New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 06:27AM
Here are preliminary rules for the new proposed class in the Illinois Tractor Pullers Association.

If numbers dictate, this class will be possible exhibition for 2015 with hopeful scheduling for 2016 and beyond.

If you have a tractor that will fit, are interested, or have any questions email me and I can put you in touch with the appropriate people.

JohnsonFarms05@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 03:28AM by CavalierPulling55.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 08:57AM
souinds like a good class have any booked

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 10:53AM
now that looks like some awesome rules. Its nice to see a diesel class that has a 430 cubic inch limit to give the small block diesels a chance to run. Wish we had a class like this in Kentucky

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 02:21PM
NEW TRACTOR CLASS PROPOSAL
Rules
Engine, sheet metal, manifolds, transmission and rear end must match brand. Manufacturer replacement engine allowed. Sheet metal and engine must be stock appearing.
Engine/RPM; 6 cyl- 361 in3 up to 430 in3 = 2700 rpm
All 4 cylinder engines and 6 cylinder engines up to 360 in3 = 3200 rpm
MAXIMUM ENGINE DISPLACEMENT LIMIT = 430 in3 ON TURBOCHARGED ENGINES. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ENGINE CUBIC INCH RULES WILL RESULT IN ALL DRIVERS/OWNERS BEING PERMANANTLY BARRED FROM ITPA COMPETITION.
Naturally aspirated, cubic inch limit to be determined later, 3000 rpm
2 valve/cyl head 2.5 inch turbocharger
3 or 4 valve/cyl head 2.25 inch turbocharger, valve cover will be removed for inspection upon request.
NO billet heads.
NO slotted turbochargers
Fuel; diesel or gasoline. No propane or pressurized/vapor fuels. Pump blended gasoline/ethanol (E85 max) allowed. NO 100% alcohol allowed (ethanol or methanol), no nitrous allowed, no “off the shelf” oxygen enhancing additives.
Gasoline- NO downdraft carburetors’ allowed. Updraft carburetor only.
Diesel-Rotary (13 mm max) or in-line “A” pump (13 mm max). No “P” pump allowed. No electronic fuel injection allowed.
No intercoolers, no ice box, no artificial cooling agents allowed in intake system.
No water injection
Intake and exhaust manifolds must be OEM or OEM replacement, no homemade manifolds intake or exhaust.
No external modifications of block allowed, other than for injection pump mounting
Safety kill switch must operate air shut off, kill engine spark, and shut off electric fuel pumps.
Electric fans allowed/recommended, no engine driven cooling fans.
Must have 2 bolts (cross-ways) in exhaust pipe.
Electronic ignition must be engine driven. No magnetos.

Weight 8000# max. Must have 200# movable weight
Maximum 114” wheel base. 13 feet maximum distance between center of rear axle and forward most portion of tractor (front weight bracket and weights). Front recovery loop not included in the 13’.
Roll cage (SFI 47.1) and 5 point harness required.
Seat must have side rails and back rest. (See 2014 ITPA rule book page 21, rule #1).
Drawbar; height 20”, length 18”. See 2014 ITPA rule book, page 7, for hitch construction rules & dimensions.
Safety tie bars required. Roll-over/stabilizer bars required. Front skid plates (skis) required.
Exhaust must exit vertically and above the height of the tractor operator’s head. No “flapper” caps, no curved pipes.
3-way fuel dump valve required.
SFI approved clutches and flywheels are required. Notarized statement required.
SFI scatter blanket around clutch housing (SFI 4.2). SFI clutch housing allowed in place of blanket on those tractors that have an independent clutch housing.
No aftermarket transmissions.
Tractors must have fenders on rear wheels capable of supporting driver weight and provide protection to prevent drivers leg/foot from making contact with rear wheels. (See 2014 ITPA rule book page 21, rule #4).
Fuel/gas tanks are not allowed above the engine and must be in front of front axle. All fuel tanks vents (gas and diesel) are required to be vented to within 10 inches of the ground.
Cast tub (Oliver, White, etc.) may be replaced with ladder rails but must be covered with a panel.
Wide fronts only, front wheels must “track” in rear wheels.
The ITPA board must approve any non-factory front end.
Weld on hub plates or wedge style dual hubs required. No U-bolt dual hubs allowed.
Full fire suit (jacket, pants, shoes & gloves) and helmet & sock required.
Fire extinguisher required. (Standard ITPA rules apply)
Safety kill switch required; safety kill switch must operate air shut off, kill engine spark, and shut off electric fuel pumps.
Engine side shield required (See 2014 ITPA rule book page 14), inner shield recommended but not required.
No shifting under green flag
Tires and wheels;
No Aluminum rims allowed ????? final determination to be made later
Radials allowed.
Cut tires allowed.
Any rim width.
18.4-38 bias or radial
480/70R38
460/85R38
20.8-34 bias or radial
520/80R34
540/65R34
RPM pick-up required. (See ITPA 12000 Pro-Farm rules for details).

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 03:14PM
Looks like a good set of rules and a fun class! I would like to see this class in Ohio as well.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 10:40PM
Sound and looks like a good start up class. Why are we penalizing the 361 engine over one ci in on RPM's? I would think that rule should include the 361 motor.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 10:51PM by farmall puller.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 09, 2015 11:33PM
I spoke with Steve Rich the other day. He is the ITPA board member proposing the class
He mentioned that not all rules are set in stone at this time. He is hoping to get input from interested parties and have an unofficial meeting to put the final touches on the rules. I would encourage interested parties to Contact Steve in the very near future. He is hoping to gather a couple of tractors for the 2015 season for exhibition.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 10, 2015 02:56AM
good class, but why is everyone so anti-propane? its a clean domestic fuel.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 10, 2015 04:07AM
A couple of points to clarify.
1) At this time, exhibition of this class in 2015 is not currently on the schedule. It has not been approved by the board as there is a lot of work yet to do in this class.
2) As posted by several others, all of these rules are not "set in stone". Some rules are set and others are open to alteration, hence the opprotunity for input on the final set of rules.
3) For 2016 and beyond, commitment is needed to populate the class.

This class was envisioned as a starter class that would be easy to build to and have the ability of lots of color. Nearly every color of tractor out there has a 400-430 cubic inch 6 cylinder engine. 4 cylinder engines are given a little more RPM to compensate to smaller displacement and fewer cumbustion strokes.
the weight was chosen so that the tractos envisioned for this class, 4010/4020, 706/806, 8000 Ford, 190 AC, 1750 Oliver, etc would not have to do an excessive amount of stripping to make weight.

I would like to get interested parties of this class together this winter before farming season begins to fine tune the rules for the class.
my phone number is 217-971-3289. Steve

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 10, 2015 04:20AM
It's to bad you guys can't work with the group that Bryan Lively is working with. With two new classes being started it would be nice if the two groups could get together and try and get rules that would allow to two groups to hook together,

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 28, 2015 05:47AM
For those persons interested in helping develope the proposed new tractor class for ITPA- Light Farm Stock or Light Pro Farm ( name to be defined later), there will be an informal meeting on Feb 7, 2015 at Witts BBQ just north of Effingham Illinois on Route 33 at 1:00 pm. Lunch on your own at 1:00, rules discussion at 2:00. Witts BBQ is expecting us and has set up an area off to the side for us to meet and talk.

Attached are the latest thoughts on the rules. Note the changes in turbocharger and injection pump.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A PROPOSAL. ITPA board has the final say on the rules. This meeting is to put together a set of rules that the pullers can agree upon and would like to build to/run.

I invite you to come and be part of the solution. Keep the interest of the class formost in your thinking and discussion.

See you there.

Rules
1. Engine, sheet metal, manifolds, transmission and rear end must match brand. Manufacturer replacement engine allowed. Sheet metal and engine must be stock appearing.
2. Engine/RPM; 6 cyl- 361 in3 up to 430 in3 = 2700 rpm
6 cylinder engines up to 380 in3 = 3000 rpm
All 4 cylinder engines, max 340 in3 = 3200 rpm

MAXIMUM ENGINE DISPLACEMENT LIMIT = 430 in3 ON TURBOCHARGED ENGINES. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ENGINE CUBIC INCH RULES WILL RESULT IN ALL DRIVERS/OWNERS BEING PERMANANTLY BARRED FROM ITPA COMPETITION.
Naturally aspirated, cubic inch limit to be determined later, 3000 rpm
Turbocharger rules
 2.5 inch turbocharger (Smooth bore) with OEM manifolds or manufacturer repalcements
 3 or 4 valve/cyl head 2.25 inch turbocharger, valve cover will be removed for inspection upon request.
 2.33 inch slotted allowed with homemade manifolds

NO billet heads.
Fuel; diesel or gasoline. No propane or pressurized/vapor fuels. Pump blended gasoline/ethanol (E85 max) allowed. NO 100% alcohol allowed (ethanol or methanol), no nitrous allowed, no “off the shelf” oxygen enhancing additives.
Gasoline- NO downdraft carburetors’ allowed. Updraft carburetor only.
“P7100” injection pump allowed, maximum 13 mm plunger . No electronic fuel injection allowed.
No intercoolers, no ice box, no artificial cooling agents allowed in intake system.
No water injection
Intake and exhaust manifolds must be OEM or OEM replacement, no homemade manifolds intake or exhaust.
No external modifications of block allowed, other than for injection pump mounting
Safety kill switch must operate air shut off, kill engine spark, and shut off electric fuel pumps.
Electric fans allowed/recommended, no engine driven cooling fans.
Must have 2 bolts (cross-ways) in exhaust pipe.
Electronic ignition must be engine driven. No magnetos.

3. Weight 8000# max. Must have 200# movable weight
4. Maximum 114” wheel base. 13 feet maximum distance between center of rear axle and forward most portion of tractor (front weight bracket and weights). Front recovery loop not included in the 13’.
5. Roll cage (SFI 47.1) and 5 point harness required.
6. Seat must have side rails and back rest. (See 2014 ITPA rule book page 21, rule #1).
7. Drawbar; height 20”, length 18”. See 2014 ITPA rule book, page 7, for hitch construction rules & dimensions.
8. Safety tie bars required. Roll-over/stabilizer bars required. Front skid plates (skis) required.
9. Exhaust must exit vertically and above the height of the tractor operator’s head. No “flapper” caps, no curved pipes.
10. 3-way fuel dump valve required.
11. SFI approved clutches and flywheels are required. Notarized statement required.
12. SFI scatter blanket around clutch housing (SFI 4.2). SFI clutch housing allowed in place of blanket on those tractors that have an independent clutch housing.
13. No aftermarket transmissions.
14. Tractors must have fenders on rear wheels capable of supporting driver weight and provide protection to prevent drivers leg/foot from making contact with rear wheels. (See 2014 ITPA rule book page 21, rule #4).
15. Fuel/gas tanks are not allowed above the engine and must be in front of front axle. All fuel tanks vents (gas and diesel) are required to be vented to within 10 inches of the ground.
16. Cast tub (Oliver, White, etc.) may be replaced with ladder rails but must be covered with a panel.
17. Wide fronts only, front wheels must “track” in rear wheels.
18. The ITPA board must approve any non-factory front end.
19. Weld on hub plates or wedge style dual hubs required. No U-bolt dual hubs allowed.
20. Full fire suit (jacket, pants, shoes & gloves) and helmet & sock required.
21. Fire extinguisher required. (Standard ITPA rules apply)
22. Safety kill switch required; safety kill switch must operate air shut off, kill engine spark, and shut off electric fuel pumps.
23. Engine side shield required (See 2014 ITPA rule book page 14), inner shield recommended but not required.
24. No shifting under green flag
25. Tires and wheels;
No Aluminum rims allowed ????? final determination to be made later
Radials allowed.
Cut tires allowed.
Any rim width.
18.4-38 bias or radial
480/70R38
460/85R38
20.8-34 bias or radial
520/80R34
540/65R34
26. RPM pick-up required. (See ITPA 12000 Pro-Farm rules for details).

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 28, 2015 06:28AM
Is it just me or are the RPM rules conflicting or confusing?

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 28, 2015 06:52AM
more edits- 361 should be 381.
Also, 4 lines under the "P7100 pump", that line should have been removed before posting. Home made manifolds will be allowed using a 2.33 inlet turbo- slotted. OEM will be allowed 2.5"smooth bore.

Like I said, "a work in progress".

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 28, 2015 08:16AM
Seems like your trying to reinvent the wheel. Go with the class and rules that's already out there. Gordyville,MMTTPA,MSTPA,Bootheel,Southern Missouri. All are at 360ci,18.4x38,5800lbs,p-pump,3000rpm's.

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 28, 2015 08:41AM
But all those tractors are in MO and ITPA needs support.
At times a group needs to go down their own path to fill its own needs.
Besides not all wheels fit the same thing, they aren't reinventing the wheel they just need to find what size fits.

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 28, 2015 02:49PM
SHR4010 thanks for the correction. Here in Missouri there are several Associations that are running the classes that micky mentioned and they are working fairly well. If there is a goof up made in it the class here in Missouri it was not placing a turbo limit on the class and that is something that you all are addressing and that should help hold cost down in the class. The weight is to heavy in my opinion but that's just my 2 cents

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 29, 2015 02:07AM
ITPA tractors will only be able to pull with ITPA. Not Gordyville or anywhere else. Very limited market if ever decided to sell.

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 29, 2015 02:54AM
Actually, depending on a pullers choice of combination, they could run IPA Outlaw and I have also heard that ISP is considering putting in a turbo combination very similar for their 7000# class and there were 4 IPA Outlaws that competed in Gordyville this year.

Not that I am saying that Pro Field rules are bad. I think that if a competitor were to build the right combination out of Steve 's options, he will have a piece of equipment that can travel and will still hold as much used market value as any other vehicle that we see on the for sale page.

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 29, 2015 06:27AM
Never heard the Isp rumor really don't ever see that happening

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 29, 2015 07:20AM
I spoke with Jason Yakey on Saturday and if I understood him correctly it was discussed among some of the members of the 7after the meeting this fall to possibly make a change. It was understood that turbo tractors could hook 3 times in the 2015 season to test the validity of the idea.
I am not speaking for the group, just translating what I understood.

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 29, 2015 08:28AM
I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't even know of any turbo tractors around here that would fit in those rules. The #7000 is an n/a open rpm class

Re: New proposed ITPA class- meeting date & time January 29, 2015 08:51AM
Yes, I spoke with someone pulling in that class as well... I don't know if anything is concrete, but that was what I understood as well.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 30, 2015 04:29PM
I hope I never see this "class". There is NO reason to see it. If this "starter class" is supposed to be part of an association, wouldn't the fairs in Illinois be better off to have their own farm class instead of paying a sanctioning body for something they can get out of the field? I mean, c'mon. When I go to a fair and see ITPA, I better see superstocks and modifieds.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 31, 2015 04:00AM
Then it would be a good time for you to visit the concession stand. I am going to guess if this class is picked up it will average 10 to 12 competitors. You can go get something to drink, come back and watch all three Super stocks and both big Mod tractors.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 31, 2015 02:46PM
here's hoping
Then it would be a good time for you to visit the concession stand. I am going to guess if this class is picked up it will average 10 to 12 competitors. You can go get something to drink, come back and watch all three Super stocks and both big Mod tractors.
Ya just proved the point I am trying to make. It is NOT a "starter" class at all. And what I want to see is NOT 10 to 12 competitors in a new "CLASS". I want to see those 10 to 12 competitors build for the CLASSES that ITPA already have!
I won't visit any concession stand, because I won't be there to watch that fecal matter in the first place.

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 31, 2015 03:59PM
They had a good 12+ tractor class, bastardized it. Now there is 6 on a good day. Had a guy trying to get the good class going again but shut him down, now this??? Why the darned cage?? A 3000 rpm small cube no air class doesn't need it. The good class didn't need it. Got jammed down their throats anyways. Stupid

Re: New proposed ITPA class January 29, 2015 01:37PM
Simple = Less Expensive!!!!!
Stock appearing heads for engine being used, no overhead cams allowed
All chassis components must be of same manufacturer and bolt together without modification, no component tractors
Engine must be in stock location for chassis being used
LSS safty and chassis rules apply to turbo entries
Current 7000# rules are unchanged: unlimited ci, unlimited rpm, unlimited tires, etc.

370 ci
stock 2.36 s300 box turbo or smaller. $750 buy back on any turbo in question
5.9 cummins engine can be installed in any tractor
Diesel only 3000 rpm, fuel pump rules are unnecessary
Nothing injected into anywhere on the intake system, no inter coolers
Any tires

We are 7000# NA and hope to be 68-7000# for turbo diesels
Obviously this is not a complete representation of our rules, however this is a general overview of the proposal put before our board.
We are allowing someone who meets these guidelines to have 3 hooks with us during the 2015 season to establish any weight allowances or necessary changes needed to be considered before the proposal would be made next fall.

ONE MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!! January 29, 2015 11:53PM
You have the rule worded as engines must remain stock appearing. Why not change the wording to OEM BLOCKS ONLY. By leaving it as stock appearing you are opening yourself up to billet blocks. Throw a lil sand in your paint and next thing, it's stock appearing. Myou say you want costs low, but there is always somebody that will spend the money. Just food for thought.

Re: ONE MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!! January 31, 2015 05:13PM
I would tend to agree with the concern of "billet" blocks if it were not for the fact of a 2.36 turbo limit. I see no advantage to a recasted or billet block with such a limit on horsepower. If someone were to spend that kind of money on a block like that they would be completely wasting their money.

Re: ONE MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!! February 01, 2015 12:46AM
I have a observation/question that I have never understood. Why do you/we think/believe that you have to have a "200 lb movable weight rule"? Trying to act like NTPA or something? I've never run a class or association that has had that rule looks to me like if you can weigh it you should be able to pull in it. If it's a safety issue then what safety are we trying to help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 12:49AM by farmall puller.

Re: ONE MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!! February 01, 2015 04:58PM
I don't know of any clubs that have the minimum movable weight rule any longer. I believe that most if not all have done away with that in the past few years.

Re: ONE MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!! February 06, 2015 02:20PM
farmall puller
I have a observation/question that I have never understood. Why do you/we think/believe that you have to have a "200 lb movable weight rule"? Trying to act like NTPA or something? I've never run a class or association that has had that rule looks to me like if you can weigh it you should be able to pull in it. If it's a safety issue then what safety are we trying to help?
You have not been pulling long enough then. I don't want to hear you whining about wanting more weight when you build a monster that you can't control in a class that you wanted to pull in.

Re: ONE MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!! March 10, 2015 03:33PM
i wouldn't go down the track without 200 moveablr that's asking for trouble if you get on a good track you'll be lookin at the sky and on the tip bars. sure take some hitch out to keep nose down but done seen to many front wheels get bent and spindles snap from no weight on front. good luck on class

Re: New proposed ITPA class February 06, 2015 10:49AM
Just as a reminder:

"For those persons interested in helping develop the proposed new tractor class for ITPA- Light Farm Stock or Light Pro Farm ( name to be defined later), there will be an informal meeting on Feb 7, 2015 at Witts BBQ just north of Effingham Illinois on Route 33 at 1:00 pm. Lunch on your own at 1:00, rules discussion at 2:00. Witts BBQ is expecting us and has set up an area off to the side for us to meet and talk."

Re: New proposed ITPA class February 06, 2015 02:35PM
"HEY FARMALL PULLER" I probably been pulling longer than your ever be and as far as building something I can't control I'm smart enough to control a piece of pulling equipment without someone telling me I have to have some movable weight to maybe help control it. Oh yeh as far as the whining thing sounds like something you must do. How does asking about the 200 lbs of movable weight rule make me a whiner?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 03:54PM by farmall puller.

Re: New proposed ITPA class February 06, 2015 02:47PM
farmall puller
"HEY FARMALL PULLER" I probably been pulling longer than your ever be and as far as building something I can't control I'm smart enough to control a piece of pulling equipment without someone telling me I have to have some movable weight to maybe help control it. Oh yeh as far as the whining thing sounds like something you must do. How does asking about the 200 lbs of movable rule make me a whiner?
Go back and reread your own post that I quoted. Then you will figure out the answer to your own question.

Re: New proposed ITPA class February 06, 2015 03:37PM
So you don't have a answer get over it. All I did was ask a question and I see you don't have the answer.

Re: New proposed ITPA class February 06, 2015 03:54PM
farmall puller
So you don't have a answer get over it. All I did was ask a question and I see you don't have the answer.
I have nothing to get over. In fact I am laughing at your mentality because you can't figure it out.

Re: New proposed ITPA class March 09, 2015 10:21AM
If memory serves me correctly, this past weekend would have been the March ITPA board meeting. Has anyone heard one way or the other about this class?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms