The only problem with PPL November 17, 2014 01:40AM
I've been thinking about PPL and I think they will take over most of 'big league' pulling in a few more years but the only problem I see with them is who's in charge? Is it John or is it Kristi? [I've never heard of too many sucessful companies with 2 leaders!] or does Mike still run things from way behind the scenes? I think they need clear leadership if they really want to move forward. If they can find a clear strong leader the NTPA will be sunk.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 17, 2014 02:46AM
A track builder would probably seal the deal as well.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 17, 2014 07:44AM
Yeah a track builder would help. Most of their tracks aren't great. A good leader would work with the promoter and 'help' them build a good track. Most issues with an organization come back to the leadership [or lack of].

Re: The only problem with PPL November 17, 2014 09:16AM
The interesting thing about these three post are this is what my PPL opinion article was going to be about. I couldn't agree more that the lack of one single strong leader has and will be the drawback that keeps PPL from more dynamic growth. And from the feedback I get from some pullers the track preparations and quality are another area that PPL falls short.

While I know that PPL does have one of the very best pulls in the country in Hillsboro Wi., there still are many tracks that fall far short of what a national pulling circuit should provide for their member's.

With the impressive list of pullers that PPL has in their classes, strong leadership and top level tracks should be high on the lists of improvements for PPL .

I really think that one of the major reasons PPL does not have a larger footprint in sport is the concern that the pullers have in the long term commitment from the Lucas Oil sponsorship. NTPA has been the major player in the sport for years and the one thing you never hear, unlike some PPL discussion's is "will the NTPA be here tomorrow". PPL needs to portray that image to the fans, sponsors and pullers, we are here for the long haul.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The only problem with PPL November 18, 2014 02:19AM
The other issue with the PPL is the lack of clear rule definition which also ties to clear leadership. The rule book needs to be written by someone that is a puller and builds engines. The current rule book needs to be completely updated and not in a constant state of flux. The rules should be to govern the whole group and not to benefit one or two individuals for personal reasons.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 18, 2014 11:29AM
From experience. I help build our own county track for PPL Champions tour. The tracks are built with the dirt they have available. Not all dirt is the same. Ours is very tough to get the water correct in our track. If we have too much the track pumps bad. To lil and its hard and dry. Its a very fine line. We do our best. I do wish we could give the pullers a better track to to pull on, but we work with the dirt we have available. We have tried some additives which have helped but its not a cure.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 18, 2014 01:31PM
track builder, thanks for your response. I would guess that the more experience the tracks will get better.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The only problem with PPL November 19, 2014 10:48AM
Not a problem mr morgan. We have ideas to improve next years track but we wont kno till the pull comes. We can build a good farm pulling track. But our track jus doesnt seem to hold together with the hp and tire speed of the professional pullers.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 26, 2014 10:54AM
Ppl will never take over the Midwest. Outlaws are there to stay and are growing. They may even take over some ppl hooks over next couple years

Re: The only problem with PPL November 26, 2014 11:42AM
That mentality leads to one size fits all, simply put it doesn't work that way. Outlaws will have pulls, PPL will have pulls, Ntpa will and on and on. We need to concentrate a little more on having a good time and putting on a good show for the fans, enjoy the fact we have pulls to go to and we are able to. There is a shoe that fits everyone, find it and be happy!

Re: The only problem with PPL November 26, 2014 02:26PM
AAR
That mentality leads to one size fits all, simply put it doesn't work that way. Outlaws will have pulls, PPL will have pulls, Ntpa will and on and on. We need to concentrate a little more on having a good time and putting on a good show for the fans, enjoy the fact we have pulls to go to and we are able to. There is a shoe that fits everyone, find it and be happy!
Wouldn't it be cool to see a Championship Pull between Outlaw and PPL tractors after the regular season. That would be a real fan pleaser.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 25, 2014 04:25PM
Dick, there should not be a concern with the long term sponsorship of Lucas Oil in the PPL. Lucas Oil is not a sponsor of PPL, they are the owner.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 27, 2014 12:25AM
Unless PPL is making a profit Lucas is also a sponsor. If they determine that losses (sponsorship) are not generating enough product sales they can sell or dissolve the business. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but to think it can't is foolish. I doubt that they have an emotional tie to pulling which is what generally causes someone to keep dumping money into a losing venture.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 27, 2014 01:55AM
Honestly I don't see how it makes money with the amount of $$ they throw around. There's only so much money coming through the gate each night. Granted they do have other sponsors and who knows how much they put in. I always assumed it was more of a tax write-off than anything...

Re: The only problem with PPL November 27, 2014 03:37PM
I like how this thread has nothing to do with outlaw trying to take over the world (as somehow they think they can). Yet someone still comes on and starts slamming others and bragging theirs. I agree with a previous post why can't we concentrate on a good time? Everyone is still going to have there pulls... get over it. After all single owner of outlaw has no guarantee commitment. He could up and sell tomorrow to.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 02:38AM
Not sure why you say that. If PPl sells a show to a promoter for say $20,000, once the contract is signed PPL will get 20K. Now the promoter has to make sure they get enough sponsers, gate money,refreshmsnts, etc. to get their 20K back and turn a profit. PPL looses nothing. The only one set to fail is the promoter if things aren't done right.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 04:18AM
There is no promoter getting a ppl pull for $20, 000. The above comments refers to all out of pocket expenses like show up money, points money, tv, etc. You are highly confused if you think ppl or any association is surviving on sanctioning fees and memberships alone. It will be a sad day if or when lucas oil pulls all money from motorsports. Some will survive and many will not. Look back several years ago when stp was on everything motorsports. All it took was a new ceo of that company with a new vision of what he thought was best for stp. You got it they pulled a huge portion of marketing/advertising budget from motorsports sponsorships. I personally think lucas oil has based their strategy on what stp was able to accomplish by having their name on everything. Hopefully whoever takes the reins at lucas oil will have the same vision the previous staff has.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 07:02AM
The above comment said PPL was takeing some of the gate money. I don't believe this to be true. The 20K was just a figure for example. Once the contract is signed and it is fulfilled PPL gets what they agreed on. As far as the expenses you mentioned I'm sure PPL has that figured in their budjet that comes from membership and sponsor money.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 07:13AM
The money comes from lucas oil. What part of that don't you understand? Like someone said if Forrest decideds to sell out or change marketing strategies motorsports as a whole will be hurting. PPL will go well aslong as lucas oil keeps funding it plain and simple

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 08:00AM
Your kidding right. You have the Ion Camera USS, Speedco 4WD, Optima Battery 2WD,E3 Sparkplug Mods,etc. Go to the home page and watch the rolling list of sponsors. To say all the money going into PPL is from Lucas Oil is just silly. I do not disagree that Lucas owns PPL., But I disagree that it is 100% funded by Lucas Oil. You don't get those classes named after your company for free, you don't become a major sponsor for free. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 08:17AM
Dude who do you think puts all that together? Its called team Lucas. Look at all or most series lucas oil is the title sponsor of then tell me that you don't see the same sponsors all over the place just like ppl. Like I said when Fortest decides to leave the sport of pulling PPL will be right behind them.

Re: The only problem with PPL November 28, 2014 01:54PM
oh my
Dude who do you think puts all that together? Its called team Lucas. Look at all or most series lucas oil is the title sponsor of then tell me that you don't see the same sponsors all over the place just like ppl. Like I said when Fortest decides to leave the sport of pulling PPL will be right behind them.
O' Ye of little faith.

Believe it or not........ November 29, 2014 02:59PM
2015 will be PPL'S 10th season of pulling. Where are all the naysayers that said they wouldn't be around for more than a couple years? This coming season they are offering the largest payout ever in the history of the sport. I think they are doing things just fine.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2014 03:06PM by Dan M.

Re: Believe it or not........ November 30, 2014 02:22PM
PPL isnt goin anywhere. As long as promoters keepin bookin pulls. There will be pullers with PPL besause they have the best payout. Regional i kno they are way higher. National im not sure but cant be far off. Some of the members running the show may not be everyones favorite. But you try to do their job and make everyone happy. I guarantee you cant do it. Everyone will always have a better idea then the next.

Re: Believe it or not........ December 01, 2014 12:11AM
I think you should check the new payout for outlaws for 2015 and 2016 I think you would see their payouts are still better than NTPA and PPL

Re: Believe it or not........ December 01, 2014 02:06AM
we are talking about payout to the pullers, not the leaders!.

Re: Believe it or not........ December 01, 2014 05:05AM
Nobody cares what the outlaws are doing.

Re: Believe it or not........ December 01, 2014 07:54AM
Your wrong , I do!

Re: Believe it or not........ December 01, 2014 09:29AM
I have seen the proposed new outlaw payouts and it is still just over half of what PPL champions tour pays. Not complaining just stating a fact.

ppl payout December 01, 2014 03:32PM
You seem to know something that I've been asking for a long time but never get a straight answer. What does ppl champ tour payout look like. You know total purse and payout thru all placings. Thanks

Re: ppl payout December 03, 2014 12:20PM
Wat class do you want to kno. Different purse and payout for different classes. But champions tour pays 8 places that doesnt focus on the winner. Their show up money on top of prize money is also another plus. Idk if other organizations offer it but it is a great bonus.

Re: ppl payout December 03, 2014 02:16PM
Twd or Fwd

Re: ppl payout December 06, 2014 02:27AM
Six days and nothing but crickets. Payout must not be as good as people say. Even though it may suck to some people NTPA at tells you what it is.

Re: ppl payout December 07, 2014 01:51AM
Silence
Six days and nothing but crickets. Payout must not be as good as people say. Even though it may suck to some people NTPA at tells you what it is.

Mods $7500.00 standard purse with the class sponsor added money for precommited competitors $17,000. 5k for first place 3650,2500,1500,1000,800,700,650,600,600.

PPL Points Payout 2015 December 04, 2014 01:26AM
Here it is............................

Dan Mayer

Re: PPL Points Payout 2015 December 04, 2014 01:31AM
Dan, I think he meant event purse and placing payout not end of season points fund.

Re: PPL Points Payout 2015 December 04, 2014 01:44AM
ntpa purses isnt anything to sneeze at BUT when you add entre fee to it not much better then our state stuff were we dont have entres and are allowed 4 pit passes, what make that level appealing to most is the big stage. jus my 2

Re: PPL Points Payout 2015 December 04, 2014 06:32AM
Ok!!!!!!!!!!

PPL Purse Payout 2015 December 07, 2014 02:59PM
PPL purse payout 2015..................................

Dan Mayer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009