Here is what a scammers check looks like November 05, 2014 10:22PM
I played along with the guy texting people about items for sale on here a couple weeks ago. I got him to send me a cashiers check and I have to admit it looks pretty good.

He instructed me to deposit the check and then wire his shipper the remaining balance so the item can be picked up. I figure I'll mess with him for a little bit. He did overnight the check to me so it had to cost him a little out of his pocket.

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 05, 2014 11:23PM
I'd turn it over to the attorney general

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 05, 2014 11:59PM
Did you see if there is a company at the address?

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 06, 2014 12:10AM
It is an actual company, you could call and find out I guess.

Society of Fire Protection Engineers
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 620E
Bethesda, MD 20814
USA
Tel (301) 718-2910

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 06, 2014 12:48AM
One I got was from a large company about 100 mile from here even though the buyer was asking to have the item shipped over 1000 miles from here. I gave the check to a woman I know who works for the company. I was then told that the account was a real account and the check would have been cashed but I would have been responsible for the funds when it all was done.

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 06, 2014 12:58AM
I had the same thing from advertising some stuff on YT. The fellow was from Michigan but the check came with a NC address and the same kind of instructions. I took it in and talked to the Sheriff. He explained to me that it is not this transaction the scammers are focusing on. If you deposit the check, they get your bank information and start another thread of destruction with your checks and numbers.

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 06, 2014 07:32AM
Confirmed! Your check is a Scam and should be reported. I contacted the SFPE and they confirmed that it is not their check.

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 06, 2014 11:52PM
What dtd you do.sell him your 6030?

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 07, 2014 05:48AM
thats funny I dont care who you are thats funny

Re: Here is what a scammers check looks like November 07, 2014 01:36PM
Maybe if his 6030 goes to MD. us Red guys in Iowa Wis. will have a chance again!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,677, Posts: 229,779, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason