Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 15, 2014 05:17AM
With the recent advancements in billit injection pumps, there has been an increasing supply of cast sigma pumps sitting on shelves across the country. Wouldnt these pumps make life a lot easier on guys running the light pro class? They are amazing pumps, and operate all season long without issue. Excellent track rrcord for performance and durability. Will there be an organization that takes notice of this situation and exploits it for the benefit of their competators?

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 15, 2014 05:26AM
Wait until you buy one of these used pumps and start running it and then something happens to your "cast housing" and you have to buy a new pump to get the housing. Not a dog in this fight but stay were you are at is my vote

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 15, 2014 05:30AM
7100 pumps cost more and dont have the performance of the sigma. What does it cost to repair a 7100 when it fails? Would the annual cost be greater with the sigma? I would think money would be saved by allowing them. And a definate performance gain.

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 15, 2014 05:41AM
From an opinion standpoint the main reason is there has to be a stopping point somewhere in limited classes. Opening one door leads to another door that gets opened then you have multiple cubic inch versions of the same class. Even though that old cast sigma sitting on the shelf will soon be subject to the same mods the p pump currently is and will prove to be just as costly. You won't notice it at first but soon someone will figure out how to enhance it for the light pro and you'll be in the same boat you are now. Limit the p pump and you'll solve the problem.

Dead horse! December 15, 2014 06:17AM
This whole conversation was had on Fonda's board. It's a moot point to argue.

Re: Dead horse! December 15, 2014 07:37AM
Is there a quick link to fonda's board? I would be interested in reading it....

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 15, 2014 12:17PM
The problem is that makes sense, which is where pulling doesn't always use rational thinking. Its the old "I'm scared of something I don't have", or "I already bought this pump" excuse. Until there is a change of those who make, propose, and enforce the rules there won't be a change in the "P" pump rule. Why limit it to a cast housing?
If your going to do it for the reason of a "better", more "durable" pump, then the after market housings should be allowed. If someone wants to drop the cash for the top of the line sigma pump, that may or may not give any performance advantage, why limit them. Many arguments can be made for both, but for now it's just a thought for those who would like to have the option to have a sigma.

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 16, 2014 10:21AM
you can use that option and then go pull diesel super or the big pro stock class, if you want to spend the money go pull in the class its allowed.

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 16, 2014 10:46AM
I understand George. But my point is this- the cast pump sigmas can not compete in either of the classes that it is allowed in. They do a great job moving fuel, and putting it in an engine at a very high rate of speed. 6* of crank rotation to be exact. Some P-pump cam profiles take as long as 17* to inject the fuel. With the advancements of turbochargers, (most) everyone is running 1600cc of fuel as a baseline in prostocks and 1800+ in the supers. Maybe I am off with these figures, and if I am.... Please correct me. Jerry Lagod told me 1550 was max for my pump. I need 1800 to do what I want to do. I cant risk grenading my engine from underfueling. I have to drop 16-18k on a larger pump. If I could hand someone in the light pro class, or light superstock class, it would sure help ease the pain.

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 16, 2014 11:14AM
The problem is the cast sigma are only durable because the big pump shops force you to go billet to get 17s because the can.

Once there is a cast only sigma rule someone will convince them with enough $$$ to put the 17s and undercut cams in the cast housings. Then the "cast" sigma will be less durable than the p pumps.

And then you will have to deal with the recast housings. Are they legal?

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 16, 2014 11:37AM
We have a pump rule and the p pump are not even close to running out of fuel
Why don't you spend your time trying to get us in at Louisville and bowling green !!!

Re: Why not open the door for cast housing sigma pumps in light pro class? December 16, 2014 02:03PM
I have said all along this class should be at BG

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,745, Posts: 229,887, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM