Outlaw TV show September 29, 2014 11:08PM
Dave Bennett and myself are back in Bristol, TN at Masters Entertainment Group finishing up the first 6 episodes from Rock Valley, IA. The season premier of the 13 week series is this Friday at 2:30 central time on Velocity Channel (Dish 246 & Direct 281). Attached is the press release. Thanks, Doug
Attachments:
open | download - TV press release.docx (16.4 KB)

Re: Outlaw TV show September 30, 2014 05:04AM
Can't wait for the action

Re: Outlaw TV show September 30, 2014 06:58AM
Got to remind myself to set up the DVR!!

Re: Outlaw TV show October 01, 2014 11:12PM
Tomorrow at 2:30 pm central time

Re: Outlaw TV show October 03, 2014 12:40AM
dvr is set and ready to roll!!!!

Re: Outlaw TV show October 03, 2014 01:59AM
i like the fact i get to see some other pulling associations. There isn't many choices in Minnesota. not that Minnesota has bad pulling, we do have some of the best pullers in the country here, but its good to see different iron. Thank you Outlaws, Ntpa, and PPL for putting in the effort and resources for fans to enjoy.GrinningBeer

Re: Outlaw TV show October 03, 2014 04:13PM
Show was great! Fast moving, good mix of classes. dvr is set for rest of season.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 03, 2014 11:45PM
Thought it was great pull and reminded me of Jeff City pull this year. Outlaws run their TV show just like the pulls fast and long. Watched NTPA pull on TV the other day and it was Pro Stock tractors from somewhere in Minnesota and they took the whole 30 minute show to run 9 tractors. The Outlaw show had about 25 hooks from 3 different classes and lots of reruns and interviews. If you were at Jeff CIty you know what I am talking about.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 04, 2014 04:19AM
It was a nice show, fast and a lot of runs just like being at a Outlaw pull...1 little compliant I would prefer to hear the tractor through there run and not talk over them..

Re: Outlaw TV show October 04, 2014 06:35AM
Agree with watcher, decent show, set my DVR for entire season. BUT could do with less commentaters flapping gums. But got to start somepmace so its a good beginning.

B-R

Re: Outlaw TV show October 06, 2014 07:36AM
Good show but Please stop talking over the tractors. Its not as bad as the b.o.b. Show but still pretty bad

Re: Outlaw TV show October 06, 2014 04:20PM
Well what do people want? Some think the announcer makes the show or at least makes the show come together. Some like more runs in the episode, some appreciate the info from the announcer and others complain about to few hooks or the announcing. It is a 30 min slot how can you have both with out talking during the run?

Re: Outlaw TV show October 08, 2014 04:02PM
Honestly i really enjoy the NTPA show. Im a huge pulling fan of all levels but having guys like richwine and greg randall do most of the announcing really make it professional and more appealing. If only the ntpa show were on a bigger channel like b.o.b or outlaws. I understand trying to appeal to newcomers which is okay but if you dont get your facts straight its pretty sad

Re: Outlaw TV show October 09, 2014 01:46AM
while larry richwine does a good job as the head tech guy I don't think he does the tv stuff. I think greg randall and doc riley do the tv part.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 10, 2014 06:36AM
Watch it again. uncle larry does a tech segment on every show. A good thing to hear from someone who actually knows what hes talking about

Re: Outlaw TV show October 14, 2014 09:14AM
I just caught Rock Valley on DVR finally and I was really impressed. Sure, there were a few things to iron out but on the whole it was great. I really love the high definition picture. Looking forward to watching this weekly.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 15, 2014 02:44AM
I finally had a chance to watch the Rock Valley show, I liked it. I agree with most everyone else here that the pace was great. I thought I would dislike the announcers talking over the runs but I thought the audio blend was fine, you could hear the engines running as well. Plus, one run ends and they immediately cut to the beginning of the next run, and that's awesome. We've all seen a V blade grooming a race track a million times live, we don't need to see it on TV too.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 15, 2014 06:23AM
I went to pulls for 25 years and have been watching pulls on RFD TV for seems like about 10 years and these Outlaws pulls are twice as good. I agree with the last fellow the pace is great and the non stop action makes you hit the pause button if you get interrupted for something. Heck I have watched both pulls 3 or 4 times since they first showed because I might have missed something and waiting for Friday to watch another one. Can't remember watching a a RFD pull even twice. PPL pulls on TV is a little better than RFD but still nothing like this new kind of pulling. They are 1 hour long but don't think they have any more pulls than the new 1/2 hour show.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 07, 2014 12:57AM
I think its ok when they have some information for you but most of the time the tv announcers dont have anything they havent said about several pullers and many time dont know what they are talking about anyway

Re: Outlaw TV show October 08, 2014 02:47AM
Very classy show, much better than PPL or NTPA.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 09, 2014 01:53PM
Dave and I head back down to Bristol Sunday to work on the seven Wisner TV shows. I thought our first show went well and we have had a bunch of positive comments from pullers and sponsors. Each episode has improved since and look for some good things, especially next year when we are on NBC Sports. One of my biggest disappointments is some of the footage we have. In 2007 when we were on Outdoor Channel the film crew ran cables from each camera to the portable control room and I could go in there and look at the footage coming in and if didn’t like something they could change it. Well it is a different world we live in now and each camera has a card and you have no idea what they are filming till you get back to the studio to produce the show. The end cameramen at Rock Valley just stayed panned out to far and even though we had a camera for each track you could see both tracks and grandstands with each camera. To me that view was like sitting in the cheap seats at a ballgame. I had no idea about this till Dave and I went down to do the voice over and editing for the first show. It was just 2 weeks before it was to air and the show has to be turned in 2 weeks before air date. Not much we could do at that point, so decision was made to run longer on the first two cameras which makes for a lot of shots from behind the sled till we finally go to the end camera. That is not the view I really wanted but all we had time to do with first episode. Since then we have been able to zoom the end shot in more and help it some. Dave and Claude are working better together on each show and we have a great producer that has lots of good ideas for future shows. We also have people that no very little about tractor pulling sit in the room as we produce and they ask questions about different things that we take for granted and this has giving us a different approach to how we do the shows. We know to grow our audience these show have to appeal to the casual fan that is not as educated on pulling as the diehard fans. That is why Claude will ask Dave a question sometimes and Dave will answer as vehicle goes down the track. We have a great producer named Tom Gee and he was hired by Masters Entertainment on August 11th and just 3 days later he attended his first ever tractor pull at Wisner, NE. His experience in other motorsports gives us great ideas to improve our shows, so we are not just another tractor pull on TV. It is good to have someone that thinks outside the box to have input and our goal is to have the best pulling show on TV. Attached is the press release from Masters Entertainment on our producer. Thanks for watching Outlaw pulling every Friday at 2:30 central time on Velocity Channel. Doug
Attachments:
open | download - Tom Gee press release.docx (11 KB)

Re: Outlaw TV show October 10, 2014 04:04AM
Thanks for the info Doug you have done an excellent job, I understood why the commentary during there runs but the sound of the tractors were all most mute, if you could even them up closer to the commentator it would help.. Keep up the good work

Re: Outlaw TV show October 10, 2014 02:38PM
Saw todays show, real good production.
As far as mix between vehicle sound and voice over, that can be tweeked.
Excellent 1st effort! Looking forward to next week.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 11, 2014 02:30AM
good job with the tv show very enjoyable the only thing i would change is get rid of the ntpa sticker on the sleds the ntpa dont need free advertising

Re: Outlaw TV show October 11, 2014 05:09AM
I agree get the NTPA logo covered up, no comparison in the shows. NTPA spent the whole 30 minute show showing 8 tractors from Tomah. Can I say boring. How many times we going to have to watch guys put on helmets and gloves. Use that time and some of the dull studio time for some action. NTPA still living in the 80's. Outlaws will run 25 to 30 runs in the same amount of time and non stop action just like their pulls. So much action to take in I have watched it again both times after it played to just see what I missed. Leaves you wanting more and never wanted to do that after NTPA shows. The same tractors and trucks over and over for years, NTPA needs to show something different and more of it.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 11, 2014 06:09AM
NTPA probably would show more or some different equipment if they had any to show. Have to work with what you have left don't you know. I haven't seen the Outlaw tv production but then it doesn't take much to out do the NTPA production. Good luck Outlaws

Re: Outlaw TV show October 15, 2014 07:10AM
Now if they (the TV Station) would just put them online so people that don't pay those high dollar cable bills could watch! Congrats on the successful show Outlaws!

Re: Outlaw TV show October 15, 2014 08:09AM
NePowerpullers
Now if they (the TV Station) would just put them online so people that don't pay those high dollar cable bills could watch! Congrats on the successful show Outlaws!

Masters Entertainment Group (they do the shows for Battle of the Bluegrass) posts their episodes on YouTube after a while.

Battle of the Bluegrass - Episode 6

It's been a couple years since Lucas Oil posted a whole episode on YouTube.

Wheatland 2011

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Outlaw TV show October 15, 2014 04:07PM
I see this week they are showing the Limited pro stock. I would so much rather watch them, than watch super farms.

Re: Outlaw TV show October 15, 2014 11:24PM
The Battle of the Bluegrass shows are excellent in my opinion. I love seeing the different tractors in an organization I am not familiar with. That LLSS class is pretty cool-- I wonder if it could take hold in an organization out west of the Mississippi.

The Outlaw show is very good as well. Yes, there's a lot of talking and it seems rushed, but I think that is because they are getting a lot of tractors into the show. Maybe they could raise the sound of the tractor a bit in comparison to the voice of Bennett? Bennett, by the way, is doing a great job with the commentary.

For a guy who doesn't get Rural TV channel and NTPA shows, these two shows have been a lot of fun.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009