big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? November 28, 2014 08:42AM
heard there was big changes for SMTTPA got rid of the old sled and going with a race sled is this true and a change of president and vice.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? November 28, 2014 11:08AM
Yes it is. They changed president not sure who it is.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? November 30, 2014 03:40AM
Rob Verch-Pres. Robert Stokes-VP

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? November 30, 2014 07:23AM
And the promoter pays the sled more and the pullers less

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? November 30, 2014 01:22PM
Should be a way better association with the old president gone!!!! Maybe there will be more pullers and you actually see some color in the tractor classes!!

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 04, 2014 02:25AM
In all the years I've attended SMTTPA pulls,Ive only mostly seen red tractors pull,week in and week out.Maybe one pull in the year,you'll see a green tractor,but not often

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 04, 2014 06:58AM
U should see a yellow tractor there next year if I can get it done in time

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 05, 2014 01:12AM
I hope so.Itd be good to see a little variety.I wish you the best of luck

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 01, 2014 09:35AM
Narrow minds have narrow ways ,, we pulled for a long time with this org- and heard these new guys are just as narrow minded

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 01, 2014 12:07PM
It's funny that u gripes about how Dewayne ran the organization but I'm pretty sure every year if you don't like the way he's running it you could've voted him out.i'm not a big fan of Dwayne and the ways done some thing. I was at the meeting when they voted for the new sled. I also think that is not going to bring any more competitors because most of the guys around pull with mid Missouri and Missouri State.Those organizations pay a lot better prize money and there's a whole lot less bickering. That my 2 cent

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 01, 2014 01:59PM
Southern Mo. and Spring River need to form one strong association. This would make a viable entity. Gonna be hard for both going their own way. That's my $.02.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 02, 2014 02:29AM
I think that this comment from "Outsider" is spot on. There are not enough good pulls or pullers to support 4 associations in SW Missouri over the long haul. Having SMTTPA combine with Spring River (or MoArkTPA or Draggin' Wagon) would be good for everyone - for the most part. All 4 groups have seen their seasons shrink to 8-13 pulls. Combining associations would grow that number and also grow the number of pullers and then the quality of the pulls and the purses. There would be a few issues to sort out but I think it would be a win-win over the long haul. MoArkTPA and SMTTPA might be the easiest merger as they already use Bungart sleds for all their pulls. The other two groups would have to be convinced to park their sleds - which is never an easy thing to do.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 02, 2014 03:16AM
Time will tell but I personally believe that many will be satisfied (and maybe even impressed) with any changes that are made by the new leaders. We should at least give them a chance to show what they can do.

And people can say what they want about Dewane - and I will say that I was as critical of the decisions he made and how he ran most things as anyone. But the fact is that the man spent countless hours over more than a decade dedicated to SMTTPA when few others were willing to donate their time. The timing of this change is right because, among other things, Dewane can now concentrate his time and effort to dealing with his own personal health issues. I wish him the best with those challenges moving forward.

There is one thing that "Dc" is 100% wrong about. There are more pullers than I can count that have personally told me that they would not pull with SMTTPA for one reason - because of the sled. They said they would gladly attend some of the SMTTPA events when their home association had an open date for extra pulls or a test & tune opportunity - but would not consider it until SMTTPA moved away from that sled....which they now have. So I would absolutely be shocked if this change didn't bring in a few more pullers. They may not run the entire season with SMTTPA from the start - but they will at least give them a chance here and there. That is not to mention all of the SW Missouri pullers that have moved to MMTTPA, MSTPA, MoArk, & XCaliber that may come back to a few SMTTPA pulls now that the sled and leadership has changed.

As far as other associations paying "a lot better" - MSTPA certainly does, but they do not have any truck classes below Pro4x4.
Comparisons:
MMTTPA pays $610 for their Pro4x4 class compared to $600 for SMTTPA's Pro4x4 class.
MMTTPA pays $550 for their Pro-Street class compared to $490 for SMTTPA.
MMTTPA pays $380 for Super Street trucks compared to $440 for SMTTPA.
MMTTPA pays $460 for 2.6 8000# Diesel trucks compared to $490 for SMTTPA
The tractor classes are more difficult to compare but MMTTPA pays 9500 Pro Field tractors $450 compared to $490 for SMTTPA which I believe is more or less the same class.

So SMTTPA pays more in 3 of those 5 classes and is only $10 less in the Pro4x4 class. It is funny how the facts sometimes fly in the face of opinion or perception. I am not MMTTPA bashing at all. They are a fantastically run group, very friendly, very professional, welcoming to new pullers, and honestly are the standard that SMTTPA should try to reach. I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences pulling with them. I'm just pointing out that the SMTTPA class purses are more or less on par with MMTTPA.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 02, 2014 12:00PM
(as time will tell )said that DC was 100% wrong I guess you need to go back and look at the payout per class room. 1st,2nd,3rd payout is a lot better mid-mo pay 4places where smttpa pay 5 places and as far as truck class go I don't care I like the diesel pick up ,and d-3 that all. But this is my opinion. I do know a few years ago we made changes to the rule to bring in more people because they said if they did they would pull more and last I checked pretty much the same people. And yes a few more mite pull here and there but I'm talking overall. And I do think it be a good idea if the other associations join together.the Marshfield sled has a bad reputation for changing rules so others can't pull .Or when other puller come to pull they protest them and then they called cheaters because they beat them. I have seen this 1st hand. I have been told by a lot of tractor puller it not Worth their time to go get into a argument so they can pull

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 04, 2014 02:05AM
The only truck class below Pro 4x4 in MSTPA is Pro Street 4x4.They do have that

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 02, 2014 01:55AM
My Dad has pulled with SMTTPA for a long time.They are the only organization close to us(Harrison Arkansas)that has a Prostock 4x4 class that we can run in.Events close to home,a bunch of trucks,and good people and competition.What more could you ask for.The new sled will definitely make for some long runs.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? December 30, 2014 07:53AM
Why will there be longer runs

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 02:42AM
MSTPA got rid of their Pro Street class this year because of not enough hooks in that class. I was at meeting for SMTTPA and I believe we were all lied to. We were told by Mr. Vice president Stokes that if we were to vote on the runaway sled we would hear of all the good ideas the board has come up with. Well we voted and that was the end of that discussion.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 05:12AM
Sounds like we all should go pull with mid-mo

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 05:57AM
I am for the x factor sled all the wat but I feel how it was voted on was not the correct way. Since when can you call in your vote?? That's why so many people are mad at the association I feel. You had outside pullers that were members of the association that didn't attend which I believe you should have to be present to vote. Am I right??

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 06:09AM
Dead on

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 11:19AM
That's where I will be!! I also heard smttpa is changing there payouts without member voting on this so they can afford the sled. Hate to say it but I think smttpa is going down hill fast!! Too much drama in this association.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 01:31PM
What do you mean by runaway sled have you pulled an X factor sled

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 06:14AM
I'm totally for the x factor sled but I've talked to a lot of pullers about why they are so mad and they believe the vote on sled was unfair and I understand why. Since when are you allowed to call pullers on phone and have them vote that way? We have never done this am I right? That's why you got pullers all mad at the association.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 05:49AM
Vote for new sled was in November... it is now april and still no meeting to discuss on the new changes that we were told about if the sled was passed. Communicate with the members is all. All winter there has been "rumours"

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 11:51AM
I saw somthing about a lawsuit. Who is paying for this? There is alot that has been changed without a vote of members. Funny, they were mad about old leadership but it seems the same

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 12:34PM
What do you mean they changed the payout?

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 12:44PM
Heard they are only paying 4 places instead of 5

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 12:50PM
Funny dont remember voting on a payout change.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 06, 2015 01:37PM
Last I new mstpa drops pro street do to no trucks?

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 01:30PM
Myself and 2 friends have pulled for years we have 3 4x4 trucks to pull at smttpa this year and haven't pulled there in the past because of the old sled new leadership xfactor sled you will see new trucks this may help your turnout why not try something new as for leadership give them a break and let them try it is a lot harder jobs then you thank

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 02:40AM
You may agree or disagree with this statement (it is just my opinion) but usually when any group elects its leaders, they are trusting them to make the decisions that best benefit the organization as a whole. Then, following their term, the same group decides if it wants to continue with that leadership or move in another direction. All I am saying is that perhaps we should give the new leadership a few pulls, perhaps even an entire season before deciding if they are running things correctly and moving SMTTPA in a positive direction. Maybe they have some good ideas that just haven't had a chance to be implemented. They haven't even had their first pull yet! When you elect board members and a Pres / Vice Pres, etc - I think you are placing the trust in them to make the necessary decisions. I don't think it makes sense for every member to vote on every decision. Frankly, I don't know any association that operates that way...nor should it. Everyone knows I could probably write a list a mile long of all the decisions (both good and bad) that Dewayne made without consulting the board (or anyone else) over the last 10 years. I like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was making decisions that he believed would be good for the association. Let's give the new leadership the same benefit of the doubt.

As far as payouts go, perhaps a reevaluation was necessary. Maybe it doesn't make sense for every class to pay 5 places. Some classes didn't even average 5 vehicles per pull whereas some, like Pro Street, and Pro 4x4 averaged quite a bit more than 5 per night. Street Stock/Super Street used to be a 10-15 truck class at one time. Maybe one class that pulls in around 10 vehicles per night SHOULD pay more places than one that averages about 3-4 vehicles per night. And numbers aren't the only factor. The expense of the vehicle and the quality of "show" it puts on also weights into the payout discussion. Just a thought.

I just think that we should give them some time to turn things around before tearing them down. If it is more of the same and things aren't getting better (or are worse) - then by all means the members should look in another direction at the annual meeting and elect board members and executives that better represent their vision. But my gut feeling is that if we give them a chance to show how it can be better - we may just be surprised at the results. At least I hope I am right.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 04:01AM
I will do my best here to clarify a few things and rumors going around.

There has not been a 100% decision made on changing the payout schedule. There will be a meeting with the members. All paid SMTTPA members should be receiving a letter anytime with the details.

I understand that there are some people upset about the change of leadership and sled in the association. Everyone that was at the meeting had the same opportunity to vote on the officers of the board, board members, and the sled. The sled change was passed with a 2/3 majority.

There was a lot of concerns with the old sled. It was out dated with mechanical and consistency problems. There was also the issue with it having a hard time stopping the larger diesel truck and tractors. Then it becomes a safety issue.

I will be the first to say that Dewayne supported SMTTPA for years. He put more into the association than anyone I know. Dewayne also has had a lot of health issues and needs to take care of his health. Being president he was responsible for coordinating pulls, getting sponsors, and taking care of the sled. That was a job no one wanted. The new guys in charge have a lot experience between them and a very good board to back them. Rob Verch served as VP for years with Dewayne and Robert Stokes has pulled for many years with multiple associations.

The board has been meeting every month to sort everything out and address issues that a lot of the members had no idea about. Unfortunately a lot of that time has been spent on addressing the issue of the old sled. It's still missing with little to no cooperation from people who know where it is. There is some newer equipment on that sled that we could use. Also there is a board to make decisions for the association. Members vote in who they feel will best represent the association. There are decisions that have to be made and voted on by the board for what is in the best interest of the association.

I believe this will be a good year for SMTTPA. There is already a great list of pulls and I think we will see some new iron out there. I know a lot of pullers are excited and looking forward to changes that have been made. I hope to see some new faces. I think the board will be very open and receptive to ideas that anyone may have to help make the association even better. There is no reason why we can't have a great season with support from the pullers, promoters, and fans. There are a lot of great people and iron in this association and I personally look forward to 2015!

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 06:27AM
I personally think paying 4 places is good if u are there to win 5th maybe u should leave ur truck at home.If u wanna drive 3 hrs to pull ur truck by all means go.Why whine about smttpa

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 08:50AM
Call in votes on sled was done on both sides so why is everyone pissy about.right or wrong there was votes that went both directions

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 03:28PM
Not all of us want to spend half the night driving to get to a pull and it's not the leadership that's the problem.sounds like to me they pull mid mo anyway so why start crap down here just go pull your truck and don't worry about Wats going on down here

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 12:29AM
Mr Holstein
Call in votes on sled was done on both sides so why is everyone pissy about.right or wrong there was votes that went both directions
Mr Holstein you are wrong. You did not count the votes. If you throw out the call in votes the old sled stays. But once again cry baby Stokes gets his way

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 01:55AM
Wrong
Mr Holstein
Mr Holstein you are wrong. You did not count the votes. If you throw out the call in votes the old sled stays. But once again cry baby Stokes gets his way
Call in votes went both ways but it's time the board gets a hold of association and make some changes to make work.to many pullers got to do Wat they wanted.it's time to run it like it's supposed to be.it's been said before if the leadership can't do it step up in the fall and take it over.so many people want complain but don't want to step up and help.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 09:27AM
I'll just keep pulling mid mo and Missouri state. Sounds like smttpa is run by a bunch of democrats!! Too much drama down there for me. Leadership has always been awful and will always be that way. Why wouldn't you wanna travel up north and play with the "Big Boys"?? More money and less drama!!

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 10:45AM
This has got way out of hand ! Smttpa needs to get a grip on it! Let the new guys have a season . If u Don't like how it was done step up in the fall and run for office !

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 07, 2015 03:32PM
Money not really any better at mid mo than smttpa.drama in truck pulling no matter where u go

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 12:28AM
Datnamit folks you (SMTTPA) all didn't get all messed up overnite (if that's what you call it) and it will not get fixed overnite. I probably speaking for lack of knowledge but it would look to me like you need to put some faith in you new leadership and give them time to make thing better. As far as you sled issues to my knowledge most associations don't get the approvel of the pullers for what ( you normally pull what sled the bd approves) sled you use so I would say if they were asking the pullers what they wanted then sound to me like they are trying to get something done towards meeting the pullers desires. I'm sure the Exfactor sled are going to cost more so the bd is having to deal with a increased cost and are probably getting resisitance for the promoters so they may acturally be looking at a lesser payout so that you will have a place to pull you puller. I would think if you can stay close to home and pull you could do that cheaper than driving a bunch of extra miles. Think about that for a moment when you start complaining about the money involved. That's just my two cents into something I should stay out of but think about it you folks that pull down in that country

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 12:31AM by farmall puller.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 02:09AM
farmall puller
Datnamit folks you (SMTTPA) all didn't get all messed up overnite (if that's what you call it) and it will not get fixed overnite. I probably speaking for lack of knowledge but it would look to me like you need to put some faith in you new leadership and give them time to make thing better. As far as you sled issues to my knowledge most associations don't get the approvel of the pullers for what ( you normally pull what sled the bd approves) sled you use so I would say if they were asking the pullers what they wanted then sound to me like they are trying to get something done towards meeting the pullers desires. I'm sure the Exfactor sled are going to cost more so the bd is having to deal with a increased cost and are probably getting resisitance for the promoters so they may acturally be looking at a lesser payout so that you will have a place to pull you puller. I would think if you can stay close to home and pull you could do that cheaper than driving a bunch of extra miles. Think about that for a moment when you start complaining about the money involved. That's just my two cents into something I should stay out of but think about it you folks that pull down in that country
well said farmall puller

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 04:17AM
Just dont see why there is such a big deal with finding or careing where the sled is. Nobody wanted to pull it so who cares. Cut ties with past and move on, nothing is to be won with pursuing whoever has or involved with the sled In my opinion. All its gonna cause is hard feelings and more drama for the association. After the vote was done at the meeting it should have been discussed on the changes rite then, but thats just my opinion. I figure im the a hole for having a opinion. As for the payout I commented on... I totally agree 100% "rumors" about what has been proposed to be changed to better the association. Mr Holstein is rite, nobody shows up to win a 5th place check. To me its about showing off what you built. I guess its just my opinion of a few members would like to know whats going on with the big changes ahead with a month till the first pull is all.

Matt

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? April 08, 2015 03:40PM
Just to be clear. SMTTPA is the one being sued.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"???-old sled April 24, 2015 02:25AM
Just heard from the new president the old sled is being hidden by the former president and a guy that put parts on the sled.they claim that it is owned by them and not the organization.All a bunch of drama if you ask me

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"???-old sled April 24, 2015 10:56AM
I just heard Boyd Coddington died!
And I got a great rate at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

how did the big meeting go April 26, 2015 09:37AM
I wasn't able to make the meeting yesterday. what new for this pulling year? what the word on the old sled

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? May 17, 2015 06:01AM
Years ago there was bout 10 or more people pitch in to buy that sled people that were in smttpa pulling. Also heard that people are gunna get jumped at Marshfield so have fun boys Tee he

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? May 17, 2015 06:11AM
if the bill of sale says it was sold to the smttpa, then nothing else matters. no matter who donated to help pay for it, ran it, worked on it, etc has a say. legally it is smttpa's sled. seen this happen before with other stuff. its open and close in court.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? May 24, 2015 08:25AM
Someone will get there ass whooped at the Marshfield pull. I think they know its coming to them

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? June 10, 2015 02:41AM
Sure was a Good turn out at Crane and a good pull.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? June 02, 2015 02:55PM
Just to clarify this whole thing.It says clearly in the southern Missouri rulebook the Executive Board has the final say on sled matters.After seeing the pull at Marshfield Saturday night I think it made things more fair for everybody.As Phil said above.The old sled had problems with stopping the bigger trucks and tractorsAnd then it became a safety issue.I think the new sled was definitely a good change and the smttpa board made the right decision

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? June 03, 2015 12:19AM
You will always get a fair pull with the "ExFactor" sleds and crew. They are a "top notch top of the line" organization to work with. I understand that's who your group is using now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 12:22AM by farmall puller.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? June 03, 2015 07:20PM
I'm not bashing the X factor sled It a great sled I just didn't see that much difference between it in the old sled I didn't see much more speed then the old sled. I didn't see that many truck or tractor like I was told would be there that might be because the weather. It was a good pull from what I saw. Hopefully more competitors will come throughout the year. And hopefully my tractor will be done by then. Hopefully it'll be a great year for everybody

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? June 09, 2015 12:55PM
The old sled had no problem with stopping the big trucks and tractors. That's a dump thing to say they let them run faster for a better show. O well you guys lost a lot of good old time pullers people set there stuff up to pull that sled. All the racing sled does is hit hard at the end. Bunch of new idiots coming in that only pulled a few years and think they know everything bout pulling

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? June 09, 2015 02:23PM
you were going to struggle greatly to continue to get new pullers in there to pull that old sled. The choice was keep the "old school" guys happy but limit the club or make a lot of them mad but open the club up for growth. It hurts but the right decision was made. At the end of the day there are more guys who don't want to pull the old sled than there are guys who don't want to pull the new sled.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? August 17, 2015 11:37AM
Let me just say that Smttpa has had a heck of a season.just in pro 4x4 we've had a much more variety of trucks from other associations like rat trap,big deal,shock treatment,show me Chevy,wicked sensation,hangin tuff,and others come pull with us.i guarantee you that if the old sled was there they wouldn't have pulled with us.other classes have seen new iron as well and it will continue.watch and see

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 19, 2015 11:59AM
They would of came down anyway buddy.
We need that old sled back and get some
rules changed. A lot of stuff needs voted on

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 19, 2015 04:16PM
I will respectfully disagree. And the ship has sailed on the sled. The only way the old one gets used again is if a new club is formed and uses it.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 20, 2015 02:06AM
I came down and ran once ( wasn't able to make it work out more than once) this summer with u folks and really enjoyed it and was very well treated. I will tell u the reason I didn't come in the past was due to the old sled. U made a very positive decision and I hope U stick with that decision as we are going to try to pull more with SMTTPA in the future. As for payout and the opinons on paying 5 places I'll throw in my to cents worth and that is if u are in the game for the money u are pulling with the wrong outfits and I think u need to spread the payouts out over more places so everyone can get a little fuel money to go to the next pull after all we are show people putting on a show and that is what we are selling wiether we want to say it or believe it. U don't put on a good show u won't be back and that is a fact so spread out the money and help everyone a little.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 21, 2015 12:45AM
Where is all the tractors at? When't to a couple pulls and there was 3 tractors. For three tractor classes. What a joke. Last year you averaged 60 to 65 hooks a pull now you averaged 40 hooks. Spring rivers and a dragon wagon average 70 to 80 hooks and a lot more tractors.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 27, 2015 06:38AM
Fan
Where is all the tractors at? When't to a couple pulls and there was 3 tractors. For three tractor classes. What a joke. Last year you averaged 60 to 65 hooks a pull now you averaged 40 hooks. Spring rivers and a dragon wagon average 70 to 80 hooks and a lot more tractors.
Pullers with SMTTPA usually only hook in 1 class. Draggin wagon and spring river pullers pull several times in different classes...

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 27, 2015 06:32AM
Thanks for pulling Redelight..

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 21, 2015 11:32AM
Who is putting up the signs in Marshfeild about smttpa President? And are they true. If they are true why in the world is he the president, and why would these promoters use this Association

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 21, 2015 11:57AM
Want to know
Who is putting up the signs in Marshfeild about smttpa President? And are they true. If they are true why in the world is he the president, and why would these promoters use this Association

They signs are not true someone who is stuck in high school
Is putting them up because they have no life and are pissed because things didn't go their way. They had a vote and lost they
vote. Just very childish if you ask me.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 21, 2015 12:52PM
Just looked there President up on case net the signs are true. Looks like the high schooler knows what he talking about. Can't believe the Marshfield lions club would use that Association with that man as the President . They are supposed to help kids. I will not take my family to any smttpa pulls

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 26, 2015 05:37PM
Ok let me clarify some things.About the signs they weren't about the president Verch they were about vice president Robert stokes.I mean I can totally understand having a grudge against somebody.But tell them how you feel instead of saying it behind their back.And about the stuff that happened a couple years ago with the bad messages.no one knows what happened except him and thepeople who received the messages.i know Rob and i know he didn't mean it to be sent to those people.but that was a long time ago and kids see it on tv anyway .quit digging up the past because it only muddies up the present

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 22, 2015 03:01AM
Not sure what the signs are but found the top article interesting!

Link

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 21, 2015 05:10PM
I don't think they want tractor there. I offered to bring my Minneapolis Moline to pull in there 6500 hot stock tractor. It been around for more then 15 + year pulling it does extremely well pulling in its own class I would be way outclassed 40 feet behind the normal guys I offered to put a ROP bar on it & fenders for safety and I was told it would not be safe My tractor goes 10 mph down the track I don't want to put a Roll cage on because we'd have to redo the whole back end of the tractor and it would add a lot of extra weight that could not be removed so I couldn't pull in 5500 lbs antique class no more (my weight is 5450 pounds with me sitting on the tractor). But the funny thing is I went to mid mo pull A few weeks ago and there was a couple pretty hot internationals in there 11000lbs hot stock pull with a ROP bar. I Just want to pull and have fun. I have went an pulled with the Dragon wagon several times this year and have not had any tractors there except one time. But they are some great people to be around and I've had a lot of fun pulling they're just wish I had some competition when I was there.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 21, 2015 06:45PM
By the way my tractor is A naturally aspirated 3000 rpm tractor it does extremely well when pulling against Other naturally aspirated 3000rpm tractor not 500 hp turbo tractors but I don't care about that I just want to have fun and put more colors out there

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 22, 2015 12:49AM
DC you are correct about the hot farm class at MMTTPA running a rops instead of a roll cage. The reason is that class is a very limited class and it only allowed to run 2950 rpms and they also are allowed to run without steel clutch componates. the big different between the 11000 hotfarm class and the 5900 profield class is the amount of hp and speed they produce, if you notice the sled normally makes no changes in the sled settings (these classes normally follow one another) and the 5900 profield out pull the 11000 hotfarm class by several feet and that is the reason the profiled tractor run more safety equipment. Hp and speed is the big factor.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 22, 2015 03:38AM
I understand the safety factor but you also can tell the difference between 100 hp tractor and a 800 hp. but what I saw pull at Lebanon there wasn't much difference between the pro field tractors and one of those hot stock tractors pulled in the pro field class. Before 6500 hotstock class started with smttpa it was known as 6000 pound stock. There is not really a class for us anywhere our tractor is still too new for antique and there's nowhere else to pull it. The antique association were I pull with let us but it's too new to go pull anywhere else and I can't stand go in 5 mph down the tract. There needs to be a rule put in there anything over 12 mile an hour has to run cages anything under that can run a ROP bar and 3000 RPM limit but all safety devices like helmets , fire suit , five point harness would remain the same it's easy fix but nobody wants to do it that my opinion you will get a lot of these older tractors like ours back if you can do something like this because it's cheap and inexpensive versus buying a $1500 cage and you get all your safety features. Which would you rather see one tractor pull or would you rather see five or six or 10? If you open it up you'll get more beginning pulling that can't afford the $20,000 ++++ tractor they can build one for $5000 get started then building a bigger one for that class. This used to be the beginner class for you to get into the pro field class. You can get the organization together and make rules so it is safe to pull these little tractors like mine

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 23, 2015 03:16AM
Red delight I am not talking about a pro field class it called 6500 hot stock smttpa I know they are a very similar class but I also know the pro fleid classes put out a whole lot more power then those hot stock

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 22, 2015 04:46AM
RED DELIGHT
the big different between the 11000 hotfarm class and the 5900 profield class is the amount of hp and speed they produce, if you notice the sled normally makes no changes in the sled settings (these classes normally follow one another) and the 5900 profield out pull the 11000 hotfarm class by several feet and that is the reason the profiled tractor run more safety equipment.

Uh, you sure about that? The results tell a different story.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 23, 2015 01:07AM
Both Classes will run similar distances with no sled changes and the profield class runs more than 12mph.

Re: big changes for SMTTPA "southern missouri"??? September 23, 2015 02:26AM
The top 11000 lb tractors are running road gear and over which is a touch faster than 12mph.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009