Case axles need help. November 12, 2014 10:05AM
I have a Case LLSS, 830 rear with 800 axles. The splines are twisting on the axel shaft where the bull gear go's on. Any suggestions? Trying to stay light. What have you Case guys done to prevent this?

Re: Case axles need help. November 13, 2014 06:25AM
you need later axle and bull gears. the bull gears could be lightened. We can supplies these items for you

Elmer's Repair
785-857-3248

Re: Case axles need help. November 13, 2014 07:07AM
What is the difference? Is there a diameter or spline difference or is it a process like the heat treat or material different? How can we identify what we have, whether if be early or late?

Re: Case axles need help. November 13, 2014 09:11AM
So your talking about 730 or 830 Comfort King axles and bull gears? Will myaxle housings work or do I need them too? How much will these hold? I believe the later ones have about 30 splines, and the other have about 15 splines. The later are hardened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2014 09:26AM by BM.

Re: Case axles need help. November 13, 2014 03:52PM
Ever think Elmer's posted their phone number, so these questions could be answered in a more complete and timely manner?
Way too many variables to handle on a chat board!
CALL !!!!!!!!!

Re: Case axles need help. November 13, 2014 11:19PM
I thought it be a courtesy and ask here instead of calling them at a business where they are trying to earn a living. I may already have the parts and may not need to buy anything from them. They don't make any money on an advice phone call that may take an hour of their time. If they or anyone else can answer the question on line when it is convenient for them then they can follow through with their business day. If 100 of us called and asked the same question and found that we already have what we need then they have lost 100 hours of productive time where they could have been generating revenue. Now, if the 100 of us call and take time away from what they are working on for you and you get your stuff two weeks later than promised you are mad at them and then they find they have to raise their hourly rate because they are are losing 100 hours a month your are mad because the shop rate or parts are too high.

So, I guess you are right. I should go ahead and add to the non-revenue generating portion of their day and drive up everyone else's cost.

Re: Case axles need help. November 14, 2014 12:55AM
CDowns
I thought it be a courtesy and ask here instead of calling them at a business where they are trying to earn a living. I may already have the parts and may not need to buy anything from them. They don't make any money on an advice phone call that may take an hour of their time. If they or anyone else can answer the question on line when it is convenient for them then they can follow through with their business day. If 100 of us called and asked the same question and found that we already have what we need then they have lost 100 hours of productive time where they could have been generating revenue. Now, if the 100 of us call and take time away from what they are working on for you and you get your stuff two weeks later than promised you are mad at them and then they find they have to raise their hourly rate because they are are losing 100 hours a month your are mad because the shop rate or parts are too high.

So, I guess you are right. I should go ahead and add to the non-revenue generating portion of their day and drive up everyone else's cost.
This is a excellent point, as a small shop owner I lose billing time with calls almost every day. Some of them are necessary to maintain a customer base, the calls just for advise do cost me money.

Re: Case axles need help. November 14, 2014 01:42AM
Well said Carl!!!!! There is nothing wrong with reasonable questions on this board, that is what it's here for. I use to tell my students; "The only dumb question, is the one you don't ask"! As you said, Saving vendors time away from the phone helps them to keep working, thus completing work for customers. Carl, how are you coming along on your tractor?

Charlie

Re: Case axles need help. November 14, 2014 01:45AM
It is going pretty slow, Charlie.

We have added an additional 3 stores at work and it is eating up more time than anticipated so the labor isn't getting put into it as I would like.

I would have it done a lot faster if the whole eating regularly and staying warm and dry weren't getting in the way.

Re: Case axles need help. November 14, 2014 04:07AM
Charlie,were you able to find the good ol days facebook page??

Re: Case axles need help. November 14, 2014 04:24AM
Patches,
Thank you I sure did. I had to open a Facebook account, but it was worth it. Great site, with a lot of good information. Thanks for making so many of us aware of it.

Charlie

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009