Under Rat Modified January 09, 2015 03:23AM
Does anyone out there have any more photos of Joe Tichenor's "Under Rat"? I've posted a photo that was on the Facebook group "Good 'ol days tractor pulling" for all of you to see, but I'd like better ones if possible. Does anyone know if Joe is still alive? I watched the "Under Rat" make many runs back in the early to mid 70's here in Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky. Always loved the name. It always seemed to hook fairly well too. I knew of several flipped upside down F-20's and 30's back in the day. I've always wondered if the lower center of gravity was a plus?

Re: Under Rat Modified January 09, 2015 08:56AM
yes Joe "MUGS" as we know him as is still alive. The under rat was actually owned by him and my uncle Tom Gordon, Tom never drove it. I do have some pictures, I will try to post them if I can figure out how, I also have a news paper with them featured the year they one the Farm machinery show and I think they may have won the Indy that year also.

Re: Under Rat Modified January 09, 2015 11:19AM
Thanks Travis for the info. I'd love to see more photos of the "Under Rat". I always loved the Rat Fink figure on the sides of the dash panel. Do they (Joe or your uncle) still have any or all of the old tractor? Not to change the subject, but I think we may have actually met before. Don't hold it against me (ha ha), but my brother is John Jones who owns Odon Machine & Manufacturing. It seems like I may have worked on some parts for you years ago while working with my brother. I use to do a lot of high performance pump work when I was working down there with him. He use to run a N/A Massey Ferguson 1155. It was painted raspberry metallic. Not only did it look good, it ran fairly well in his class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009