Farm Show Predictions November 11, 2014 02:07AM
My annual Farm Show Predictions are gradually hitting the site over the course of the last day. Had big hopes of producing a show with these releases but it didn't happen in time before letters started hitting mailboxes. Have posted 3 classes thus far, and there are more to come throughout the day!

Farm Show Guesses

NFMS Kentucky Drivers list November 11, 2014 10:50PM
Does anyone here know when they let the pullers know if they have been selected to run at the farm show? The website won't release the names till Jan and we would like to find out before that.

Re: NFMS Kentucky Drivers list November 12, 2014 01:50AM
The letters to the drivers have begun to hit mailboxes this week. We will definitely start to hear more today and tomorrow on those who received their letters. I will be working to gather as much of a list as possible before the NFMS List is posted. Traditionally the NFMS Committee will have the list posted some time a week or two after the letters go out, so I don't believe the website update will be January as it is said!

Miles Krieger

My Blog:
Miles Beyond 300
[www.facebook.com]
milesbeyond300@gmail

Re: NFMS Kentucky Drivers list November 12, 2014 12:35PM
Rumor is more of the same old boring iron.

Re: NFMS Kentucky Drivers list November 12, 2014 09:35PM
Yup.....same boring stuff you watch all pulling season outdoors at different locations. Geez....some people are never happy regardless of what the situation is. Is your glass ever half full?

I'm sure some idiot will start the organization debate with this thread too..........

Re: NFMS Kentucky Drivers list November 13, 2014 10:45AM
You are right!!! I will not be attending NMFS. I just find the show very stale I am not one of the ones who thinks there needs to be different classes. I just think more new iron is needed within the classes at the show. But hey, its a private show. They can invite whoever they want......including all their buddies. I will be at Gordyville and several other indoor shows.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 11:40AM
I have kno idea on what all the hype is on this pull , they never do any good ,none of the tractors pull like they did before ,,, a bunch of welfare reciepents sitting there watching ,, yawn , what a joke

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 12:09PM
I've won many points championships. Won many huge pulls and I've applied 6 years In a row and got my rejection letter today!! What a joke!! I wish I was a PPL tractor then I'd be in all the time!!

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 01:07PM
What do you want. If a top level truck or tractor isn't there it's only because they didn't apply.They bring in the best vehicle that pull on the national level, do you really think there's others out there that they could bring in?????I don't understand what else they could do except have the LSS take the Saturday night session from the Super Farm class.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 03:01PM
YES!!! There is better running iron out there!!! They just don't run on the national level. Now am I saying that the national guys don't belong there.... no. However, there are plenty of state level tractors that can run with national guys any day of the week. Particularly in the twd and SF classes. Once again I think that the show could really be livened up by bringing in some of these guys to run also. This is why I will choose a pull like Gordyville or Keystone over NFMS any day.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 03:10PM
what a joke..they treat you like crap there.if they want it to be a real champion ship pull inite the top 3 to 5 out of each club..ppl ntpa outlaw.most are class fillers .at least have a win for the year..know alot of tractors never made the top 3 at any pull pulling there...WOW thats a champion ship pull...LOL

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 03:39PM
and who are these mystery pullers, lets have names....

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 13, 2014 06:03PM
Ok. I will make this one really simple. Go to the web site for NTPA, PPL, BSTP, Outlaw or any other mainstream pulling organization. Look at the top 5 for any state or regional points race. These guys all pull with the "big boys" every week and can run right with them. Some run better some run worse. If you don't believe me look at the event results. Many apply to get into the show. Most get denied every year.

Once again. Its not that I think the guys that are there don't deserve it. I am just saying and many others agree with me that the selection process is equal parts of how you do and who you know.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 14, 2014 11:26AM
Will APPLE JUICE or DREAM ON be invited?

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 16, 2014 09:16AM
rumor mill
YES!!! There is better running iron out there!!! They just don't run on the national level. Now am I saying that the national guys don't belong there.... no. However, there are plenty of state level tractors that can run with national guys any day of the week. Particularly in the twd and SF classes. Once again I think that the show could really be livened up by bringing in some of these guys to run also. This is why I will choose a pull like Gordyville or Keystone over NFMS any day.

Pretty sure there isnt enough time to bring in more pullers, so to bring in the state levels pullers wouldnt they have to bump the national level guys out?

For some reason I always considered the National Farm and Machinery show to be a National level pull?

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 16, 2014 10:50AM
Realy Dumb A$$ Its exactly what the name says nothing to do with tractor pulling That's just a extra

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 16, 2014 11:23AM
Curious
For some reason I always considered the National Farm and Machinery show to be a National level pull?

I will preface my comment with the fact that I've read that the Pro Pulling League has announced that they will be offering the class on the Champions Tour in 2015. But I don't view the Super Stock Diesel Trucks as a national level class--especially when we can't get a full class of fifteen. But I understand that it all comes down to $$. So, if some new iron--even if they aren't national level classes--will put more butts in the seats (and thus more money) then why not?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 16, 2014 01:22PM
Curious
rumor mill

Pretty sure there isnt enough time to bring in more pullers, so to bring in the state levels pullers wouldnt they have to bump the national level guys out?

I guess that is were your understanding and my understanding of the pull are different. I thought the purpose was to bring the top running iron from all over the country there. Not just PPL and Outlaw which it tends to be. If you want proof just look at Miles predictions at the top of this thread. (By the way Miles I think you are right on with the predictions.) Take the SF class as an example. If you look at the list and cross the names with the results from their respective organizations there are some less than spectacular results. Anybody can sign up and run the Champions Tour. It does not automatically make you the best of the best.

Mark Metzger posted below that he has won the OSTPA Championship for 3 years and has not gotten in. I looked at the OSTPA pull results and he can run right with the "National" guys as you put it. That should make him worthy of a trip to the show any day in my book.

I also do not think that adding extra iron is the answer. ONCE AGAIN I will just say that there is plenty of iron out there that runs as good or better than the same group that continues to get into NFMS.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 17, 2014 02:43AM
Didn't Granny tell you to go feed the chickens?!?! C'mon Jethro!!! Go get some book learnin and then we can have a discussion... Do you understand, or do I need to simplify it a lil more???

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 15, 2014 04:45PM
I have won Ostpa super stock points three years in a row and have applied also three years only to be turned down once again. I agree pick the top in points from all groups of pulling. I do run some big event and do well . I always go to watch and hope maybe someday i'll be "in". Maybe i'll take a different vacation this feb. some place warm.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 14, 2014 12:41PM
There are a few tractors every year that make it here to louisville that don't pull but a few times all summer let alone win a pull and still make it. I am curious, other than to have a variety in color (which I understand) what else?

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 15, 2014 08:49AM
another watcher
WHO CARES!!!
Maybe the FANS ? As they are the ones who make the pulls possible !!! You should change from "another watcher"to "Einstein"

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 15, 2014 09:56AM
I'm a puller and a fan and if it wasn't for the pullers there wouldn't be a show for the fans to watch, so the pullers are the ones that make the pulls possible! With that said if the NFMS would bring in new iron every year they would have a better chance of selling out every night but with the same olé stuff every year it gets boring! I've been going for 30 years and I won't be going this time cause its just the same stuff and guys who really shouldn't be there! If you have to invite fillers to fill the class, drop one of those classes and add another..

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 15, 2014 03:51PM
I use to be a crew member and still a fan. I agree use different classes each year. It doesn't have to be the highest Dollor class to make a great show. To many classes to keep running the same stuff. That my two cents.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 16, 2014 07:59AM
Al here/Another watcher,
I am a fan/past crew/past puller... " Who Cares", explanation; It will be the same vehicles that were there last year. We all know who's going. I'll bet I can name 80% of the rigs on that list. These are all fine pullers, don't misunderstand. Would just like to see them change it up a bit. I think they should have 3 mod classes. 6, 72, unl... It all started with smoke and mods. Let me preface this next statement by saying, I am a truck fan. I pulled one and worked on several. That being said, I think NFMS should be tractors only... I've been there several times and those people could care less about the trucks. They want to see Pros, Supers, and the Hot Rods... This is just what I've observed. NFMS is a great pull! Just think it needs some class adjustments. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just one mans opinion. And yes, without fans there would be no pulls. And without pullers there would be no pulls. You are both correct...

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 16, 2014 03:05PM
Everybody want to know who got in so tell us dip @#$%&.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 19, 2014 01:02AM
If ostpa had the same rules as ppl the points winner would be different. Hate to break it to you if keeners had a 20in drawbar you would be beat.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 02:39AM
I believe that anyone picked to pull here should at least have the requirement of finishing in top five of their respected organization. No more letting guys pull that only made one hook all summer due to blowing something up just to have them come to louisville and blowup. Even if they are a rare tractor brand. Example: massey, Minnie mo, ford, deutz.....whatever.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 05:29AM
A quick look at PPL Points (just in the pro-stock class) and your top 5 requirement eliminates Rollin' Stone, Tinker Toy, The Haymaker, Billet Binder, Barely Gettin Bye, Whiskey Wild, River Rat, Linder Brothers,Greenline Express.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 06:29AM
That is the point. Stop letting people in because of the name. If you have a down year, then step back and let whoever deserves to be there enjoy it.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 09:29AM
In some ways I agree with "Guess". Remember a few years back when Esdon took the entire year off but still got into the Farm Show? i knew a few who weren't happy with that.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 06:48AM
Exactly

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 08:02AM
I'm extremely happy to know that you are not on the selection committee! Don Masterson wins the 2014 NFMS then runs all the PPL Tour and finishes a very respectable 7t place and by your method of selection he stays at home this year. Meanwhile i take a look at the ITPA website and the Kozuszek Bros. and team of Mike Johannes & Roger Rhine (never heard of any of them) will make the NFMS field of Pro-Stock tractors according to your criteria. That to me is giving out an in state attendance award.....I'll pay to watch TOP RUNNING pro stocks like Rollin' Stone, Tinker Toy, The Haymaker, Billet Binder, Barely Gettin Bye, Whiskey Wild, River Rat, Linder Brothers, and Greenline Express any day of the week! It makes no sense to leave these tractors at home just because they didn't finish in the top 5....they competed all season head to head with one extremely tough class of tractors and they ALL deserve to be in Louisville in February.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 08:48AM
The above mentioned ITPA tractors that were in the Top 5 in the Pro Stock Class of ITPA in 2014 are Limited Pro's that jumped up and ran the Pro Stock class.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 20, 2014 11:46PM
Nothing against anyone, but if you win the NFMS and you're that good, you should probably end up in the top 5 of your division anyway. If not let someone in that did, it doesn't matter if you've never heard of them. That is how you learn about new competitors.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 07:11AM
Finishing in the top 5 in the PPL Pro-Stock points isn't an easy accomplishment. I just looked at the final points standings and there were 15 very strong pro stock tractors that made a legitimate attempt to run the full PPL tour. You can't possibly justify a Limited Pro placing top five in a state association (basically an attendance award) making the NFMS cut before the Tinker Toy. That would quite possibly be the worst decision ever in the history of the NFMS. I don't always agree 100% with their decisions, but overall the NFMS selection group does a pretty darn good job.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 09:21AM
[www.champpull.org]

Drivers list for 2015.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 10:45AM
that super farm class is weak..lots of tractors that have no reason to be there...some good region 3 and 5 class winners not even there and stuff that got last place all season there..what a joke lol

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 11:41AM
After last years drama and BS that accured there were a lot of people that didn't even send in!!

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 12:33PM
Lake Michigan
After last years drama and BS that accured there were a lot of people that didn't even send in!!

I'm just glad that my hero Russ Freeze made it in. I hope he makes Traxx put it in the beach again--just keep the extra people off the floor. LOL!

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 01:17PM
Also there are six of the sixteen diesel super stock tractors that have no reason to be there either; they can't run with the big dogs

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 03:24PM
Who are you referring to in the Diesel Super class? I see one maybe two that aren't up to snuff.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 04:00PM
The dss is the class that I was the furthest off on predicting but I'm not complaining. None of the top 5 from outlaws made it with intimidator being the champ. Radical red also didn't make it and he was in the finals last year. I don't know what six he is talking about though...

•Franke/vaske-chance encounter runs great...won Enderle
•Schlabach-bonetwister won a region championship, placed 2nd at tomah, and made the pulloff at BG.

Also I don't know who even applied...

There are a lot out there that are quality tractors(diggin hard, super rooster, radical red, intimidator, lost, slow walkin john, resurrected redneck, pieffermax, sleepless nights, lil more patience, chain reaction, midlife crisis, final decision, southern express, Deere and company, and more...) out there but there is only 15 spots!

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 05:01PM
Yah that's what I'm getting at. Most of those tractors are pretty strong. Boeckmann still has some bad runs every now and then but he's also laying down some pretty good runs. The Bone Twister is GN caliber. Chance Encounters runs good. Smoke N' Mirrors has won on the GN circuit. Livin' a Dream is a GN Tractor. Horrall runs good. I haven't seen Wamble's tractor run outside so I don't know about. The rest are all GN tractors. I was pretty happy with the List in truth this year.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 22, 2014 12:26AM
The Committee did not send us (Radical Red) an application to compete in 2015

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 22, 2014 03:08AM
wamble runs 7000lbs with USA pullers go to their web site

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 22, 2014 02:10PM
That kinda sounds like a mail problem to me.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 23, 2014 01:07AM
I didn't know that the committee had to send an application. They are listed on there website and you can print it off fill it out and send it in and not getting one in the mail shouldn't be a problem. Than they will send you a yay or nay in response.

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 23, 2014 06:12AM
You are correct,I guess it is selfish of me to think the committeeshould send us one, they are available on the web site, but you would think they would send them to the finalists from the previous year wouldnt you.(Note) The rest of the finalists recieved a mailed application. anyhow it does not matter we will be taking a family vacation to a much warmer place that week at a lesser cost than the farm show with unlimited drinks served to our beach chair :0)

Re: Farm Show Predictions November 21, 2014 03:05PM
How are the super farms weak who are we missing here ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009