Injection pump ???? January 17, 2015 11:48AM
Do all inline pumps turn same direction?
Just wondering if say a p pump that's been run on an allis will work on a binder,or one off a Jd work on a red one, etc.

Re: Injection pump ???? January 17, 2015 12:40PM
no all pumps do not turn the same way ,but I understand p pumps will turn either way

Re: Injection pump ???? January 19, 2015 02:43AM
most AC, Cummins, Ford, JD and IH turn clockwise when looking from the front. Case and MM run counter-clock-wise. And no, you just can't run any one backward and rearrange the lines for different firing order. You have to have the right type of camshaft in the pump to allow running backward.

Re: Injection pump ???? January 19, 2015 02:55AM
Is a P-Pump off a mack truck engine of any use or the right size?

Re: Injection pump ???? January 19, 2015 05:26AM
Depends Robert. I've used a Mack pump on an IH before. The older Mack models have really good cams in them, and are 12 mm pumps from the factory. One problem that you will run into is that some have a much larger front taper on the cam than what a guy would normally see. Takes a little bit of machining to get things to fit.

Re: Injection pump ???? January 19, 2015 12:47PM
And if you want to use a Mack pump I have 10 4bolt hubs with the proper taper to make them work. Also have seals to make them self contained and billet mounting plates Keith 402/750-8652

Re: Injection pump ???? January 19, 2015 01:06PM
you will have to tame the Mack governer Rob... remember macks run quite happily at 2100 rpm? been there?Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro