tractor pulling honor sysyem September 26, 2014 02:12AM
now the ntpa has the honor system for clutch's, fuel, water. But airbags,,,no,,,does any one really think that you could hid the wires, valves, switchs to raise and lower your front end when you are driving down the track. Some how the puller is gona reach under the seat to move a switch. Who on the board fell for this line of crap.Who believed 2inchs. Don't youa think you just might notice the front of the tractor being 4 inches lower when they pulled him of the track. Was this a builder rule or a puller rule. seems like it helped one builder and hurt one builder. The PS class is so worried about something so dumb, or was it to keep out certain pullers. \
And when was the last time a PS was checked for cubic inches, maybe never!!!!! I'll bet some guys are pushing 800.......The bigger problem is traction control in some of the classes, or is that also on the honor system?????

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem September 26, 2014 05:21AM
Haha the words honor system and tractor pulling don't belong together, I'm not saying there aren't honest pullers but if you give some an inch they'll take a mile the same holds true with any competitive sport .

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem September 26, 2014 08:06AM

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem September 26, 2014 09:19AM
Ya start with replicate blocks few years ago because someone is makin thier own ya might as well had thrown out the book then!

NTPA put airbag rule on hold September 29, 2014 05:03AM
Ha there "beat" I guess the dead horse came back to life. The NTPA put the rule on hold till 2015 meeting for 2016 rules

NTPA tech.

Re: NTPA put airbag rule on hold September 29, 2014 06:50AM
Have any of you ever thought, if I could just get the front end to come up?

Take the bouncer out of a pogo stick and it's like trying to jump a rock. Put an air bag on it and you can launch it.

You now have a whole year to flood the market with these devices and then they will be here forever. Just keep spending others money. Money some of you don't have. You are really dreaming, if you think the benefit is to get a higher hitch. It's to get a lower hitch. Just try thinking once instead of listening to pit rumors. .

Good Move by the NTPA September 29, 2014 09:44AM
I applaud the NTPA for stepping back and taking another look at the airbag rule. While I believe the rule was made with every good intention, the vote was based on flawed data concerning the potential to cheat while running an airbag front end system. I know people are going to say that the NTPA caved into the vocal minority, I believe that quite the opposite is true. I think they listened to their stake holders, they listened to what pullers, builders and I believe some board members said concerning this rule. They showed the courage to table the rule until the 2015 rules meeting.

I think the rule making process needs to be revamped, it seems that the process would work better if there was a meeting at the Enderle to hash out the rules for each class and then at the Annual Banquet there is a vote on the rule changes. Make it a three step process, take the proposals from pullers and class rep, discuss them at the Enderle and vote on them at the to the Annual Banquet This would give not only the NTPA but also any concerned party's time to decide about any rule change.The rule making process now is to hasty, someone says the drawbar can go up 2 inches and no one at the meeting has anytime to check out the information. There needs to be a better process.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Good Move by the NTPA September 29, 2014 02:29PM
Dick I think your right about the two meetings but it should be sooner maybe the first meeting at BG then the final at enderle. It takes a lot of time and hard to get parts that late to be ready for the next season.

Re: NTPA put airbag rule on hold September 29, 2014 10:52PM
Don't have airbags, probably will not add them, and not NTPA puller.

Your analogy is wrong. To simulate coming off the line you need to compare standing on a compressed pogo stick and jumping vs standing on a post and jumping. Even that doesn't work the same because when you push off with your jump you will further compress the spring giving a rebound boost, on the tractor there is only a net lift reaction from the differential and hitch.

Did you ever think about those wide front tires that so many have gone to? Better ban them too because they provide a softer spring rate than smaller tires too.

Re: NTPA put airbag rule on hold September 30, 2014 10:48AM
Deere puller, You're missing the point. It's got to do with sprung weight and unsprung weight. Have you ever drove vehicles with air bags? They float, you can go down the road and get the suspension to raise and lower by playing with the go pedal. Put air bags on the front of these vehicles, like trucks and motorhomes and driving them gets rather tricky. Watch an air ride trailer brake for a stop light and see how much it raises after the driver releases the brakes.

In drag racing some classes don't allow exotic suspensions and those cars let the front suspension move as much as possible. They launch with the front 3 feet in the air. It's the only way for them to hook up. On cars with sophisticated suspensions the front is very restricted, if not fixed. Those cars are able to plant the tires with the suspension. Just using different shocks will allow full fast travel of the front end, while others will slow the rise down, and holding the front end down.

Didn't any of you play with dirt bikes or 4 wheelers. Even snowmobiles ???????????????????? Disable any suspension valving on a motorcycle with air forks and let us know how well that worked for you.

Re: NTPA put airbag rule on hold October 01, 2014 06:49AM
Maybe this is what some people are thinking of

[www.youtube.com]

Re: NTPA put airbag rule on hold September 29, 2014 09:49PM
Don't know that there is a rule on maximum length, just minimum.

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem September 29, 2014 09:39AM
I wood half to agree whit wake up boys. Me watched at puller wif air bags take off front Poped up soon as he lest the clutch out.

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem September 29, 2014 03:02PM
Going to do a experiment but need some info. What is the wheel base of a prostock to the center of the real axle and what is the maximum distance the hitch is allowed to be back.

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem September 30, 2014 04:13AM
They should've done the same on the V8 rule in lss

Re: tractor pulling honor sysyem October 01, 2014 06:01AM

Hi,

re: "wake up boys"

Wow, I can't tell if w-u-b is serious or not...
If he is serious he must have slept through every science/physics class he ever had.
There is little/no comparison between a pulling vehicle and a drag car, or air ride truck, or motorcycle.
The only thing that could be said about drag racing and pulling is the goal of getting the front wheels off the ground so that all the vehicle's weight is on the rear wheels.
As far as the air bag rule, I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
A sealed system; one valve to put air in or let air out; no other wires, switches, pumps, or plumbing; tech people that actually check each tractor; and I think it would be no big deal.

Later .......

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009