GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 05:31AM
Ive never been to Gordyville, Wondering where the best place to stay is(closest to the track)? name of hotel. can you get tickets there? how much are they? are they reserved? or first come first sevre? how many sessions are there? Thursday thru Saturday? Thank you, been trying to get on Klints website but they must be working on it. Just wasn't sure when the hotels start filling up? or mayb they already are

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 05:48AM
Yes, our website is down for a day or so. Eastland Suites in Urbana is our host hotel 217-367-8331. Rantoul motels are usually booked solid and poorly maintained. Champaign-Urbana is 25 minutes south, but worth the drive. Thanks Klint

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 06:01AM
Is the first session Thursday night or Thursday afternoon?

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 08:01AM
seems like its down on tractors this year, whats the deal. i have always felt like this is THE PLACE to watch tractors.i hope to see this event keep growing but doesnt look like it this year.

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 10:34AM
Been a long fall. Hope to get several more the next few weeks.

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 11:34AM
my enty be in mail next couple days 4 light pro class

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 12:24PM
"Sessions" The pull officially starts Thursday Night. Their is nothing pulling in the afternoon on Thursday. They do run a hand full of test hooks Wednesday night but I don't think that is promoted as a spectator event and more for them to test equipment and staff. That leaves them all day Thursday to make any changes to track, equipment, and staff.

"No Tractors" I'm not sure what classes your speaking about specifically. My last count I believe the "entire show" was at 228 entries(some tractors are counted more then once if they are in more then one class). I'm thinking that is pretty good compared to the Kentucky which runs about 180.

"Wheretostay" Your looking at about a 30 min drive to decent hotels(Urbana/Champaign). Like Klint said the few closer decent ones in Rantoul are booked up. The "Quarters Inn" is probably still available but from what I have heard that place is rough for what little of a drive it would save. You can buy tickets right at the front gate, I believe they are around $80-100 for the whole show. No there is no assigned seats. They do have the first 3 rows of seats(the only folding chairs) sectioned off for sponsors. Each sponsor has like 15 seats or so they get to control who sits in them. After the 3 rows of sponsor seating is a walk way, then starts the bleacher seating, which is first come first serve, but you will see blankets and cushions marking peoples seats. The 5 sessions are Thursday night Jan 15th, Friday Afternoon, Friday Night, Saturday Afternoon, Saturday Night Jan 17th.

Klint recommended the: Eastland Suites, click for website or call (217) 367-8331; the website is not the easiest to use.

Thanks,
Justin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 05:36AM by justinmichaelbennett.

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 02:51PM
Am I overlooking the competitors list for the 8500 limited pro-stock, or is no one listed?

Re: GORDYVILLE November 17, 2014 04:03PM
I think I got it back up. Website been driving us nuts. Thanks

Re: GORDYVILLE November 20, 2014 05:00PM
I attended Gordyville for the first time two years ago and was impressed with how well the show was run. They can push tractors through quicker and smoother than anyone else. If you like smoke, it's the place to go. My only complaint was that we were not allowed into the pit area. We have friends that pull there and other pullers that we know that we like to talk to. I also work on some pulling tractors and the info and feedback I get from the pullers is very important to me. What I would like to know if this has changed or is there anyway to gain access to the pits. If the pits are still closed to spectators it's not worth it to me to go back. One thing that I have always admired about tractor pulling was the open pits to the spectators and I feel is important to the sport.

Re: GORDYVILLE November 20, 2014 10:53PM
You can buy a pit pass.

Re: GORDYVILLE November 21, 2014 01:10AM
Pit passes are available for purchase. The speed of the show would not be possible with the pits full of spectators. There is an awfully lot going on back there and space is pretty limited.

Re: GORDYVILLE November 21, 2014 01:15AM
The pits are only shut down to spectators from one hour before competition till the session is over, then we open it back up. We have to keep the pit area free of excess spectators walking around while we move tractors around at a very fast pace. You can come in through the south side of the building and purchase pit passes. This allows you to be in the pit during competition hours. Hope this helps and you now understand why we shut down the pit during competition. Thanks Klint

Re: GORDYVILLE November 21, 2014 01:28AM
How much is a pit pass? Is it good for every session or do you have to buy one for each session? thanks

Re: GORDYVILLE November 21, 2014 02:33AM
$25, per session. $125 for all weekend.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009