Water injection November 10, 2014 10:32AM
What do you guys use for water injection? Water? Water/crop oil? Can you use just water. Is using crop oil nessary? What exactly does it do? Does it help to use cold or cooled water. This would be for like a 3000 rpm farm stock. A pump 466 2.7 turbo

Re: Water injection November 10, 2014 12:30PM
I use distilled water to avoid corrosion. Use Napa air tool oil for lubrication for the pump. It won't settle out like crop oil will. The difference in cold water and ambient temperature water isn't enough to mess with the ice. I've tried the cold versus warm on the dyno so take advantage of my dime. I use the same oil/water mix in my 4.1. Hope this helps.

Re: Water injection November 11, 2014 01:50AM
What ratio do you mix your oil to water? What pump is the oil lubricating. Whats the right amount to use in a pass?

Re: Water injection November 11, 2014 01:56AM
The water injection pump would be the pump the oil is lubricating. The amount you should use is totally dependent on the setup you are going to run.

Re: Water injection November 12, 2014 12:59AM
whats2do
What ratio do you mix your oil to water? What pump is the oil lubricating. Whats the right amount to use in a pass?
1.5 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of water.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009