roller lifters September 27, 2014 12:11AM
What size (dia) are 619 roller lifters? Who sells the best ones?

Re: roller lifters September 27, 2014 12:33AM
There is more than one size being used in the BBJD. One is a stock diameter that you can get from REI or just about anyone else and there is a larger diameter that requires the lifter bores to be machined and I believe Vogel is one of the places making those.

Keep in either one will require a groove to be machined in the lifter bore in order to keep the lifter from turning sideways and wiping out the cam.

Re: roller lifters September 27, 2014 06:08AM
I know there are some different sizes was just wanting to know what sizes are available never felt with a big block deere and its for a different application. Needing one around 1.12 dia.

Re: roller lifters September 27, 2014 08:53AM
Big block lifter bores in stock form are 1.125 inches. Vogel makes roller lifters to fit in the stock bore. They will also loan you the tool it takes to cut a half moon notch in the side of the lifter bore. I've also heard of others installing a bushing in the stock bore so a smaller diameter lifter from a different application can be used. I have Vogel's lifters in mine and am very happy. I believe they cost around $50 each and you have to leave a $500 deposit for the notching tool.

Re: roller lifters October 01, 2014 01:35AM
Lemke I think do too, they have .842,1.00, 1.125

Re: roller lifters October 01, 2014 10:53AM
Will ones from say Jegs for a 350 Chevy hold up or do they need to be heavier? Looking to put some in a 5.9 Cummins block.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason