Minneapolis moline d585 throwing good money at bad idea? November 04, 2014 01:30PM
so i put together a nonturbo oliver g1355 which has a minn d585 I went and had aries pistons made to up my compression to 17 to1 for my d585 that is now 600 cubes the factory ones had a prechamber in the piston my aries are just a nice diesel piston i was told this might not work well with the stock injectors and it dosent it runs like it has bad injectors i had to advance the pump allot to get it to quit smoking at idle and it made the best power there i went a whole tooth on the pump gear! my stock pencil injector is a one shot injector to shoot fuel in the prechamber it made 160 or so horse with this set up and i also have the pump turned up with a 450 head and a custom cam my class limits me to 10%over factor rpm my question is if i go and have cummins 505 injector modified and machine out my heads to fit them will this make a world of difference or am i just kidding myself in which i will go back to stock i know its a loaded question with lots of possibility i need close to 250 or more horse and that is a huge spread from what i have now any input is greatly appreciated good bad or ugly
Thanks khenrichs

Re: Minneapolis moline d585 throwing good money at bad idea? November 04, 2014 11:06PM
I would start by trying to find a 4 hole pencil nozzle that's long enough and hopefully has a somewhat correct spray angle. Put them in and see if it runs better. Going to a 505 injector is unnecessary for 250 hp.

Re: Minneapolis moline d585 throwing good money at bad idea? November 08, 2014 08:46AM
well looked at case 504 and some cat injectors all to shore mine are 4 7/8 long at the sealing point everything i found was 4 inch

Re: Minneapolis moline d585 throwing good money at bad idea? November 06, 2014 02:27PM
Call randy Klenke runs a Moline out of mo 314 280 6311

Re: Minneapolis moline d585 throwing good money at bad idea? November 08, 2014 10:09AM
randy was a big help and also said to go with the cummins injectors or go back to stock pistons

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM