Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 26, 2014 02:12AM
Need info on or recent builder in the US: Im looking to build a 4 cyl. NON NQS compact diesel puller here in the US similiar to what the boys in Europe or the Netherlands are running that you may have seen on YouTube with names known as Brothers Toy or Hardcore Harvestor. This is beyond the NQS class. Strictly 4 cyl & not 3. I would assume building as also a component chasis. Does ANYONE know if there is a contact in the US that has already built one of these I could speak too regarding what he has ran into? The problem is building one, basing it on the over seas boys rules pertaining to litre size limit. I have yet to see a state organization in the US starting these NON NQS compact tractors with component chasis and them all being on the same page per liter size limits in the rules. I just cant afford to be a Guinea pig and start with no standards or litre size set if I was to build one. Does anyone know of a Guinea pig that has already taken this path and built one already here in the US? If anyone can give me a contact for reference that would be great as until I know the standards this class is going I am struggling in building one. These are also NOT your garden club automotive based platform block diesels nor NQS tractors Im reffering too either, but building on the basis of an Industrial diesel engine with component chasis. Same as the blown Mini Rods chasis only with diesel power yet using a bit smaller rear tire. I have seen some compact diesels that just dont look right with the larger tire the blown minis run.

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 26, 2014 06:55AM
I have spoken to a few of them over there in depth and currently building one. shoot me a pm with your # and we can talk.

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 27, 2014 09:40AM
I was the guinea pig almost 15-20 years ago...A tractor called the Button Buck. It had 60 cubic inches, 2 turbos, and ran 15.5x 31 tires. Weighed 1200-1250 bare..Ran classes from 1450 - 1850 with it. Our tractor would run right with the NA small block minis. Roughly pushing 350-400 HP. It still sits in the shop waiting for a place to pull again.

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 28, 2014 02:46PM
Throttleup466
Great! Im all ears to hear what your building, what youve learned, where this is going..
My work cell is 4024609854
If I dont answer leave a message and I will return your call. I will need your contact as well.
Thanks!Kirk

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 26, 2014 11:10AM
Look at Tri county pullers in wisconsin. They are starting a diesel class for their mini rods. They have complete rules for their new class on their website. Tricountypullersinc.com

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 26, 2014 02:46PM
Please take Wisconsin advice!
Don't be ANOTHER, I'ma gonna build what I want, then cry like a baby when a class close to it starts, but i don't fit those rules, so I'm not going to go play.
The pulling world is full of that crap already!
Get some decent rules together, THEN build to those. Not the other way around.
Unless you like playing by yourself. I guess you always win that way,,,,,,,,

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 26, 2014 03:19PM
I think there are 2 that run here in PA with the minis.

Try searching Keystone Mini Mods

Good Luck. I would really like to see this here.

I would build a NQS tractor in a second if they allowed
"Component" tractors. Looks like a lot of fun!!

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 26, 2014 04:40PM
COMPACT DIESELS

1. 2100# weight limit.
2. 183 Cubic Inch max.
3. OEM mass produced engine block and head.
4. Diesel fuel only.
5. Maximum of one turbo with one intake and one exhaust pressure stages.
6. No alcohol allowed in water injected systems.
7. Only one plunger per cylinder type injection pump.
8. Engines are required to have one 1/4" minimum cable around engine block and head placed between first and second cylinders with a minimum of 2 clamps on each side of splice.
9. Kill switch must be a mechanical shut off operated from driver's seat.
10. Injection pump must have a manual shut off operated from driver's seat.
11. Exhaust must have two -3/8" grade 5 bolts installed 90 degrees to each other in vertical part of exhaust pipe.

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT=Bore X Bore X Stroke X .7854 X Number of cylinders
All cubic inch computation will be allowed a 1/2 of 1% error on the total for measurement errors and normal wear.

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 27, 2014 02:31PM
There are a couple of them being built right now for the Tri-County Pullers in Wisconsin, my self being 1 of them. Mine will be component with the chassis built by Advanced Chassis. I think the rules we put in place will make for an exciting class when we get some out. If you want a tractor that looks like a true compact diesel, the 18.4-16.1 tires are the way to go and the 4 cyl, 250 ci limit will make plenty of power. I know of another person that is building for southern IL area using the same rules also ...

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 27, 2014 03:10PM
What's the weight class?

Wheelbase?

OAL?

Thanks!

Tri-County Pullers Rules October 27, 2014 04:17PM
Rules are very similar to Keystone, but no WB limit. For Tri-County in WI, same 2100# and 8' OAL, . The compact diesels from Keystone fit, we just opened up a few more cubes to let the common 4 cyl diesels in. Full rules are on our website and I can help with any questions.

Re: Tri-County Pullers Rules October 28, 2014 12:39PM
Personally, if a set of rules were set in stone for a nice "compact diesel class" like the over seas boys are running id give the garden tractors up in a heart beat for one, especially having $10,000.00 + in a single cylinder.

Re: Tri-County Pullers Rules October 28, 2014 01:00PM
Curious why you guys went with the 250cid limit, the 2.0L limit in Europe accomidates most of the available automotive style car engines.

Re: Tri-County Pullers Rules October 28, 2014 02:42PM
We went with a slightly larger ci limit to accommodate the non automotive engines and not limit what engines are available to use. There are some nice parts already available for some 3.9L engines and you can get twice the power for the same money as a 2.0L, plus the larger tires (18.4-16.1) that truly make it look like a compact diesel will take a little more power to turn. I would like to see unified rules in clubs also, but I don't see that happening at the level they are currently at. We will have to wait and see how they catch on and what rules other clubs put in place.

Re: Europe-Netherlands compact diesels October 28, 2014 02:56PM
1puller
Im all ears to hear what your building, what youve learned, where this is going..
My work cell is 4024609854 call or text
If I dont answer leave a message and I will return your call. I will need your contact as well.
Thanks!Kirk

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM