need be made very soon, so pullers can see NTPA trying and not jump ship and cause a huge problem for NTPA and their Promoters. I have held a NTPA Compettion liscense since 2004 and will continue to do so for many years to come.

Bob Barbee NTPA # 1535

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 04:11AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 17, 2014 03:30PM
It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind their decision to ban the bags. Think we'll ever know?

Re: Air Ride Front suspension September 17, 2014 11:26AM
Technology is what makes this sport fun to watch!! The unlimited super stock class wouldn't be where it is with out Brent Long and Terry Blackbourn. Bob Barbee makes some of the best chassis out there. Its nice when pullers want to up the game by using technology. Look at this country if it wouldn't been for Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Isnt nice to be able to chat with your pulling friends on here or ask questions. The air ride makes since to run. It saves the chassis and the motor. I would lose a little movable weight to have the air ride

Re: Air Bags September 17, 2014 06:05AM

Hi,
re: hitch height and fake weights
Why don't the associations just put the scale (or scales) as close to the starting line as possible and make you weigh in, get the hitch height checked, and go directly to the track and make your hook, and then have another platform at the end of the track to re-measure the hitch height after your run?
If they are serious about the rules, and enforcing them, this would be a good way of doing it.
Not checking cubic inches?
If you are not going to check them then get rid of the restrictions!
I am very much a person who believes that if you are not going to enforce a rule, then get rid of that rule!
And, I have little patience for the normal excuses (too hard too do, too much work, increased logistics, etc.) because if an organization wants to be the best and the biggest, they need to put on their big boy pants and get it done.
Remember, actions always speak louder than words!

Later .......

Re: Air Bags September 17, 2014 06:18AM
Would be a real goat rodeo having the scales right before the track. If you think pulls are slow now...

Re: Air Bags September 17, 2014 09:53AM
I have always thought it would be easier if everybody scaled off the track, obviously distance enough to clear it comfortably, but not enough to be able to perform any changes prior to going on the scales. Would be alot easier to police weight, hitch etc regardless of airbags, aluminum weights, whatever the case may be.....if you're overweight, drawbar too tall, you'd be dq'd....just sayin'

............of course this goes with the assumption that you check your weight prior to staging, and have appropriate drawbar, air bags set, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 11:07AM by FarmersFun.

Who needed the air bag rule changed September 17, 2014 12:24PM
Who thought it needed changed to start with and why!!

pool on when the will NTPA overturn airbag rule September 17, 2014 07:13AM
here is everyones chance to guess the date that NTPA will over turn the airbag rule.

my guess Oct 3rd

to nathan binder September 17, 2014 03:03PM
I agree 100% with your post. you are spot on.

Air ride guys September 18, 2014 03:22AM
These are the competitors this ruling affects, please forgive spelling if I misspelled your name.

Jordan Lustik
Gettinger (Afterburner)
Brad Bouldry
Tim Overymeyer PS
Tim Overmeyer LP
Rodney Schnitker
Ed Orrell
Brad Moss
Mike Wilhite
Larry Phillips
Mark Peissig
Kevin Lynn
Chris Pichler
Jay Hanning
Jay Fuqay
Don Slama SF
Don Slama SF2
Corey Roberts
Chris Wagel
Dennis Boersen
Ross Boersen
Denny Brown
Don Masterson
Kevin Masterson
Ken Burkett
Todd Maedge
John Hancock
Lee Jensen
Bob Barbee

There are 3 I sold in a package to Tim Overmeyer and I don't know who receieved them.
And I have 3 in chassis in shop, and 5 standalone front axle change overs scheduled right now, and do not wish to list their names at this time
Also 1 trade in chassis in shop For Sale at this moment ( Former Insanity).

Total 41 Tractors

Bob Barbee
Full Pull Motorsports

Re: Air ride guys September 18, 2014 03:42AM
so you are kind of busy at the moment!

Re: Air ride guys September 18, 2014 11:10AM
Bob, I hope you didn't give a money back guarantee with ea set if they someday became illegal?

Re: Air ride guys September 18, 2014 12:11PM
Man this is hilarious all the bickering over a fifty buck fix guys fixem and grow up

Re: Air ride guys September 18, 2014 12:39PM
maybe the guys that bought air ride want them and do not want to change. and maybe they don't like to bogus information that was used to pass the rule

Re: Air ride guys September 18, 2014 01:08PM
We don't always get what we want .More pullers did not want them than those who did NTPA stood up for the pullers the way all orgs should do not cater to Joe Blow because he thinks hes somebody somebody had Guts to stand up for what the majority wanted

Re: Air Bags September 18, 2014 01:27PM
I think this is a Lemke and Cain rule. Who else would care about it. Let's let the sport progress.

Re: Air Bags September 18, 2014 01:48PM
What makes you think they care? Must been something you heard . You sound real positive about them being the whole problem why you can't have your air bags.

Re: Air Bags September 18, 2014 02:08PM
Man do you call it progress when you cant get 10 supers together at the same place and when you do they have progressed so much two cant tighten the chain and three pops at 190 .Theres so much progress you have to keep a spare engine in the hauler progress has priced a lot of pullers out

Re: Air Bags September 18, 2014 02:32PM
funny
Man do you call it progress when you cant get 10 supers together at the same place and when you do they have progressed so much two cant tighten the chain and three pops at 190 .Theres so much progress you have to keep a spare engine in the hauler progress has priced a lot of pullers out

You just said a mouthful and more!

Re: Air Bags September 18, 2014 03:08PM
[moorephotosmn.smugmug.com]. I rest my case!!!

Re: Air Bags September 18, 2014 10:29PM
Did he get dq'd because of the lost wheel or the excessive hitch height? Looks like he gained about 10"...cheater. haha

Change in hitch height, in a few simple words. September 19, 2014 05:19AM
Think about hitch height in this manner:

Picture a tractor with a 114 inch wheelbase, and an imaginary level line that starts at centerline of the front axle and ends at 114 inches past the rear axle centerline. The centerline of the front axle is also 20 inches in height off the ground, for the sake of illustration. To get a 2 inch change in "hitch height," you'll have to lower the front axle 2 inches to see two inches of change, and that extra two inches of hitch height can only be observed at one spot--114 inches PAST the centerline of the rear axle.

Who runs an 8 foot hitch?

Where your rear axle is the pivot point, 18 inches beyond that in simple mathematical terms cannot possibly create a two inch change from a two inch alteration of height at the front axle. Just think of a teeter-totter and the relationship of one end (hitch point) to the other (front axle centerline). This is as simple a means to explain it, and with most LSS guys at 18 inches of height its hard to make any argument for a hitch going past 20 inches, even with the skids on the ground. A teeter-totter has a 1:1 relationship in height change from one end to the other, and this is no different. Two inches of change on the front axle equals, at 57 inches behind rear axle centerline, a 1 inch variance. 28.5 inches behind rear axle? Half-inch. Does this clear the air enough, especially when the tires are off the ground during a hook 6-12 inches? The working hitch height of a LSS in motion is going to be in the neighborhood of 17.75 inches with a static height of 18 inches. Don't take up the argument with me, take it up with a tape measure, a teeter-totter and math laws.

Re: Change in hitch height, in a few simple words. September 19, 2014 09:33AM
Good analogy Brian,hope every one can see the small factor it has overall. New topic please !!!!!!

Re: Change in hitch height, in a few simple words. September 19, 2014 07:57PM
why not check the hitches after the hook instead of b4,that would end the problem,and the issue of replacing the fake wts with real wts,locally we have to weigh out every tractor gets the hitch checked and weighed out

Re: Change in hitch height, in a few simple words. September 21, 2014 04:25PM
I hear all this discussion about higher hitch heights. Do the math , the cad drawings the animations, and the issue is right there for you to see and all you guys can come up with is a 1/2 in higher hitch. They are not trying to bury the nose and run with a high hitch, not at all. When was the last run you saw with these high speed sleds where the front of the tractor is on the skis for 300 feet??????? They are actually got the front end pointed at the sky, and flying down the track. In that situation the hitch will be much lower not higher. You should look at these air bags as a spring board.. Give it some thought and maybe you will see just whats going on. Planting the tires, requires the weight of the tractor to be transferred on to the rear axles.

Re: Air Bags September 20, 2014 08:20AM
Anyone have any pictures of any frontends with air ride ? I havent seen one before and are curious..

Re: Air Bags September 20, 2014 01:23PM
Here's the gordyville raffle giveaway...

Re: Air Bags September 20, 2014 04:48PM
Anybody ever heard of coilovers? Should work perfect for your "Safety" problems and bolt in place of existing air struts. Also rules out possibility of somebody letting the air out of the bags for hitch height.

Re: Air Bags September 21, 2014 01:06AM
Hey me, thanks for pointing out what absolutely nobody else has mentioned or thought of yet, you are a great problem solver..........no doubt everybody will be happy and satisfied with that solution and we will all live happily ever after......the end.

Re: Air Bags September 21, 2014 07:50AM
Pulloff definitely needs a "like" key. If you are worried about copyright litigation call it the "hell yes" key. You have my permission!

Re: Air Bags September 21, 2014 09:13AM
This may be a little off the wall, but has anyone thought about using coilovers to replace the airbags?

Re: Air Bags September 21, 2014 09:28AM
your stupidity shows in your words guys,we can be much more productive with some reasonable thought process.Most pullers are farmers or were,we have little respect as it is,so let's limit the gun powder and lead we give others to use against us as a group and individuals,we feed the world and no one cares,so can we at least pull as a well rounded respectful group. I MADE A FUNNY AND PUN ,---" PULL TOGETHER" NOW THAT'S SOME FUNNY SH*T RIGHT THERE,NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,733, Posts: 229,866, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM