best grain trailer? November 05, 2014 02:04PM
Who makes the best farm ag-hopper grain trailer? Looking to buy a new one and want the most wanted trailer in case I gota sell it in a few years.

Re: best grain trailer? November 05, 2014 02:54PM
We have bought and sold and traded trailers for years. Can't beat a Timpte in my book. Go to any farm sale, the Timptes hold their resale better. The longest we have ever kept one was 10 years and never had to weld on them. I have seen several Wilsons break in half. I think Cornhusker makes a pretty good trailer but I don't have any experience with them. I'm sure you will get other opinions. Hope this helps.

Re: best grain trailer? November 05, 2014 03:39PM
Pulled Tempte for years but the new wilsons look to be just about as good.. Stay away from the single sided trailers, they are lighter but they pull hard with the ruff sides and the resale isn't as good as the double sided..

Re: best grain trailer? November 05, 2014 04:02PM
I would say a Timpte is you best choice. Our operation has had 8 different trailers and currently 3 of them and have used them for commercial years back and for farm only for last 12 years and can say have had no problems. I would say a Wilson is also a good trailer. Last trailer got new in March and with current options can get standard 42'6"x66 ag hoppers with all light weight options with alum. wheels down to 7450 lbs and thru this harvest hold together the same as steel parts. Darin

Re: best grain trailer? November 05, 2014 11:29PM
I've got a Wilson that is a 1988 model 43 footer and I've owned it for since 2002 and I've not had any issues with it other than regular maintainence and upkeep. It is use for my farm operation and was pulled commercialy and for farms use before I got it. The only thing I've had to do was replace the tarp once about 10 years ago and the gear tracks on one hopper door which I believe is pretty good record for service.

Re: best grain trailer? November 06, 2014 02:52AM
Call Chris Baker he is in sales for Eby trailer and Timpte 715-281-8322 cell.

Re: best grain trailer? November 06, 2014 01:31PM
Thanks for your information guys.

Re: best grain trailer? November 07, 2014 11:37AM
had experience with the timpte which was good. i have a dakota now and i like it the most.

Re: best grain trailer? November 08, 2014 03:02AM
Both Timpte and Wilson are good hoppers. I prefer the Wilson Pace setter. Can't beat the ease of opening the hoppers with the belt roller traps on a Wilson.

Re: best grain trailer? November 12, 2014 06:22AM
very true the resale might not be what the wilsons are.

Re: best grain trailer? November 09, 2014 08:25AM
Wilson or Timpte are comparable trailers. Either one will be a good choice. Stoughton makes hoppers now, but have not heard any reviews yet. Cornhusker is a good over the road hopper, but don't pull into a field or over uneven ground. Won't get the twist out of it, seen it happen.

Re: best grain trailer? November 10, 2014 10:42AM
The Dakota trailers look good too and have been seeing more and more all the time. Just don't know about the re-sale value?

Re: best grain trailer? November 13, 2014 11:31PM
Wilson,Timpte,Corn Husker,Wilson has a nice opening system ,Corn Husker are lighter The steel trailers just don't have as good of resale but still do the job.,We just replaced 2 timpte with new Wilsons[no particular reason except liked unloading] and their resale is excellent partly due to price increase in new ones.We take excellent care of ours and they brought near what we paid for them 10 years ago.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009