LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? December 28, 2014 02:17AM
I have a serious question here, looking at best fit/options for the LLSS class in our area. I see BOB was trying 3.6" turbo (diesel only) for their LLSS class this year, and I wonder how that trial worked out. Anybody have experience/knowledge on this subject that would help adequately prove whether this is a sensible option or not?

Looking for constructive/sensible responses only, really don't want this thread turning into a b!tch session, that type of publicity is no benefit to the class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 02:41AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? December 28, 2014 04:11AM
Best Thing to do is call Kevin Fulks in Kentucky. I think he ran this turbo on his tractor for testing purpose. He could answer your questions.

Re: LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? December 28, 2014 09:43AM
Moore ran his allis old rags all year with the 3 inch and ran as good and looked to me better than any diesel here in ky

Re: LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? December 28, 2014 09:50AM
You are right! Old rags ran harder then any other diesel out last season. Moores are in the hunt any given night. It's not all about HP at 6000lbs, you have to get it to the ground!

Re: LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? December 28, 2014 12:30PM
Alan Moore is the man on a deisel ( ESPECIALLY ORANGE ) he tried several diferent chargers till he found what worked, all of them were 3inch chargers,Lindsey and Alan know their stuff,as Lewis said,their always in the thick of things always PLENTY of power more of a control thing than anything else.

Re: LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? December 28, 2014 04:34PM
If you measured the total distance traveled, I would say that Lindsay would've won a few hooks this year. The old girl has a habit of wanting to make a right turn off the line. lol

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: LLSS - 3.6" Turbo for Diesel - good or bad? January 01, 2015 10:58AM
859 544 2981 I ran 3.6 2 years with BoB

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009