Upgraded sheetmetal January 06, 2015 10:07AM
So what is defined as a factory sheetmetal
Upgrade?

Specifically looking at AGCO brands.
Say a White tractor rear should be legal with any modern AGCO brand or a MF rear with newer Allis sheetmetal?

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 06, 2015 10:52AM
From what I was told a couple years ago you would have to run an ago hood on an Allis chassis. The new Massey sheet metal would have to be on a Massey chassis. Fendt can only be run on a component chassis. That's ntpa. Depends on the association or club. We had a Oliver chassis with Massey sheet metal run with us.

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 06, 2015 11:46AM
why can fendt be only run on component they are still making fendts would be an expensive tractor stateside but doable, if a ih 560 or 706 can run case ih metal why couldn't an oliver run agco.

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 06, 2015 11:55AM
That's exactly what I'm thinking. If an International can run CaseIH then why couldn't an Oliver or White run AGCO?

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 06, 2015 12:31PM
Tractor pulling has got to the point even down to the antiques theres no such thing as a real tractor myself its got to the point everybody should just say who cares as long as its got a hood on it my old 570 cockshutt had a oliver rear with a cummins in it my tractor now is a 560 with a 1206 engine and 806 sheetmetal theres not many tractors in any class that is newer than a 1970 The big SS PS tractors is not a tractor period if its componet So why not start putting Belarus sheet metal on Ford rear ends we could have all kinds of color in all the classes the fans wouldn't no the deference then it wouldn't be a red and green show the old rule that the crankshaft has to swing in the model tractor being used has been gone a long time

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 06, 2015 02:42PM
I think the issue is in the "ag rearend" classes. Any Fendt that's been sold in the US is a Vario CVT which I doubt you'd go pulling with. Then again it is just a module sitting in an empty housing. Wouldn't be hard to modify to accept a pulling trans and clutch. Otherwise you'd have to import one of their older tractors.

Engines are Duetz and MAN. Heck just get a MAN 12.4L and decube it then put 1000 series sheet metal on it.

I've always wanted a Fendt puller stateside. There's a few overseas. I wondered if you could just buy a Duetz puller and ask for permission to run Fendt sheet metal instead. It's a stretch but would be neat to add more brands to the lineup.

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 07, 2015 02:58AM
Following the theory that an old Company that produced equipment at one time, and is now owned by another newer Company, gives the tractor the availability to use any of the equipment that has been provided from then, until now, is flawed in my opinion. By example: here is a rough Co. acquisition and merger and buyout history. Case merged the rights with International in 1984. In 1986 they acquired Steiger. In 1997, Case IH took over Fortschritt producing ag. equipment made by VEB and incorporated with IFA. In 1999, Case IH merged with New Holland Ag to form a new parent company, CNH Global. The majority owner of CNH Global is Fiat Industrial. Throw in owning Tennco and David Brown and the options rise. As well as New Holland Ag Co's history of ownership and acquisitions that once incorporated into the Company becomes its history also, starting with the original New Holland Machine Company that was founded in 1895 in New Holland, Pennsylvania. It was acquired by Sperry Corporation in the 1970s, and through a series of mergers that exists today as a portion of Unisys, while some other of its divisions became part of Honeywell as well as Northrop Grumman. Then merged with Ford Motor Company in 1986, and then by Fiat in 1991. Then with Case IH in 1999.
So if the theory people are speaking about is the rule: A International could have a mix of New Holland or Ford equipment with Case stuff mixed in there. Any Fiat option that might be worthy of incorporating. Then add any new Steiger thing they want to the same tractor they started with, and a David Brown steering wheel. All because at one time or another they where owned or had interests in one of those Companies. I think the theory is flawed. The theory muddies the waters. Sheet metal should match the equipment it contains in certain classes of pulling. In my opinion.

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 07, 2015 03:40AM
Well i tell u what if that doesnt answer all the questions i dont know what will!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 08, 2015 01:33PM
I personally don't agree with the "Any engine with any hood" rule but I think that if its reasonable, say AGCO rear with the correct motor and an AGCO heritage hood, it should be good to go..

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 12, 2015 10:37AM
On the Fendt topic, I was reading about the Dieselross pulling team Pro Stock from overseas and they use a trans from a Favorit 610 and use the 6.9L MAN motor. It appears that GMS does some of the machine work for them. The turbo and fuel system appear to be Columbus.

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 11, 2015 04:48PM
How about a j d engine In a moline or International in a d21 ?

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 13, 2015 02:42AM
According to ntpa rule book only replacement engine for an allis is the Detroit 40 series!

Re: Upgraded sheetmetal January 13, 2015 09:46AM
I have several of those if anybody needs one 2manual with p pumps 270 566 2901

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009