Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 06:55AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that there's going to be a new hot farm class in north central Ohio this year and we are really hoping it continues to grow. There will be at least 6 pulls for these tractors this year and we are always looking to expand. The weight classes for the hot farm classes are 9,000 11,000 & 13,000. The six pulls in the order they will be that are having these classes are, Medina county truck & tractor pullers, Attica pull, Richland county fair pull, Attica independent fair pull, Huron county fair pull and Lorain county fair pull. Also all safety equipment is recommended. All tractors will be tech'd so make access to the turbo easy. Thanks and I hope there is a lot more interest in this class out there. Any questions, please ask.

Rules are as follows:
20 inch hitch height
20.8 max tire size
No cut tires
P-pump max
No aftermarket intercoolers
Factory pto ( does not have to work but housing and shaft must be there )
True 3x3 turbo with no bushings
Water injection is permitted

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 10:10AM
What if a pro farm wanted to come pull? We fit in everything except we run cut tires and no pto. Input?

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:03AM
All those good rules then you put the pto rule in. Pretty much does away with any tractors that are real pullers

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:14AM
Well the pto doesn't have to work, we realize that no one wants to drive that pto. We just liked the idea of the housing and shaft being there to make it look more like the farm part of hot farm. If that doesn't work I will talk to people on the committee again but the rules are pretty much set as of now. If you can get a tag off a wheat land tractor and can prove that then you don't need a pto. Just throwing that out there. And I know for a fact we are going to stay with the no cut tires rule. That class has just really cought on around here and there's a lot of people interested in it.
Thanks
Mike

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:17AM
I have a cage on for safety. I had to take the rock shaft off to mount the cage on. Other than that, I meet other every requirement. If the PTO doesn't work - then what is the point of requiring it. I would like to pull in the class. It sounds to me that you are trying to exclude certain people. I know the tractors that try to push these rules just so they can win.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:36AM
With the cage on and the rockshaft out you can pull in the class yet. And we aren't trying to eliminate anyone but as everyone should remember when we first started the class everyone ended up leaving their tractors in the barn because there was a few people getting in the class that in no way belonged in the class and was putting 40 plus feet on the guy behind them so we are just trying to come up with rules here to make it fair for everyone. Last year in this class the top 10 tractors we within 8 feet of each other.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:39AM
Your rule is uncut. Can you run tires that have been spun backwards on ground down?

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 12:08PM
They can be road worn or spun backwards but you can not cut them or grind them, no type of machine sharpening or cutting. Road worn isn't cut and spun backwards isn't cut.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:45AM
Sounds like a fun class, don't let some of these guys ruin it for y'all. Wish I was close so I could join in.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 12:50PM
Why not any lighter classes?

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 12:52PM
We are going to have lighter classes at some of those pulls just thoes 3 classes seem to fit most of the people. We don't have big turnouts in our smaller classes.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 09:14PM
You say that "all safety equipment is recommended" but I see no mention of any RPM limit. How can you run open RPM's with no REQUIREMENT of steel flywheels, scatter blankets, and tie bars? Did I miss something here?

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 09:38PM
Sounds like a good point on rpms. Why did you guys not look around at other organizations and come up with rules
That somewhat fit all.i understand that sometime this is hard to do but I agree with tractorpuller1466 that wanting certain People in the class. Pto if it doesn't have to work than why have it, some 1466&1566 came bare back what about that.
What about hydralics do we need them or not. What cubic inch you guy put a 3x3 limit on it but no cubic inch.
If you don't put a speed limit or rpm limit on this class you guys are going to still have someone comes out with a 600plus engine with a p pump and run 12%over direct
And still put 40 ft on everyone. The p-pump and safety equipment is the only good thing about this
Just my opinion tho and everyone's got one!

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 10:38PM
Ok so then you need to tell me this "just a thought" how is a 466 going to keep up with a 619? By the breakdown of the classes in the past I'm 100 percent sure that the winners of the classes have been tractors with 466, 496, and 525 with the 619 and 600 cubic inch motors really close to them, within inches to be exact. The old class with the rpm limit promoted the big cubic inch motors, 600 plus. This way has made the field of tractors super even. Also if the tractor didn't have a pto in it from the factory you don't need to have one as long as you have proof of that which is easy to come up with. And you don't have to have any hyds. on your tractor.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 25, 2015 11:46PM
Is this a suicide/murder class with not requiring any safety equipment. Sound like a group here at home. Remember the places they are pulling and stay away for your own safety if you understand what I'm saying.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 26, 2015 10:11AM
Well it was my misprint when I put this on here yesterday that I didn't put any tractor over 3000 rpm will have to have a steel flywheel, side shields and a blanket but other than that the rest of the safety equipment is recommended.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 26, 2015 01:45AM
about safety: look up "1206 breaks in half" on youtube

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 26, 2015 06:14AM
That's got to be some of the dumbest rules ever ! Safety equipment not required ? How in the hell do you prove your tractor came with no PTO ? This class is doomed from the start JMO .

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 26, 2015 10:29AM
So what your say is any super farm can pull as long as we put a dummy pto??
And come out and put 50 on the pullers and all is good?? You really need a rpm or
Cubic inch limit!! I've got one in the barn waiting for motor. Thinking you guys where going to
Do something intelligent instead you put charger limit that's it.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 26, 2015 02:05PM
mdswartzmiller, if you would please give me a call thanks Brad Giauque, holmes county fair tractor pull chairman. millersburg,ohio.330 466 4852

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 27, 2015 08:36AM
I was wondering will we be able to get our tractors teched prior to the first pull and will that be good for all of the pulls. Will the same person be teching at all of the pulls. I am not looking to tear my tractor apart before every pull. Thanks

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 27, 2015 10:56AM
I'll check on that and let you know. We would have to put some kind of tags on the turbo so we would be able to look and see that you didn't change anything.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 27, 2015 02:39PM
Seal em with you own seal.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 27, 2015 03:43PM
I am also 4 a lighter class its hard to find any class like that between 6 and 8000 pounds, those three classes you posted will just be almost a repeat of the class before it. I also agree with everybody else you better come up with some rules or it will just be another money class and will dwindle.

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 28, 2015 12:23PM
Where could I get thoes seals farmall puller?

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 29, 2015 12:23AM
I'm not sure because we don't have turbo limits but I've heard others on here that say they do. Ok anyone know how this seal thing can work?

Re: Hot farm class in north central ohio January 29, 2015 11:52AM
Ok thanks for the info any hopefully we can get some help on that.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,867, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM