Super Semi Question December 31, 2014 03:30AM
Had a couple questions about super semis.

I've noticed from watching in cab videos that they must not be required to have a spring loaded throttle?

Do they control the air to the bags on the front drive axle? I notice a lot of them playing with the Johnny bar while driving. A lot of arm through the steering wheel steering too. I also noticed in one of Jacked ups hook that the front axle suddenly dropped fast just before he took off. To the point it lifted the rear axle off the track. I've always noticed that many of them have the rear axle off he ground once they stop at the end. I also saw in some rule books that control of the suspension is prohibited. The trucks I saw using it were NTPA trucks and I don't know their rulebook so I assume it's allowed and possibly what prompted he rule against it.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Re: Super Semi Question December 31, 2014 09:15AM
semis have a dead man throttle just like everybody else. the air bags on some trucks are controlled by the driver however if the rear tires lose contact with the track that vehicle should be dqed. we just dont see that happen

Re: Super Semi Question January 01, 2015 06:58AM
Do they maybe have a foot throttle connected to the hand throttle? Possibly need the handle throttle at the line for better control then use the foot to hold it down until the end do their hand is free?

You can see it in this video, throttle stays forward without his hand on it but comes back at the end without him touching it.

[youtu.be].

Re: Super Semi Question January 01, 2015 07:15AM
Whatch his right foot, when he lifts the throttle comes back. I would guess that he uses his foot for something besides the throttle on takeoff then switches to free up his hand.

Re: Super Semi Question January 01, 2015 01:45PM
Here is the video where I noticed the front drive axle jump on Jacked up when spooling up. Its right around 1:15.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Super Semi Question January 01, 2015 02:58PM
i could not say the rear tire lost contact I was more impressed with the fire suits and helmets

Re: Super Semi Question January 02, 2015 12:33AM
Just plan stupid.

Re: Super Semi Question January 02, 2015 01:33PM
Big Iron classic @ Kasson,Mn.
No safety rules, no tech., no B.S., not much whining.
That said, most P.S. And super semi's use air bags for front drive axle push down.
Jack uses hydraulics.

Re: Super Semi Question January 02, 2015 02:23PM
The only thing I'm saying is he or anybody driving that type of pulling vehicle is just plan stupid if they don't wear there safety equipment. It looks like to me he drove it just as hard as he normally would. Anything can happen I have on numerous accounts at brush pulls seen were people don't wear there fire suits or helmets. I guess they don't value there life. I would hate to see someone's head after it had bounced off a roll cage a couple of times from a wild ride. Those seats belts and harness can break.

Re: Super Semi Question January 03, 2015 02:46AM
I agree on the safety equipment. We allow a lot of exhibitions to run at a local pull I help out with and also have an unlimited truck class. The only rule I have is that it must be safe for the level of competition it is built for. Doesn't matter than you're pulling against a guy with just a programmer, if you have a 3.0 ODL truck you need your safety equipment functioning and your PPE needs to be used. I don't understand the big deal in quick throwing on a firesuit and a helmet just like you would for any other pull.

Trucks are one thing, but tractors with roll cages and no helmets? People doing that can't afford to loose any more brain cells when their head meets the cage. It looks like it hurts enough with a helmet on. Harness shouldn't break, but it's only as strong as the guy who mounted the brackets and i've seen enough that were just tacked in. I'm sure everyone sends their harness in every two years to get restitched and recertified also..,...

I guess I wouldn't necessarily say his tire lost contact, but it was the sudden jump that caught my eye.

Re: Super Semi Question January 03, 2015 12:54PM
Looks to me like he had a nice run, you keyboard pullers can call people stupid all you want but Jack builds his own semis and sells them to. He definetly isn't stupid , He uses the best of everything and obviously has confidence in his work! Haters gonna hate!

Re: Super Semi Question January 03, 2015 03:50PM
Nobody is hating on anybody. But anytime you pull a top notch pulling vehicle like that you need to have your fire suit and helmet on. Just my opinion it would be like Jordan Lustik or Carlton Cope making a test hook at a brush pull without there helmet and fire suit.

Re: Super Semi Question January 06, 2015 07:42AM
Its true, I did not wear my helmet an fire suit at Kasson in 2013. I bad. I promise I will never do it again. It was a STUPED THING AND I APOLIGIZE for my gross neglect for the rules. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

Re: Super Semi Question January 03, 2015 08:32PM
Dang this Whiner guy really cant stand the truth! Too bad it can talk like that but not prove one part of it Sad awww

Re: Super Semi Question January 05, 2015 05:05AM
Your all funny, keyboard pullers at there finest, I think Jack will do whatever he Damn well pleases! Thanks for the opinions but this show requires no safety equipment. It's a show not a pull and the fact of the matter is there was no rules! BTW your opinions mean nothing, just thought I would remind you all since the cool thing to do is talk smack and not post your names.

Re: Super Semi Question January 05, 2015 09:22AM
look again my name is on it ! I have nothing bad to say about Jack, someone ask a semi question and I tried to help.

Re: Super Semi Question January 05, 2015 09:24AM
Oh by the way nice name you have there

Re: Super Semi Question January 05, 2015 12:47PM
Kinda funny Lou Shanklin gets called a key board puller....last time I knew he has a semi that he and his daughter pulls. I'm not the brightest but it's called the black sheep...you'll catch it at OSTPA pulls. Or on MAV tv.. the guy knows what he's talking about. Maybe John force is just a local weekend warrior at the drag strip?

Re: Super Semi Question January 06, 2015 01:54PM
I'm just curious did you have any clothes on at all

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro