Exhaust pipes and tilt hoods December 22, 2014 04:43AM
What do folks do for mounting indoor exhaust pipes to tilt hoods? Do you join them to the pipe that is attached to the hood? Do you run a different pipe that connects to the exhaust elbow?

I assume most join the outer pipe to the hood and run a smaller pipe from the turbo into it. Does anyone have a better idea for this?

Thanks.

Re: Exhaust pipes and tilt hoods December 23, 2014 03:58AM
We jus hook to pipe on hood ...use a double bell end. An a sealed clamp on it.all the parts are at you local truck shop.trying up load pic , but won't load .send me pm.I send couple pic for ya if like..

Re: Exhaust pipes and tilt hoods December 25, 2014 12:30AM
Thank you for the response on this. This is what figured but did not know for sure. Do you seal off under the hood with indoor or is the draw of air enough to not require that?

Re: Exhaust pipes and tilt hoods December 25, 2014 03:37AM
We run4"up to a 5"out the hood, it slips up in 5" alittle bit, we dont have alot smoke come out it, under the hood , our hood tilts forard, built cage bracket , carries most weight of our5" pipe an jus rest onhood pipe, with double bell an seal clamp,, if you realy worried about smoke under hood , use what we used on coal buckets for heating the beds, a round bell an flange,,when bed goes up lift right off bell, get it at most your dump truck manufactures or grandrock supply,,how you put your exhaust threw bed up threw the uprights,,,but force of turbo pushing we dont loose much smoke out under the hood,,, hope this helps

Re: Exhaust pipes and tilt hoods December 25, 2014 10:01AM
Can you e-mail me some pictures of your exhaust bell
Thanks Allen

Re: Exhaust pipes and tilt hoods December 25, 2014 10:27AM
Allen send me pm
With no. I be glad to help ..pic won't up load..to big...any how I have part no. Laying here now on bell an flange..if u really want make high Tec..there spring plate u can add.to pipe make spring cushion an seal up..pm me

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009