Xcaliber meeting November 24, 2014 02:31PM
This is a bad year to move the meeting St Louis. They might want move it back to Columbia at the last min.

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 25, 2014 03:43AM
Moving the meeting/banquet isn't going to happen and is not necessary. The Ameristar in St. Charles is not near the Ferguson/Florissant area and this isn't an issue at all. Prepayments have been made for the banquet and I'm sure several members have already booked hotel rooms. Most of this will have died down by December 5th/6th. The little, if any, that remains of the protests, etc. will not be a concern in St. Charles county. So for those of you that are even a little worried about you or your family's safety - I am here to 100% put those worries to rest. While I wouldn't advocate sending the wife and kids out to Ferguson for Chirstmas shopping during the rules meeting (that's a joke) ... anything outside of that will be fine. Come on out to enjoy the wonderful facilities without worry. It should be a good time. Most kids (and adults) will especially enjoy the fountain "show" inside. It isn't the Bellagio but St.Charles isn't Las Vegas either... If you have any other questions - please ask.

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 25, 2014 10:55AM
On the positive side no Work Boots were stolen last night!

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 26, 2014 05:01PM
The rioters quickly dispersed when they started shooting job applications at them with a potato gun !!

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 25, 2014 12:14PM
Wow someones not seeing the things going down in St Louis! Enter at your own risk! It will be far from over,, have you seen the list of places to be hit?

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 26, 2014 03:03AM
Live in St. Charles county 15-20 min from the Ameristar. I work downtown. St. Charles is worlds apart from St. Louis although most just lump the entire region together. The only sign I have seen of any of this is on TV. The "enter at your own risk" mentality is silly and (I'm just guessing here) is just perpetuated by media propaganda painting the entire region as "dangerous" and "in turmoil". Sure - a few areas you might want to steer clear of for the next couple of weeks but in St. Louis there are areas that are not safe to go to even at noon on a weekday all year around. Common sense dictates that.

The Ameristar is in St. Charles county a good distance from any unsafe areas. I would never intentionally put any XCaliber members/families in harms way. My opinion as someone who lives in St. Charles county is that it would simply be silly to not attend the annual meeting or banquet b/c of the unrest in Ferguson. I am just trying to offer the real story and my opinion that it just wouldn't make any sense for anyone to alter their plans. I'm sure there are those living in rural communities outside of the STL region that are wondering how bad it really is and whether or not it would be dangerous to come. I grew up in a small town and understand those concerns. I am simply trying to provide inside information from someone who lives in the area to say that, at this point, it is 100% a non-issue. If that somehow changes between now and then - I will be the first one to post "Stay away from St. Charles!" on pulloff.

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 26, 2014 04:56AM
You are Right, the media has blown it up, just like the snow in Buffalo last week. If you listen to the News almost the entire State of New York is shut down, when in reality it was a Six mile wide band of Snow. I was watching Ferguson last night and there were more Cameramen there than Demonstrators.

Re: Xcaliber meeting - Buffalo NY comparison...... November 26, 2014 05:08AM
........on the Buffalo snow matter.....the absolute heaviest band of snowfall may have been only 6 miles wide (sometimes the nature of lake effect precipitation), but you'd best get your odometer recalibrated if you seriously think this was the only area with signifcant snowfall that was adversly affected......maybe take a good look at the square miles affected, that tells a slightly different story.

Re: Xcaliber meeting - Buffalo NY comparison...... November 26, 2014 08:39AM
OK sorry , I never said how long it was only how wide it was , lol.

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 26, 2014 12:32PM
Real over played in Ferguson as 25 businesses got burnt no concern at all.

Re: Xcaliber meeting November 26, 2014 02:41PM
Probably wouldn't have had that much damage had our Obama puppet Governor Nixon sent enough National Guard Troops in the first night and then after the Governor took all the heat from the 1st night of violence they sent in enough the 2nd night to help contain most of the violence. You know the police are scared to react but the Guard is taught to shoot first and ask questions later and that is the only way to handle a situration like that. Sorry for the rant.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2014 11:23PM by farmall puller.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009