Hauler Opinion September 19, 2014 01:29PM
I'm looking for to change how I haul my Limited Pro. Currently using a gooseneck with a Duramax Diesel pickup. I was thinking about going to a rollback. The reason is my Duramax has been in the shop every few weeks for DEF issues or sensor issues. I would just buy a gas truck and then get a used roll back to haul my tractor. Looking for opinions on using a roll back... Thanks!

Re: Hauler Opinion September 19, 2014 02:43PM
Rollback, yes, gasser? NO!

Re: Hauler Opinion September 19, 2014 03:05PM
i'd look for a cheap old moving truck and keep her out of the weather. something like this might be worth a look; [columbus.craigslist.org] the cab over part stinks but with some ramps you have something to keep the bugs off your puller and a place to go when it rains.

Re: Hauler Opinion September 19, 2014 04:38PM
Take that Chevy to a good diesel shop and remove that def stuff no more def trouble and better mileage you will love it. There should be lots of diesel pickup pullers on this site that know how to go about it just ask.

Re: Hauler Opinion September 19, 2014 11:11PM
Well don't laugh, but I got mad one day an called bully dog. What a mistake! They gave me the 3rd degree for 10 minutes and then it was NO! Like you said... Good diesel shopi guess. I didn't think about a moving truck. Thank you for all the advise...

Re: Hauler Opinion September 20, 2014 12:27AM
Get a good 4" exhaust for it. FLO PRO will make a kit that is downpipe back for that year. The get a tune from EFI live for it. You will be much happier. We usee Duramax tuner for ours. They can help you with any questions you may have. They can even put you in touch with an EFI live shop in your area.

They have an option for dpf and egr delete tunes. Then just need to slip in Egr blocker plate and you have the truck u need without the current headaches.

What year is it? 2011?

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 12:30AM by AV.

Re: Hauler Opinion September 20, 2014 12:41AM
Yes... It's a 2011. Have u done the def delete?

Re: Hauler Opinion September 20, 2014 04:57AM
Yes it's a simple process. We have done many. The Def portion just gets unplugged. Change exhaust and upload EFI live file.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Hauler Opinion September 21, 2014 02:22AM
Go with a low pro straight truck so that your not too tall and you could still use the truck for other uses.

Re: Hauler Opinion September 21, 2014 11:49PM
I may have what your looking for moving van box on a 95 KW give me a call 419-564-2904 Travis

Re: Hauler Opinion September 22, 2014 11:51AM
Stick With the Dmax. You can drive it 12 monts a year. My 07 pulls 2 4x4s at 6200 and a 4k 2wd all on a 48 footer going
over the cab. Get the basic exhaust changed and eliminate some of the other (def, egr) talk to your shop in person.

I run a Edge Juice. Larger muffler and cat back. Keep the factory airbox... most guys will not clean the open style filters.
If it is a single wheel short bed consider the dually long bed it is a big step up plus larger fuel tank.
Consider the a/c also if you go every night in july and august.

Mike

Re: Hauler Opinion September 22, 2014 12:52PM
Well the truck went in again today. It wasn't the Def this time, bad number 5 glow plug. I'm hoping this will be it for a while. I need to do something not sure what, cause I still have warranty and don't ask me why but I bought the extended warranty also. But thank you for the help.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro