2wd November 05, 2014 07:55AM
what is the final drive gear ratio on mod 2wd

Re: 2wd November 05, 2014 08:08AM
19-27 I haven't heard any faster than that but doesn't mean someone isn't.

Re: 2wd November 05, 2014 11:38PM
The upper range of that seems a little slow. Just for reference, a 19 at 7500 rpm is about 51 mph wheel speed. To get a 27 up to 51 mph wheel speed you would need to turn 10,500 rpm. Yes some try, but it is hard on stuff for not much improvement. I'd say the average is 19-24 depending on truck, track and sled.

Re: 2wd November 07, 2014 02:46PM
No wonder they hate tractors if they can't turn dinky tires faster than that.

Re: 2wd November 07, 2014 04:35PM
Put a 30" hitch height on your superfarm and let see how fast you can spin them tractor tires.

Re: 2wd November 08, 2014 01:59AM
and even though they're 3,000 lbs. lighter than a super farm they're still harder to stop and go faster down the track.

sounds like math November 08, 2014 02:15AM
[bsesrv214.bse.vt.edu]

Re: 2wd November 08, 2014 04:59AM
compare apples to apples set the pan the same, same weight in the box and same gear on the sled. It would be interesting to see the results. I saw it tried with a superstock and a twd back with the old heavy pan sled. SS took it 300 ft and the twd pulled a giant wheelie and dug two holes and didn't move the sled. With the new no weight on the pan sleds it is all about show everyone goes at least 275 feet the high HP high wheel speed tractors go 300-330ft.

An old story when I was young we plowed a lot of acres of heavy ground all wheat stuble..pulled two 8 bottom plows hooked together with a D6 cat all day long John Deere came out with some of the newer 4wd tractors and local dealer wanted to to have a field demo...Dad finally agreed and out they came with the new tractor.ready to show off. Dad said pull up here with the plow in the ground and I will pull the pin. Long story short the JD 4wd couldn't move the plow with it in the ground backed up with the D6 and went back to plowing as normal. Also later did have a JD 4wd pulling two 24ft oneways but still had our two D6's both pulling two 24ft oneways for a total of 96 ft per pass and the two D6's combined used less fuel per hour than the New JD 4wd only turning over 48ft of ground....sometimes its not about how much HP you have but how effeciently you use what you have

apples to apples November 08, 2014 05:24AM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: 2wd November 08, 2014 08:00AM
from my experience running a sled with all things equal on the sled, on average the 2wd would put at least 20 feet on a super farm. the 2wds are much more finicky with the track whereas super farms aren't affected by track as much. some tracks 2wds would put a lot more than 20 feet on them, others they'd run closer. also the super farms would struggle a lot harder out of the hole because of how much heavier the pan is off the line. i don't really follow your example from the old heavy pan days. we set the pan much heavier for a twd than a super stock tractor. i don't know exactly how much but i'd guess the pressure on the front of the pan is at least 1500 lbs. heavier with a twd than a super stock.

Re: 2wd November 09, 2014 04:48AM
Sounds like by that you are giving the advantage to the twd due to sled setting, isnt there very little weight on the pan for the tractors and don't most operators put the block in right behind the chain just for the twd.

Re: 2wd November 09, 2014 08:19AM
yes if a super farm tried to pull in the 2wd class they would have trouble taking off due to the pan being so heavy. they don't have enough lift to keep the pan from digging in. if the 2wd pulled in the super farm class they would have trouble taking off due to the pan being so light it would come off the ground two feet. but still at the end of the day the 2wds are the hardest to stop no question about it. super farms sure have done a lot of catching up to them over the past ten years though.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,810, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro