Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 04, 2014 12:26PM
Call me for more information:
Tim Baumgarten
217-682-5494

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 05, 2014 12:02PM
Why IPA already has a farm stock class. Don't really need ITPA farm stock

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 12:04AM
If you remember correctly ITPA had a farm stock class that was more than IPA's now. You used to be able to run a p-pump and 3" inlet on turbo also.
From what I have heard the talks of will be more of along those lines with possible water injection only.
Call Tim and talk to him for more details before you bash.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 02:39AM
And that sir is what would be called the 9500# profarm. 3000 rpm, 3inch inlet etc.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 05:03AM
I'm not sure IPA offers anything more than a p-pump along with intercooler tractors. ITPA the same and guys found out real quick you can't keep up with water injection.
It might be more than "farm stock" so I guess you can call it pro farm. A simple 466, p-pump, 3" inlet, water injection, 3000 or less rpm class can grow. Don't think it won't there is a lot of tractors out there that are close if not already set up to pull. There is no set rules so voice your opinion if you are serious. This doesn't need to get blown out of proportion. If you want to run a case tell them you want 510 cubes and orange wheels. Simple as that.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 06:08AM
Make the two classes as close to the same as possible. That way the pullers can decide where they want to run.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 08:11AM
Pullers and Fans,
I know, if you don't want to know about it or hear about it, don't read it or listen. Sorry, but just what we need, another diesel tractor class. All these classes are becoming so close together that most people in the stands can't tell when one class stops and another class begins. I love pulling, and I love "Smokers", but come on, just how many diesel tractor classes do we need in each association along with varying rules? This is exactly why the NTPA was originally formed, to standardize rules. I'm not putting down, nor promoting NTPA or any other organization, I'm just stating that there's way to many diesel tractor classes for promoters to choose from. Not to mention, to many different sets of rules. I know, I know, everyone wants a starter class. Well when it comes to motorsports, especially tractor pulling, there's not much of an economical way to get started. I wish there was! OK, my 2 cents worth, so now let the trashing begin. I'll be sitting down so that I don't get reamed so badly.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 08:39AM
I get what your saying, but.... We are talking state level... The IPA farmstock class is very popular and growing. This is central and southern Illinois, there is no such thing as too much smoke. There are only a few rules I would change.... lighter weight 10500-10000, and 466 cu. limit. Orherwise keep it the same as IPA. I am a puller and a fan.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 10:35AM
How about 600 ci limit 3 inlet by what ever turbo inter cooler water injection p pump 20.8 top cuts at 10000-11000 pound class plus all the safety equipment

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 10:46AM
Yes and that's all under a "farm stock" banner. Really??

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 11:53AM
Why not just keep it farmstock factory cubic inch 466 up to 619. 10,000 or 11,000 pounds with all the safety equipment.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 01:06PM
If you wanta call it a farm stock class,why dont you stay with a stock style pump with safety equipment? That way somebody that wants to start pulling can get their feet wet and see if they really want to pull,without breaking out the bank. Hold the cubes to 510 and a 4le466 box turbo..

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 03:47PM
Ipa rule on charger is 2.33 but still can run down track at speeds up to 27 mph

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 09:15PM
Charger
Ipa rule on charger is 2.33 but still can run down track at speeds up to 27 mph
HaHa! Maybe with no sled behind them !!!!!!!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 03, 2014 06:12AM
You would still see a big difference in lugging ability from big cube engines. They have time to take in the air as you lug it down.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 04:14PM
One Sick Puppy
Pullers and Fans,
I know, if you don't want to know about it or hear about it, don't read it or listen. Sorry, but just what we need, another diesel tractor class. All these classes are becoming so close together that most people in the stands can't tell when one class stops and another class begins. I love pulling, and I love "Smokers", but come on, just how many diesel tractor classes do we need in each association along with varying rules? This is exactly why the NTPA was originally formed, to standardize rules. I'm not putting down, nor promoting NTPA or any other organization, I'm just stating that there's way to many diesel tractor classes for promoters to choose from. Not to mention, to many different sets of rules. I know, I know, everyone wants a starter class. Well when it comes to motorsports, especially tractor pulling, there's not much of an economical way to get started. I wish there was! OK, my 2 cents worth, so now let the trashing begin. I'll be sitting down so that I don't get reamed so badly.
AMEN. No wait! I hope that ITPA adds a light limited "farm stock" class. With cabs,pto's, and 3pt. hitches manditory! Weight for the class needs to be at 7000 lbs. so I can make it! No need for clutch blankets or any safety equipment because it is "farm stock"!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 10:29PM
Farm stock is exactly as it sounds, not a 466, water, 3k rpm, water class. That's the typical hot farm class anymore. And even then its a hot hot farm.

Farm Stock- everything factory, maybe a 3lm466 turbo, safety equipment, turn the fuel pump up. Have some fun and hope you brought enough hp for the win.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 02:03PM
Ipa has a great set of rules for farmstock already. Keep the same rules that way can pull both ipa or itpa. 12500 . 2.33 inlet up to 505 ci unless it came from factory bigger. Factory style pump 2750 rpm rollbar and safety equipment. It's a great class great group of pullers. All summer there was 10-13 tractors top 8 all pretty close all year.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 02:10PM
this isn't a new class being proposed it's basically a reset of the current 9500 profarm class that only has 5 tractors competing in it.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 06, 2014 02:15PM
I'm not from the area that is being talked about but isn't Farm Stock just that farm stock tractors with stock pumps and maybe a speed limit and rpm limit . it sound like someone is looking to make a profarm or hot farm class . not farm stock .

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 08, 2014 01:57AM
Yes the farm stock here was a little more than farm stock. Since the beginning of the class it allowed p-pumps. It was still economical back then but then intercoolers were allowed and no water injection tractor could get within 40 ft of the intercoolers and the class has slowly imploded in itself.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 08, 2014 02:35PM
Yet again, the ITPA or someone from it, has to try to "1 up" the IPA. Why not the adopt the IPA Farmstock rules so guys can run both. The rule package that's been thrown around on this post is basically what was said, 9500# pro farm. The IPA farm stock class is very competitive and they are making good horsepower. Much more and then you're looking at being forced to have ski's and a roll cage. Then you may as well turn it up another 500 rpms and pull IPA profarm since they combine 466's and 640's in one class. The organizations need to work together, not try to separate from one another...

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 21, 2014 02:54PM
Im from southern IL and would like to see an economic "smoker" class come in..we pull alot with the antiques and cale manke sled but they wont vote for a simple smoker class...we were discusssing 6000-7500 360cu 3000rpm and 3lm turbo all colors could get in...if their was a class even ITPA with 466 a 3lm and P-pump I would finish my DT466 motor

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 23, 2014 09:48AM
Red puller, look into the IPA's outlaw class.

www.illianapullers.com

Pretty good numbers and some good competitors.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 28, 2014 07:28AM
466 p pump 2750 rpm box turbo no water or cooler the way it was and should have stayed. I think there would be alot of iron in a class like this because pullers like myself that had to quit because of cost would definately come back.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 28, 2014 01:54PM
Why would you want to make this a red green class again? Throw away the tourqes run factory pumps and 3lm chargers and all ag parts at 2750 rpms
Would not need roll cages or fire suits Other colors could compete at 466 or less.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 28, 2014 02:34PM
Ipa already has a great farmstock class and good set of rules why not keep it the same so guys can pull both organizations. 2750 Ron's and no roll cage great class. There's green tractors that beat the red ones have a case and talk of other colors coming in the future to ipa

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 28, 2014 04:30PM
why would you
Why would you want to make this a red green class again? Throw away the tourqes run factory pumps and 3lm chargers and all ag parts at 2750 rpms
Would not need roll cages or fire suits Other colors could compete at 466 or less.
Why throw away torques if it's farm stock? Heck make sure you throw a powershift transmission away then also if it's famstock!!!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 29, 2014 02:58AM
Most classes are a red green show. Even the farm stock classes. It's the most 2 popular choices out there to pull and the most easily acceptable to buy parts for so that's why it's always going to be a red green show. I have yet to see a class dominated by masseys and cases and the ih's running in the back of the pack. Also the IPA guys were invited to come to charleston at the early pull for the Shriners and 1 guy showed up so that shows you how interested they are about running with other guys. They knew way ahead of time also the circumstances at the pull. As far as I know several guys are looking at doing something different than running model 100 pumps and nowhere else to go so with the ground rules of this new class it will get them quite a bit more power and pulling under a more unified set of rules, all safety equipment, good insurance and a set purse. There's a lot of pluses to what this could turn into but everybody that is interested needs to show up at ITPA meeting in a couple weeks to get it started out or should I say RE-started!!!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 29, 2014 04:56AM
What are the proposed rules? I pulled the 9500 Farmstock class and was going to keep pulling it even with the cage. Decided the coolers were not for me, and I still feel that way as I don't not have the time or the manpower. I enjoyed the 9500 class as it was and I also enjoy the IPA class as it is and am trying to be a stronger competitor. I can not speak for the ITPA board but when the cages were added that was still with the old rules. I feel that any attempt to go back to those old rules will be met with the same requirement of a cage. I will not run a cage….. If I were to pull both classes the rules between the two would have to be pretty much identical. I would like some changes in the IPA class but that is not necessarily up to me. I have but one vote. If the class rules end up being the same and I can pull both I can not give both of them my full attention as we just had a baby boy on Friday and i'm getting married in June so with that and working my time is pretty much limited to weekends and to pulls closer to home during the week like Fisher. I am very experienced in pulling with ITPA and know that most of these shows will be a substantial drive for me which on weekends is fine but during the week is a problem. Also have an F-30 that dad wants to get going again and another one for brush pulls in conjunction with IPA pulls if I can get transportation situated where it needs to be. So pretty much all I am saying is that for me to pull the new class IPA rules would have to be pretty much copied at this time. Thats my $.01 take it for what it is worth.

I was not aware of the Shriners pull. Not that I would have made it because I think my tractor was still down at the time. But just letting you know that I am a IPA Farmstock competitor and I was not aware of the class at the Shriners pull. I may have gone just to torment Mr. Bumpus! lol

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 29, 2014 05:08AM
This Charleston "early" pull was not on the IPA schedule. I was at the initial IPA Farm Stock meeting and the following meetings. The reason most of the guys are running the IPA instead of the Charleston/Sigel area is because they were not welcomed in those areas because they would win against the "local" guys and they were run off. So why are you surprised that they didn't show up to a non-sanctioned IPA event? If there were enforceable rules instead of mob rules those guys are competitors, they would have been there.

I will predict that this class will be filled with all the "old" ITPA 9500 pound tractors with these "new" rules. Then the money will be spent again and start outclassing the "old" tractors. Then the "old" tractors will get the bright idea that they need more to try to keep up the winning tractors (forgetting that every tractor gets more). Then they will park their iron again and complain about how the class got out of hand.

So lets dilute the pool for competitors that have a case of "I wants" instead of stepping up or stepping back into classes that are already put in place with good rules and they actually look like different classes instead of every other cookie cutter skinny tire roll cage champagne on beer money farm class out there.

So why do we have so many classes but no competitors in them?

Do you guys think the reason that our sport has struggled for so long is because we are our own worst enemy? Circle track and drag car sanctioning bodies don't have divisional meetings and let the competitors f&$@ up the rules so that they have vehicles at an event and can continue to sell the show.

So let's keep ourselves down. Carry on.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 29, 2014 07:57AM
I have studied both the ipa farm stock and the profarm classes both itpa and ipa. To build a john deere for example, farmstock is cheaper to build compared to both ipa 11000# and itpa 12000# profarm. BUT, I believe you can build a John deere 9500# profarm for itpa for the same price <> a few $100. I have watched the "farmstock" class a few times and let me tell you, To compete in that class consistently in the top 3 all year you'll need to spend some money. Those tractors are tough. You can definitely see the difference between the stock tractors in the class and the top 5 tractors. I think besides a cage/rollbar which a used cage is near same price as a rollbar anymore, side shields, cut tires.....the cost is pretty close to match. I could see why guys would just build a profarm or altered farm over this farmstock class. International could possibly be the cheapest tractor to build. Just my perspective.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 29, 2014 12:49PM
Still think the 600 ci cooler water injection p pump 3000rpm 3 by whatever turbo at 10000 to 11000 is the way to go and of course all safety equipment !! Smiling

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 01:04AM
NO SUCH THING AS FARM STOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 03:39AM
Try this, no CI limit, allow all colors. Working PTO, hydraulics, and lift arms. 2750rpm, no water or coolers. Allow cummins swap tractors, or other swaps as they seem to be much more popular by the day.

Lets face it, 466 classes instantly turn it into a red vs green class. Yes they are most popular but opening it up would allow some big CI case, Moines, Whites, and allowing the swaps opens it even more.

I'm a red guy through and through, pull an International. But......it gets old to see 20 1066s and a few 4430s or such. I can imagine for a crowd of non tractor lovers its incredibly boring.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 10:26AM
The IPA class allows 505 ci or oem engine. So as long as you could make weight you could run it. Just no engine swaps. Pretty much all manufacturers built an engine in the 466 range. It is not us red guys or the green guys fault that people don't run them.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 01, 2014 11:33AM
I don't claim anyone at fault. But who other than ih, Jd, and case. And even case is behind at 451.

White 478
Oliver 478 or 3208 cat
Ford 401 or genesis but not in anything old
Massey had big Perkins or small Perkins.

Not trying to argue, just saying the 466 classes are geared to red and green.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 03:10AM
Is if you come to southern Indiana to pull farmstock !!!! Beer

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? November 30, 2014 04:50AM
What are the rules for the farmstock classes that John Murray video's with the Battle of the Bluegrass.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 01, 2014 02:19PM
What if everyone would have to run a 3lm466 box turbo, 2750 or 3000 rpm limit, and straight water injection only before turbo. Would you even need a cubic inch or pump limit? Wouldn't the turbo keep all sizes and colors equal? And at a reasonable cost?

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 04, 2014 04:14AM
So after reading what most have said on this topic....I think it's safe to say their is no interest in a itpa farmstock class unless the rules are changed from ipa current rules which would get us back where we are with the 9500# profarm. So point is let's leave things the way they are.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 04, 2014 01:24PM
How many tractors are in the profarm?
I am sure this class will be a needed additon to the ITPA s line up if they want to keep their
show in many of current market places. Most pulls want more than two or three tractors for $2500 cost.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 04, 2014 01:49PM
Apparently a lot of people posting on this topic haven't called the number above. You would know the amount of interest if you had. There was nothing wrong with the 9500# pro farm but there is now. Correct me if I'm wrong but the number decline will prove that.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 04, 2014 02:15PM
I have called and talked to Tim and let my thoughts be known. It is basically proposed as the class I started pulling in '08 or '09. There will end up being good numbers. That year at the ISF there were 17 tractors. 3" turbo's were voted in and lost some numbers. Tube frames and the cage requirement lost more. Coolers killed it off. It 9500# farmstock when it had good numbers.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 05, 2014 06:26AM
What a bunch of fricken idiots ,, arguing over - farm stock - stuff or just a RED AND GREEN , DADDYS MONEY BOUGHT TRACTOR ., get the hell off this forum

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 05, 2014 01:14PM
WHAT A JERK. ITS A FORUM DUMB ASS.

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 05, 2014 02:06PM
I'll stick up for Danelle. I think that whoever Danelle is has a good point!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 01:06AM
you guys should start your own site. make sure you post all the rules so every one can follow. this is a great site to post your information,not for looooooooooooooosers like you two

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 04:19AM
Danelle obviously is a moron, with sentence structure, or lack there of, and punctuation that rivals that of a kindergartner I have a hard time even understanding what you are even trying to say.

And to Mr Martin, if you can actually get a point out of Danelle's post you too are a moron.

Now back on point, a question was asked and opinions were given about.......ready for this...... A FARM STOCK class!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 11:36AM
Problem is; everyone has a contorted view of what "farm stock" is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pull farm stock at mph limits,stock rpm and no speed limit,no rpm limit ???????????????

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 01:47PM
Its been proven over and over and over and over on here. Using the words "farm stock" usually means a pi**ing match. Give this one up and pull the plug!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 02:46PM
I have heard of this before----farmstock pulling.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 03:39PM
video: [youtu.be]
This is the type of class you should have !!

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 06, 2014 04:43PM
Here is a sample of the farmstock class that IPA has and It's a great class. Would bring a nice class to itpa if they follow same rules so tractors could compete in both organizations.
[m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]#

Re: Who would be interested in an ITPA Farm Stock Class if it were offered? December 07, 2014 01:15AM
A lot of good points for and against this class. I think this will be a well attended class when it is in place.
I do not think it needs to have the same rules as the IPA. From what has been stated on here the IPA class has good numbers and
pullers are happy with it as it is. Do not let another organization be invovled in this as the new pullers will not like all the rules as they are.
If pullers wanted to pull IPA rules they would already be doing it. Next is top running tractors, if both groups are the same rules, to much of a chance the
same tractors will dominate both groups. Fan will loose interest in one or both groups as they watch the same tractors over and over maybe 30 or
more on some nights.
This has happened in brush pulling as fans see the same tractors at 15 different pulls in a small area and the fan numbers are down.
These two groups could always have a boasting pull a few times a year and each run their own rules. Or they could get together for a fund raiser
or Cause Pull just to see how they stack up against each other.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro