Air Bag Idea September 18, 2014 03:02AM
Since this isn't an SFI or safety issue, why not let each class vote on whether it is allowed in that class?

If LSS guys want it let it go.

The ruling would be a 3 year rule then and revisit when that time frame has expired with the current members then.

No lines, no electrical, no compressors. Schrader valve only, 1 per bag.

Also along with that ruling stipulate the NTPA will not be the police on the use of the airbags. The class if they want it will have to police it themselves and NTPA will only intervene if an actual protest is brought forward.

If a class does not currently allow them then that ruling stays the same. (truck classes?)

To me this seems to really affect the LSS guys the most and I can understand their concern. There are nights that we have perfect tracks and this is a non issue, and there are nights we hit a track that doesn't hold together and there are holes that unload the balance. Also an Alky tractor could be on a perfect nose up run and if the ignition skips a beat and down comes the front, sometimes pretty violently.

Just a thought I had that would take NTPA out of the way some on this rule and let the classes put it to a vote and police it themselves.

Now if PPL is really to follow suit as rumored only, then things change a little.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 03:10AM by AV.

Re: Air Bag Idea September 18, 2014 03:43AM
Did PPL say they would follow the NTPA on this, did they send a PPL spokesperson, send a letter, co-write the rule. Where did the idea that PPL was going to agree to the rule change come from? I've heard this said before, yet no one ever says where it came from.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Air Bag Idea September 18, 2014 07:00AM
Read it on one of the forums, so it's gotta be true. Spinning

Does it change anything if that far stretching rumor would become true?

I merely brought it up as speculation. IF it were true then I don't see any change coming on the airbag issue. If not true, then offered a solution that could work on the NTPA side of things.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 07:07AM by AV.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro